Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Missyst wrote: »
    I am currently going through vetting for AGS. They told me it would be 12-16 weeks but when I checked this morning it says ‘application complete’ .. it has only been 3 weeks. I had read somewhere about different strands? If anyone has information about it I would appreciate it. Thanks

The first strand is just the normal Garda vetting that you go through for a lot of different jobs .... Usually only takes a day or two ... It's phase 2 and particularly 3 that take the longest ... Mine wasn't too bad it was 14 weeks and that included Christmas aswell when not much would have been done so really only 12 weeks ... I'm now into my 5th week working in AGS and it's worth the wait for the benefits and work life balance especially with all that's going on at the moment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rubywoo123

I have a similar query. I’m also in process of being vetted for AGS. I received an email saying The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate. Like the previous user it’s only been about 5 weeks and I was also told it’ll be at least 12 weeks.

Can anyone tell me if my vetting is now completed or is further vetting required?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Rubywoo123 wrote: »
    I have a similar query. I’m also in process of being vetted for AGS. I received an email saying The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate. Like the previous user it’s only been about 5 weeks and I was also told it’ll be at least 12 weeks.

Can anyone tell me if my vetting is now completed or is further vetting required?

The above reply on the similar query would apply to your situation also. First strand complete. Two more to go. From experience it may take longer than 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curiousity20

Has anyone heard those waiting on garda vetting for Ags if this campaign expires before we are placed is our vetting null and void?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Have anyone got job offers last week or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Have anyone got job offers last week or two?

I got offered DSP in Buncrana about 3 weeks ago. Start in 2 weeks.

That's great! Hopefully things are still rolling I'm so close & the new panel is on the way. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 firsttime_tat

Hi, did anyone ever have a problem trying to check the status of their Garda clearance? I’m entering in the correct number but it keeps showing up as an error? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bluesky1234

Anyone get called recently from Louth panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Missyst

Another question about evetting! I received an email back on the 23/03 stating the following: The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate.
    I checked the status of the application and it now states ‘Download expired’ since 23/04. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭shmeee

Another question about evetting! I received an email back on the 23/03 stating the following: The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Garda Civilian Human Resources Directorate.
    I checked the status of the application and it now states ‘Download expired’ since 23/04. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

You vetting has been completed and returned to the HR Department of your employer.

The word "disclosure" throws so many people off.

shmeee wrote: »
    You vetting has been completed and returned to the HR Department of your employer.

The word "disclosure" throws so many people off.

Thanks. I presumed the vetting would take longer than 4 weeks for the ASG. Just from what I’ve been reading here

Thanks. I presumed the vetting would take longer than 4 weeks for the ASG. Just from what I’ve been reading here

It is not complete. It does take alot longer than 4 weeks. I'm on week 27. The term "disclosure made" in this case means that the first strand only is complete and that the information from that particular strand of vetting has been passed on to AGS. There are 2 more stands.

Your evetting by the Vetting Unit is complete, with AGS, extra levels will be now completed.

Thanks for clarifying. Wow 27 weeks, im only right at the start of the process so!

Thanks for clarifying. Wow 27 weeks, im only right at the start of the process so!

It varies, can be as as low as 16 weeks. It's a minefield. Just a waiting game.

No prob. Hopefully you won't be waiting as long as me!

Ya that’s it. Least the light is at the end of the tunnel.However long it takes! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bluesky1234

Does anyone know if there is flexie time in garda stations

Does anyone know if there is flexie time in garda stations

Anyone I know in a Station are on flexi time but they have core hours they need to attend. Depends on their position but usually 10am-12pm and 2pm-4pm are core hours.

At present flexi time is suspended in many departments, due to Covid-19 working remotely and set rota's.

• Advertisement

Hi anybody got an email to say CO2018 has expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roverm

yes, got email a few days ago saying its now expired

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Hello everyone. My garda clearance is now complete for my job at a garda station. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would be to a start date now. Many thanks

Bredamb wrote: »
    Hello everyone. My garda clearance is now complete for my job at a garda station. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it would be to a start date now. Many thanks

I got my clearance about 2 weeks ago and received my start date yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

well done on getting offered a position. what part of the country are you in? i am in carlow/kilkenny and was told the 2018 panel had expired. I was wondering if they are going to start on the 2020 panel!! Hanging on and hanging on and hoping!!! i am working as TCO currently covering sick leave. So at least I have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

Are they flexible on start date? As in, say you had to work up 6 weeks or two months notice for current employer would they accommodate that? Presume you wouldn't hand in your notice until you get a rough idea of a start date anyways.

I got my clearance about 2 weeks ago and received my start date yesterday

Thank you. Just wondering when your start date is please

well done on getting offered a position. what part of the country are you in? i am in carlow/kilkenny and was told the 2018 panel had expired. I was wondering if they are going to start on the 2020 panel!! Hanging on and hanging on and hoping!!! i am working as TCO currently covering sick leave. So at least I have a job.
    I got offered the job a few months ago. I was waiting for Garda clearance. I’m based in Clare it’s from the 2018 Campaign. Best of luck.

Are they flexible on start date? As in, say you had to work up 6 weeks or two months notice for current employer would they accommodate that? Presume you wouldn't hand in your notice until you get a rough idea of a start date anyways.

Yes they were very accommodating. They didn’t have a ‘set date’. Just worked out what suited us both and agreed on that date

• Advertisement

Bredamb wrote: »
    Thank you. Just wondering when your start date is please

End of August. I’m going to take a week off before starting :-)

Advertisement