Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

lego.andi wrote: »
    Congrats

Thanks, very nervous but delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thanks, very nervous but delighted

In the College?

Know a few over there, and enjoying it. Great place to work!

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Has anyone in Batch 4 for Donegal received a start date?

I got my date yesterday! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickyfitzy2

Ruby75 wrote: »
    I got my date yesterday! Delighted

Good to see some movement RE starts. When did you do interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby75

Good to see some movement RE starts. When did you do interview?

I did the interview in September.. long process but seems to be a bit of a push in Donegal now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

22 CO's to be placed in DSP in Buncrana

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

I rang two weeks ago and they were still on batch 5.2 for Waterford , hasn’t moved since Christmas.
    I’m in batch 6 still waiting for interview , hopefully something happens before it expires

I'm in the same batch for Waterford, is it worth ringing to get info?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EamonS84

I was wondering if anyone has been called for revenue in Nenagh?

EamonS84 wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has been called for revenue in Nenagh?

15 CO's are starting on the 17th February in Nenagh.

The majority have since got interviewed and completed required references checks and vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SolidAir010

suppet wrote: »
    I'm in the same batch for Waterford, is it worth ringing to get info?

Yeah definitely, they always give a straight answer and only takes two mins

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    In the College?

Know a few over there, and enjoying it. Great place to work!

Congrats.

Yes it's in college. What kind of work is there do you k ow.

Yes it's in college. What kind of work is there do you k ow.

Could be doing multiple things, from general clerical work to working on payroll / overtime for the guards. A broad area of various work.

And a nice canteen to help also!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Hi everyone. I got offer a Garda station position. Absolutely delighted to have finally reached my number. PAS told me that it would a minimum 3 month wait for clearance. What are they checking for is it just a criminal record. I live in the uk for years and had lots of addresses. Also if anyone is working in the Garda station, is it nice. Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Bredamb wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I got offer a Garda station position. Absolutely delighted to have finally reached my number. PAS told me that it would a minimum 3 month wait for clearance. What are they checking for is it just a criminal record. I live in the uk for years and had lots of addresses. Also if anyone is working in the Garda station, is it nice. Thanks everyone.

They do a basic check in strand 1 and 2 and then an in depth check in strand 3 which is only done for work in the guards and a few other sensitive areas. You also sign the official secrets act. Garda stations can be hit and miss with most being great places to work but there is an element of scepticism around civilians by some members but anyone I know likes where they are.

The work is generally quite dull, but it's an interesting subject matter and what you do does feel like it matters albeit indirectly. Typing up a statement isnt glamorous titbit does free up absurd to be doing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

They do a basic check in strand 1 and 2 and then an in depth check in strand 3 which is only done for work in the guards and a few other sensitive areas. You also sign the official secrets act. Garda stations can be hit and miss with most being great places to work but there is an element of scepticism around civilians by some members but anyone I know likes where they are.

The work is generally quite dull, but it's an interesting subject matter and what you do does feel like it matters albeit indirectly. Typing up a statement isnt glamorous titbit does free up absurd to be doing something else.

Did you think there was a them and us attitude? Between the civilians and the members I got that impression when I worked for them.

Did you think there was a them and us attitude? Between the civilians and the members I got that impression when I worked for them.

Some members, certainly. Others, the majority I'd say - especially more senior members are lovely to deal with.

Worked as TCO in a Garda Station for 18 months and found all the Gardai very friendly and accommodating, obviously there are exceptions but I wouldnt worry about it too much. Best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

I am currently a TCO at AGS and I love it. I find the Guards that I work with are friendly and very encouraging. I wish I could become permanent there

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

I am currently a TCO at AGS and I love it. I find the Guards that I work with are friendly and very encouraging. I wish I could become permanent there

What was the induction process like when you first started? I'm starting next Monday and wondering what the first few days will be like?

Ewahstank wrote: »
    What was the induction process like when you first started? I'm starting next Monday and wondering what the first few days will be like?

It's generally learn as you go. Took me a year to get a proper induction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fimac1981

any update on sligo or leitrim. Anyone actually placed in co leitrim off this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SUMMERBAY

Any movement with the Cork Panel?

Does anyone know if you work a week in hand or as it's salaried are you paid at the end of week 1

Does anyone know if you work a week in hand or as it's salaried are you paid at the end of week 1

No generally your start date will be a Monday and you'll be paid that Friday, as long as you are on the ball and provide whatever details the payroll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

Some members, certainly. Others, the majority I'd say - especially more senior members are lovely to deal with.

I worked in the HR side. We had members come in from time to time for training or meetings. When senior staff would talk about them in meetings there was that attitude. But maybe its different when working in stations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Star333

Hi All,
    Has anyone completed garda vetting recently, how long did it take.

Different departments have different terms, so have a look at your contract, it's all in that.

DEASP for example pay the first week (Friday) of work, but the Revenue payroll is 2 weeks later (so Friday 2 weeks) and then weekly after that.

Star333 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Has anyone completed garda vetting recently, how long did it take.

Very quick (48-72 hours) unless it's for AGS position and you need higher clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Star333

Thank you Shmeee, its for the Courts service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Star333 wrote: »
    Thank you Shmeee, its for the Courts service.

I got placed in courts last year and it was done within a day so you should be pretty quick!

Advertisement