Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

They may want to empty out those remaining from the 2016 panel (i.e those who have successfully passed the interview stage) ...as previously said I don't think they'll be in any major rush just yet forming the new panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭fearmhor18

Anyone called in Monghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CoffeTime

Got called for 2 stage... 26's for Wicklow and 44's for Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    has anyone being called for Cavan yet?

I haven't heard yet of anyone being called for Cavan/Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

They may want to empty out those remaining from the 2016 panel (i.e those who have successfully passed the interview stage) ...as previously said I don't think they'll be in any major rush just yet forming the new panel.

I know 2 people in Tipperary who are next to be placed from the 2016 panel and they WILL be placed in the coming weeks, a long time since their stage 1.

So they will be in no rush as you said selecting the new panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

So is there a chance that we might not actually get a job offer for two years? That seems... disheartening

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Icbaby

Following this convo since it went live but joined cause I'm confused Just wondering what the batch no means peeps? I've just finished stage 2 in limerick and got an email to say I'm batch 6, no 23. What does that mean? Anyone know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They are assigning people in groups.
    You are whatever number in group 6. ( Can't see your post on the phone when replying)

They are assigning people in groups.
    You are whatever number in group 6. ( Can't see your post on the phone when replying)
    Thanks 😀 Doesn't seem so bad now. So do you wait for maybe months to be called for interview and then job comes not so long after or other way around, so have interview soon and wait a long time for job?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Icbaby wrote: »
    Following this convo since it went live but joined cause I'm confused Just wondering what the batch no means peeps? I've just finished stage 2 in limerick and got an email to say I'm batch 6, no 23. What does that mean? Anyone know??

Its like the order of merit but in groups. Batch 1 scored highest in stage 2 and so will be the first group called for interview. Usually batches are called one at a time for interview but in some locations (ie: Dublin) two or more batches maybe called together, depending on expected vacancies.

After each batch is interviewed, those successful will be assigned a panel number and the next batch will be called for interview. those successful in batch 2 etc will be given the next available number on the panel.

• Advertisement

Thanks 😀 Doesn't seem so bad now. So do you wait for maybe months to be called for interview and then job comes not so long after or other way around, so have interview soon and wait a long time for job?

If you read up the comments, some people who were on the 2016 panel only got interviewed earlier this year and are being assigned jobs at the moment.

If you read up the comments, some people who were on the 2016 panel only got interviewed earlier this year and are being assigned jobs at the moment.

Thanks Mike, I saw them saying about only being called for an interview from 2016 but I have an interview in 2 weeks so was confused. But as you said this interview is literally to get the next interview. Wow seems so complicated ha ha. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

from 2016 panel? what number were you b4 stage 2

Thanks Mike, I saw them saying about only being called for an interview from 2016 but I have an interview in 2 weeks so was confused. But as you said this interview is literally to get the next interview. Wow seems so complicated ha ha. Thanks.

Im surprised to be honest that you got called for interview so fast but if two thing are for sure the process is complicated and PAS provide minimal information.

Anyways best of luck with your interview and if they give any news/ updates on whats happening next, Do let us know.

2016claire wrote: »
    from 2016 panel? what number were you b4 stage 2
    Omg I applied for 2018 11/07, got called for stage 2 19:07 (thought it was quick) but because you just said it I checked and stage 2 is for 2016. Now I'm really confused haha
    My stage 1 2016 results was 570 and my stage 2 (which I now realise was for 2016 also) was batch 6, no 23 and I've an interview next week. This is for Limerick.

Im surprised to be honest that you got called for interview so fast but if two thing are for sure the process is complicated and PAS provide minimal information.

Anyways best of luck with your interview and if they give any news/ updates on whats happening next, Do let us know.
    Seems I got confused and it's for 2016 stages that I'm doing now. But thanks fingers crossed anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Sarah2018

I spoke to a guy in Pas today and he informed me that they will be doing alot of stage 2 testing 2016 panel expires end of next month. They have called the first people quite quickly so there's hope for most

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

2016 panel expires end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Catalan69

Pai Mei wrote: »
    So is there a chance that we might not actually get a job offer for two years? That seems... disheartening
    It is......there are folks only being called to stage 2 and interview in certain counties. ...wexford still on batch 1 .....depends on where the vacancies are

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greenboy70

Anyone have any updates in Galway or Donegal regions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Is there anyone here who have ever failed aptitude test? I have heard that you must be really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

busymammy wrote: »
    Is there anyone here who have ever failed aptitude test? I have heard that you must be really fast.

i did it in Feb for Dublin just to see what's like and i can't remember anything but i did fail and im just after checking in inbox to see what did they say and how did i do i mos't have deleted them but yeah its fast is like LC your timed, i think was only numerical and verbal nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Grovekid

Anyone in Kerry get called for an interview lately? Get a massage late last week saying in in Bach 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

Grovekid wrote: »
    Anyone in Kerry get called for an interview lately? Get a massage late last week saying in in Bach 5.

Are you talking about the 2016 campaign ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Grovekid

Are you talking about the 2016 campaign ??

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Long nose

any body apply for the Technical Agricultural Officer role?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Long nose wrote: »
    any body apply for the Technical Agricultural Officer role?

There's a whole other thread on that

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Does anyone have a quick link to the thread for EO in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

busy_mom wrote: »
    Does anyone have a quick link to the thread for EO in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Take a look in the forum for it. It's a current topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

anyone hear back from roscommon or westmeath for stage 2. Im in late 300's OOM for roscommon not not feeling very hopeful luckily i have a current job but am on the look out eitherway.

Advertisement