Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Is it only me or did anyone else find the aptitude tests up in Dublin way harder this year then it was back in 2016, especially numerical?

Yeah same numerical very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Whollywoo

Catalan69 wrote: »
    It is......there are folks only being called to stage 2 and interview in certain counties. ...wexford still on batch 1 .....depends on where the vacancies are
    Laois and Offaly currently only one batch 1 in the 2016 campaign also

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

liniloo wrote: »
    Sarah2018 wrote: »
    You would wonder why they would bother to interview you if your not going to get an offer? Hopefully you will hear something .. fingers crossed they will call next batch soon for this campaign

Yeah, it's very frustrating to think you've passed all the stages but might have to go through it all again:( Best of luck with both campaigns!
    173 may not have been placed , some people will have failed interview and some will have turned down the offer . In the 2016 campaign a lot of people turned their offers down as where they were offered didn't suit for various reasons e.g. Too far to travel or holding out for their other choice or just didn't want to work in the area they were offered .

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Em mag

mdwexford wrote: »
    Crap compared to what?

€442 a week starting off is more than a lot of people get. If you can get a job that pays more go for it.

Flexi time is a fantastic benefit. Any day you want you can come in at 10am and go home at 4pm. Extra 1.5 days off per month if you work up the time.

Promotion and training opportunities available also. Total job security. Pay rises every single year guaranteed.

Hi
    So your pay moves up the scale every year is that right and can you do courses in your 1st year or do you have to wait till you finish your probation
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Can anyone give me an example of the type of maths questions asked etc ratios percentages? I’m already working in the civil service but would like to know for future exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Sinus pain wrote: »
    Can anyone give me an example of the type of maths questions asked etc ratios percentages? I’m already working in the civil service but would like to know for future exams

Do the sample tests online, they're a good guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JohnnyD17

Give or take a few they are about 95, batch 2 in Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 8 irishfella3

Can anyone tell me usually how many batches they usually have? I just read earlier in the thread that they are inly on batch one of 2016 applicant for 2016 for laois! So just wondering if anyone has any idea of an estimated time frame of when I may be called to stage 2 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

I have gone through stage 2 and the interview stage for Tipp. I was onto them last week and they said that the comp will be closing in october or november. The next compis for 2020 I think.

Can anyone tell me usually how many batches they usually have? I just read earlier in the thread that they are inly on batch one of 2016 applicant for 2016 for laois! So just wondering if anyone has any idea of an estimated time frame of when I may be called to stage 2 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jonnyha

Em mag wrote: »
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Crap compared to what?

€442 a week starting off is more than a lot of people get. If you can get a job that pays more go for it.

Flexi time is a fantastic benefit. Any day you want you can come in at 10am and go home at 4pm. Extra 1.5 days off per month if you work up the time.

Promotion and training opportunities available also. Total job security. Pay rises every single year guaranteed.

Hi
    So your pay moves up the scale every year is that right and can you do courses in your 1st year or do you have to wait till you finish your probation
    Thanks

When I started in the Civil Service, it was August. I was a Clerical Officer on probation.

I then applied to do a B.Sc in Computing and started that part-time (three nights per week) the following month. All paid for by the Civil Service. Five years. I then went on to do a Masters in Public Management (all paid for). Promoted three times. Great job, great opportunities, family-friendly hours, can take months off during the Summer (unpaid but can spread the pain over the entire year) as well as your annual leave, great short training courses too (you'll be at expert level in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint in no time if you wish), opportunities to represent your department (and the country) in meetings abroad.

And most important of all, you have the opportunity to provide and improve services to the public.

Good luck to all. And if the exam doesn't go well the first time, keep trying. Everyone can have an off day. You'll get there in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

The number of batch vary on the number of candidates that passed stage 1 and the number of vacancies they expect in a given county. for example:

In the 2018 comp for Waterford - batch 1 has 62 candidates but I think Limerick's batch 1 when into the 100's.

If the same number of candidates pass stage 1 in waterford and limerick then Waterford would have more batches but less candidates per batch. On the other hand, Limerick would be expected to have more vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davidblake

Can anyone tell me when they will be giving the results of the assesments that took place in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fific93

Has anyone in Donegal been invited to stage two yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Fific93 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Donegal been invited to stage two yet?

someone posted on 3rd September that they had been called for Donegal stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Islandgirl3378

Where could you get info on how many candidates got jobs in each county in the last competition? I know they are still working off it.

Where could you get info on how many candidates got jobs in each county in the last competition? I know they are still working off it.

I highly doubt the PAS would give out that information as its too detailed (and somewhat useless information to them). If you want to know about jobs nationally you would have to go through a lot of dail "questions to the minister" on Oireachtas.ie

Even if you could get that information it is unlikely to aid you as jobs in the upcoming campaign will be partly based expansion but mostly on vacancies through retirement i.e: just because 100 people retired last year in your county doesn't mean that 100 will retire this year or even next. it could be more or it could be a lot less especially because the mandatory retirement age for civil servants was raise earlier this year so its impossible to know how this will effect the retirement rate.

If your only looking for rough estimate of vacancies in your county, I would suggest you check out:

https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

JohnnyD17 wrote: »
    Give or take a few they are about 95, batch 2 in Westmeath

Is this the 2016 panel you are talking about? How many are in batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

They answered me that very question no problem. They told me to date from the permanent 2016 panel how many had been assigned to a post in my chosen area.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gambon

Would anyone know what I should expect if my place comes up and what should I expect from a member of the clearance unit ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Has anyone been called to interview for Leitrim yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

People seem to be conflating 2016 campaign with 2018 campaign.I thought this was the 2018 forum. it is making for confusing reading and the spread of misinformation. The interview stage has not been reached for 2018 campaign. The results of supervised assessments haven't even been issued yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

This waiting for results is so hard. Im convinced I didn't make the cut this time as I struggled with the numerical questions. Just want to know for definite so I can look at other options.

ShazGV wrote: »
    Has anyone been called to interview for Leitrim yet?

This campaign is not at interview stage yet. You're looking for the 2016 one for updates.

davidblake wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when they will be giving the results of the assesments that took place in Dublin?

Usually 2-3 weeks after the testing window closes. That was Aug 29th for this batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dilw2

Samsgirl wrote: »
    This waiting for results is so hard. Im convinced I didn't make the cut this time as I struggled with the numerical questions. Just want to know for definite so I can look at other options.

I presumed ye would have results by now, maybe next week!
    Hopefully they'll start calling more of us to stage 2 then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    People seem to be conflating 2016 campaign with 2018 campaign.I thought this was the 2018 forum. it is making for confusing reading and the spread of misinformation. The interview stage has not been reached for 2018 campaign. The results of supervised assessments haven't even been issued yet.
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    This campaign is not at interview stage yet. You're looking for the 2016 one for updates.

We seem to be moving at a different pace to the rest of the country so. The supervised assessments were back in July for us, results sent a week later, applications sent & interviews due to be this month according to their timeline. Was just wondering if anyone had been called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

This is all very confusing! Can we please just discuss the 2018 campaign on this thread.
    With this in mind, has anybody who did the 2018 campaign supervised stage 1 tests, heard back from PAS yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭HelpImAlive

ShazGV wrote: »
    We seem to be moving at a different pace to the rest of the country so. The supervised assessments were back in July for us, results sent a week later, applications sent & interviews due to be this month according to their timeline. Was just wondering if anyone had been called yet.

That's the 2016 campaign, it has been said in that thread that they aren't calling any more people for interview, anyone who has done the tests won't be called now as that panel closes end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

So regarding the current CO roles advertised on public jobs, will people on the shortlist be automatically higher up than me if I were to apply now?

• Advertisement

splashuum wrote: »
    So regarding the current CO roles advertised on public jobs, will people on the shortlist be automatically higher up than me if I were to apply now?

Do you mean the Revenue/ Customs CO roles?

Advertisement