Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

When does the panel officially expire?

Not sure.....when I rang PAS last week, I was told September or October. They said to ring back in early September and they should have a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

liniloo wrote: »
    After the supervised tests, I was in batch 2, no. 59. I rang PAS last week and was told they're up to 173 of 200 in batch 1 (I presume that means they've placed 173 so far?!). We can only hope!!!
    You would wonder why they would bother to interview you if your not going to get an offer? Hopefully you will hear something .. fingers crossed they will call next batch soon for this campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Sarah2018 wrote: »
    You would wonder why they would bother to interview you if your not going to get an offer? Hopefully you will hear something .. fingers crossed they will call next batch soon for this campaign

Yeah, it's very frustrating to think you've passed all the stages but might have to go through it all again:( Best of luck with both campaigns!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi can anyone explain how "batch1,batch 2"are created. Is it the first group of people in each count that was invited and passed the supervised test and interview??? Or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sparklingangel

Hi No batch one has to be cleared first and then they go on to batch 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi No batch one has to be cleared first and then they go on to batch 2.

I know that's how they offer the jobs but I was just wondering how they decide who goes into batch 1 or batch 2. For example: first group of people in county was called for supervised test in a last two weeks. Does it mean that whoever passes the supervised test and interview will be in batch 1?and then next group called will be batch 2???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone explain how "batch1,batch 2"are created. Is it the first group of people in each count that was invited and passed the supervised test and interview??? Or how does it work?

Batch one are the first lot from each county that go to stage two, batch two is the second and so on.

In some comps you could have further breakdown of the batchs eg batch 1.1,1.2 and these would be the groups from batch one that get called onto interview

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Anyone from Cork, Dublin or Wexford may be interested in this.

Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=97556

This is a separate campaign so you will need to apply for it.

Closing date for applications: 3p.m. on Monday, 10th September 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

Hi, I have passed interview stage of the 2016 comp and in Tipperary batch 5 place 2 . I was told the other day that there are 2 or 3 to be placed before me and the comp is closing in October. Would anyone know if it goes beyond October am I out of the comp and have to reapply or is there still a chance of me getting something?
    Also Where could you be based in Tipperary as I live in Clonmel and would like to get that area if something comes up??

miccy203 wrote: »
    Hiya

Just wondering what batch number and place your friends are for the Tipperary region?? Thanks.

Im batch 5 place 2 and was told yesterday that there are 2 or 3 to be placed before me.

• Advertisement

Gambon wrote: »
    Hi, I have passed interview stage of the 2016 comp and in Tipperary batch 5 place 2 . I was told the other day that there are 2 or 3 to be placed before me and the comp is closing in October. Would anyone know if it goes beyond October am I out of the comp and have to reapply or is there still a chance of me getting something?
    Also Where could you be based in Tipperary as I live in Clonmel and would like to get that area if something comes up??

Have you applied to the campaign that closed in July?

If you didn't and don't get placed by when this panel closes in October then you are out if luck and will most likely have to wait until 2020 when it opens again.

If you did apply for the campaign that closed in July then you will still have to do all the stages again for 2018 Comp and get a place on that panel if you don't get placed off 2016 in the next two months

Hi, No I applied for the one closing in October.
    Have you applied to the campaign that closed in July?

If you didn't and don't get placed by when this panel closes in October then you are out if luck and will most likely have to wait until 2020 when it opens again.

If you did apply for the campaign that closed in July then you will still have to do all the stages again for 2018 Comp and get a place on that panel if you don't get placed off 2016 in the next two months

Gambon wrote: »
    Hi, No I applied for the one closing in October.

Then if you don't get placed by October when it closes, you will have to wait for 2020 campaign to apply again as applications for 2018 closed early July

Fingers crossed so. Thanks for the info.

Then if you don't get placed by October when it closes, you will have to wait for 2020 campaign to apply again as applications for 2018 closed early July

Hi All,

I have set up a separate thread for:

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107969176#post107969176

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Islandgirl3378

Has anyone been called from Donegal. I’m 250+ on the OOM. Have I any chance at all of getting a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shanz2018

Has anyone been called from Donegal. I’m 250+ on the OOM. Have I any chance at all of getting a job?

Hey, I was called for Stage 2 last week from Donegal. My OOM is 11.. not sure how many have been called though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annied22

Has anyone been called for Carlow yet?
    Any idea what number they are up to in Wicklow

Has anyone heard any updates on Tipperary yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The last sitting of this batch to stage 2 was the 29th. Anyone any idea when we should hear back? They moved to stage 2 very quickly this year so am wondering if results will be quick too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The last sitting of this batch to stage 2 was the 29th. Anyone any idea when we should hear back? They moved to stage 2 very quickly this year so am wondering if results will be quick too?

We were told that we would get our results sometime in September... She didn’t give a definite date though.

Samsgirl wrote: »

How do you know that the 29th was the last day? What county were you called for?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

How do you know that the 29th was the last day? What county were you called for?

The 29th August was the final day of been able to book a time for test for those that were called to first round of supervised tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Do ye think they will proceed with interviewing people that have just completed the assessments in dublin... or will the call the next round of people for stage 2 in Dublin. Hoping to get called in the next round for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hhghdghgdjhhg

Is it only me or did anyone else find the aptitude tests up in Dublin way harder this year then it was back in 2016, especially numerical?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hilarious the amount of hoops one has to jump through now to get a low paying job when more than a few of my superiors during TCO stint barely had leaving certs, God be with the days when it was all who ya knew to get into the civil service back then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hhghdghgdjhhg

Hilarious the amount of hoops one has to jump through now to get a low paying job when more than a few of my superiors during TCO stint barely had leaving certs, God be with the days when it was all who ya knew to get into the civil service back then. :)

I totally agree with you to a certain extent Tyler. And very very large hoops be it at that, I understand that they have to do it fairly. But if only Public Appointments Service releases how many well experienced Civil Servant staff as TCOs over the years or any other well experienced people that have the experience in large office environments that they are losing. It seems to me that they do not even take it into account or even look at your PDF Application Form (Previous Employment) until the very end at interview. If they only took this into consideration a bit they would see that they are losing a lot of very good and well experienced people that is fit for this position within the Civil Service. very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I totally agree with you to a certain extent Tyler. And very very large hoops be it at that, I understand that they have to do it fairly. But if only Public Appointments Service releases how many well experienced Civil Servant staff as TCOs over the years or any other well experienced people that have the experience in large office environments that they are losing. It seems to me that they do not even take it into account or even look at your PDF Application Form (Previous Employment) until the very end at interview. If they only took this into consideration a bit they would see that they are losing a lot of very good and well experienced people that is fit for this position within the Civil Service. very frustrating

From my time there Im convinced the PAS process etc is just lip service to give the appearance of institutional reform when in fact not much has changed at all. From what I saw departmental bureaucratic resistance ensured a recruitment process that still heavily favoured legacy employees regarding internal promotions/movement, instead of introducing new employees with heaven forbid, a higher education and different ways of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Is it only me or did anyone else find the aptitude tests up in Dublin way harder this year then it was back in 2016, especially numerical?

Nope I found them hard too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 schoopi

Just wondering if anyone knows what the "qualifying standard" for the supervised tests in this campaign will be? Do you think they will be the same as the example tests on the Publicjobs website or will there be a new "qualifying standard" depending on the average results from the tests?
    Thanks.

Advertisement