Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Ollie321 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not, could a serving CO apply to the new (not currently advertised-open) 2020 CO competition?

Yes you can of course. I was placed off the 2016 campaign but not in an ideal location. I applied again in 2018 campaign and went through the whole process but withdrew because of health issues. There's nothing to stop you going again and your dead right mobility is a loooonnngggg wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poppy2019

Hi guys

I notice a few people are saying they are waiting for a position in revenue. Was there an opportunity at some point to express an interest in different departments ie revenue, social welfare, AGS etc?

I’m currently waiting in Louth.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Poppy2019 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I notice a few people are saying they are waiting for a position in revenue. Was there an opportunity at some point to express an interest in different departments ie revenue, social welfare, AGS etc?

I’m currently waiting in Louth.

Cheers

Expression of interest was only offered for those in selected areas who has reached a set qualifying standard in that area. And these positions were for revenue only. If you didn't express an interest you just stayed on the campaign as normal awaiting other offers.

Areas listed were:
    Galway
    Westmeath
    Limerick
    Tipperary
    Kilkenny
    Mayo

All positions above are starting in February apart from Limerick which is March and is spilt into 2 batches.

15 new CO staff are starting in Tipperary on the 17th February just to give an idea of numbers hired for one area.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EamonS84

shmeee wrote: »
    Expression of interest was only offered for those in selected areas who has reached a set qualifying standard in that area. And these positions were for revenue only. If you didn't express an interest you just stayed on the campaign as normal awaiting other offers.

Areas listed were:
    Galway
    Westmeath
    Limerick
    Tipperary
    Kilkenny
    Mayo

All positions above are starting in February apart from Limerick which is March and is spilt into 2 batches.

15 new CO staff are starting in Tipperary on the 17th February just to give an idea of numbers hired for one area.

Could or would you be able to tell me if someone who's on the mobility list be considered for these positions in Limerick or Tipperary. (I'm on mobility for both)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

EamonS84 wrote: »
    Could or would you be able to tell me if someone who's on the mobility list be considered for these positions in Limerick or Tipperary. (I'm on mobility for both)

Straight up answer, I don't actually know.

Anyone else I know who got offered to express interest in them positions were / still are on the CO 2018 Panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 EamonS84

shmeee wrote: »
    Straight up answer, I don't actually know.

Anyone else I know who got offered to express interest in them positions were / still are on the CO 2018 Panel.

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

The list for transfer is approx 4years

Wow I didn’t realise it was that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Icbaby wrote: »
    Wow I didn’t realise it was that long.

Not all locations are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Have an interview for Donegal panel next Friday. Does anyone know where jobs are likely to be or even if there are any?

Have an interview for Donegal panel next Friday. Does anyone know where jobs are likely to be or even if there are any?

Nearly all the jobs so far have been for DSP in Buncrana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

When did you get word for interview Mickey?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

Cavan area - Batch 2 - had interview this week. Wondering if anyone else called for this area or would anyone have any idea what Dept's are recruiting in this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

When did you get word for interview Mickey?

Monday past. I was originally in batch 3 but had to reschedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Murph29

Hi all,

Would anyone know when the CO 2018 panel ends? I'm assuming they'll open a new CO campaign for 2020 in the coming months. Thanks.

Has anyone in Batch 4 for Donegal received a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ellenco

I’m batch 3 for Sligo and have been called for interview next week. Does anyone know if many from batch 2 have received job offers

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Murph29 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Would anyone know when the CO 2018 panel ends? I'm assuming they'll open a new CO campaign for 2020 in the coming months. Thanks.

The last two I think opened June 2016 and June 2018 so I'd say by the summer there should be a new campaign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Any update on Waterford or Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Has anyone in Batch 4 for Donegal received a start date?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭doc22

what numbers are batch 4 from the original ranking in Donegal, just wondering how far down they are getting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

doc22 wrote: »
    what numbers are batch 4 from the original ranking in Donegal, just wondering how far down they are getting

I was 139 and in batch 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Hi all. I made the panel for Clerical Officer in Fingal County Council. If I'm offered a placement in Swords, can I turn it down to wait for a placement in Blanchardstown, or would I be removed from the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SolidAir010

suppet wrote: »
    Any update on Waterford or Kilkenny?

I rang two weeks ago and they were still on batch 5.2 for Waterford , hasn’t moved since Christmas.
    I’m in batch 6 still waiting for interview , hopefully something happens before it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Anyone have revenue hr phone number

rawn wrote: »
    Hi all. I made the panel for Clerical Officer in Fingal County Council. If I'm offered a placement in Swords, can I turn it down to wait for a placement in Blanchardstown, or would I be removed from the list?

The local authority's have separate rules to PAS but the PAS rule is you can defer if the offered location is over 45km from your home address

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Does anyone still have the booklet/conditions for this, please? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Was offered AGS in Galway on October 31st and got my start date today of the 17th of February.

Just for anyone else waiting for clearence .. hopefully it means they're moving through them a bit faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

Has anyone any recent updates for the Wexford panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Start date got AGS in Templemore 17th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

Start date got AGS in Templemore 17th Feb

Congrats

Advertisement