Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daisyy87

Hi Clare, Just have a small question. Please maybe you remember how your test looked like in Feb. I attached 2 pics . One style from Cut-e other from Shl

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

daisyy87 wrote: »
    Hi Clare, Just have a small question. Please maybe you remember how your test looked like in Feb. I attached 2 pics . One style from Cut-e other from Shl

hi not the cut-e anyway very similar to the ones in public jobs and they only have verbal and math nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JohnnyD17

I came 60th in Westmeath and have my test in Dublin tomorrow. I heard they called the first 130 in Westmeath for the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

JohnnyD17 wrote: »
    I came 60th in Westmeath and have my test in Dublin tomorrow. I heard they called the first 130 in Westmeath for the exam.

Best of luck, I have mine during the week.

Good luck to everyone else taking the tests too. Don’t forget your passport photo, ID and your invite to take the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭HDonal

Good luck to everyone taking the tests!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Heading up to Dublin for Stage 2 tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pearl348

Sorry if wrong thread but I was wondering how long it takes to hear back from the civil service? I had an interview for a clerical officer position which afterward they contacted me asking for my references. Is that a good sign? If you get the job do they phone you or send a letter?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bozo

Heading up to Dublin for Stage 2 tomorrow.

Best of luck to everyone!

Bestof luck! My OOM was in the 200s so doubt I'll have that trip to make 🙠but best wishes to ye all that are 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Good luck everybody taking the tests this week. Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

Good luck folks - is it just westmeath or are any other areas called yet?

• Advertisement

happydays5 wrote: »
    Good luck folks - is it just westmeath or are any other areas called yet?

People were called according to their OOM (order of merit) after Stage 1 and not by county, so yes, people from other areas were called.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

JohnnyD17 wrote: »

Best of luck, I have mine next week. let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Best of luck everyone! Really wish I was joining you! In the 200's for Laois & Offaly but I'll remain optimistic and hope for the best ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

336699 wrote: »
    People were called according to their OOM (order of merit) after Stage 1 and not by county, so yes, people from other areas were called.

How does that work?

Very confusing how the selection is being organised......

Surely if they only call by OOM and not County, they could for example call 200 people and find 40 are from One county for example :confused:

How would they fill posts in the counties they need to fill posts doing that?

EDIT - Best of luck to all going up today and over the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

iPhone. wrote: »
    336699 wrote: »

How does that work?

Very confusing how the selection is being organised......

Surely if they only call by OOM and not County, they could for example call 200 people and find 40 are from One county for example :confused:

How would they fill posts in the counties they need to fill posts doing that?

EDIT - Best of luck to all going up today and over the next few days!

That original comment was misleading. Each county has a separtate OOM. Every county has been called but the numbers called vary.

One county may have called the first 50 on the OOM others 30 and another could be 100. It depends on how many vacancies they expect to arise in a given area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Annied22

Anyone from Carlow or Wicklow called yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Has Galway or Mayo been called and upto what numbers?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Any feedback on aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

busymammy wrote: »
    Any feedback on aptitude test?

Did it earlier today, like any test time management is key, particularly for the numerical section. Managed to finish the last section as well (just about), you really have to fly through that one. Overall not too bad, kicking myself over two blunders on the first section, but found it relatively straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Was it just 2 tests - verbal reasoning and numerical? Was it cut-e? Was there any checking information? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lisah77

Hi, well done for been called to do the exam! Was the test like the practice test on the public jobs website & was there error checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Lisah77 wrote: »
    Hi, well done for been called to do the exam! Was the test like the practice test on the public jobs website & was there error checking?

Same format essentially,verbal, numerical and error checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭nl2803

Joe222 wrote:
    Has Galway or Mayo been called and upto what numbers?

I was called for today but wasn't able to make it, doing it next Monday, I'm in the top 10 for Mayo so don't know what number they have called up 2

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

I am in the low 20's for Mayo, taking test Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Getting worried how few people are being called up to the next stage. I thought hundreds would be called. I am not far off 200 for both regions.

Initially I thought my ranking was for entire country but it seems it is only for county so there must be hundreds ahead.

Can I ask how are people scoring so high in these management scenarios? I find them a bit of a lottery.

Just home after sitting the tests today.

Verbal comp, numerical and checking information.

Straightforward enough and the same as the ones on publicjobs.ie.

You have to FLY at the checking information one to finish it!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Can I ask if they gave you a practise run before the live test or was it start straight into the live test?

Also, were you given a break between each test or was straight one after another?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Did you manage to answer all questions on time?

One practice question before each part.

A couple of minutes between each test where they explain the next part.

Make sure to bring your passport photo-a few people forgot today.

Yes answered all the questions for the first two easily but the third part I finished by the skin of my teeth!

• Advertisement

How long did it all take in total? Mine is at 2pm and I’m trying to figure out which train to book home.

Advertisement