Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Ewahstank wrote: »
    What department did you get in Galway .. I got a call on the 31st for AGS in Galway city and got Garda Vetting form on same day but no more information.

Shared Services Office so happy with that. Was hoping for AGS or Revenue, hadn’t actually heard about SSO but it sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

Shared Services Office so happy with that. Was hoping for AGS or Revenue, hadn’t actually heard about SSO but it sounds good.

Oh I've never heard of that either. I'm just hoping the vetting isn't too long even though I'm prepared for it to be. Hopefully yours is only basic and will fly through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fimac1981

EMc2345 wrote: »
    Batch 2 number 23. But still have interview yet so that could change. What about you. It seems very slow

Strange, I’m batch 2, number 11 for leitrim but haven’t been called to interview for leitrim?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Has anyone been called for interview in Co. Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Twe2018

Hi there has any one any update on limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Carlowchick91

Any updates on Carlow or Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Twe2018 wrote: »
    Hi there has any one any update on limerick

They were still on oom 28 batch 5.1 last week . Been on that for a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SiobhanR086

What does OOM stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ewahstank

What does OOM stand for?

OOM is Order of Merit

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Hi does anyone know if there is staff parking at the NSSO in clonskeagh Dublin 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Joe222 wrote: »
    Does anyone know has a 2nd batch been called for Mayo yet. They have reached 22 on the first batch out of 30 on it. You would think the next batch would have been brought to stages 2 and 3?

Thank you

Anyone with info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mo-chara1

Hi folks,
    I have been offered a post with the Dept of Defence in Kildare and have a couple of questions maybe somebody could help with.
    What realistically are the prospects for promotion to EO say within a year or two, do opportunities come up to apply often?
    The info at the start of this campaign mentions a 43 hour week, is this correct?
    Taking the post would mean a sizeable pay drop, I am in my early forties and want to leave my current area of employment which i have been doing for a good number of years, to a role which is less physically demanding and hopefully be able to claw back the salary drop with promotion.Has anyone else took the same leap and how did fare out thus far?
    Any info or opinion would be great,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Any update on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

hello there I am in kildare too do you mind me asking what batchy and oom you were i am waiting on an offer
    after 2 years you can apply to be an eo

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Any updates on Donegal recently?

An update for Co.Waterford...they have just finished interviewing batch 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

update for co. Tipperary (interview stage)

I emailed PAS

"
    Currently the Public Appointment Service has interviewed all of Batch 4 for Tipperary in the CO2018 competition. We have not yet started on Batch 5.

Information on the next batch of call ups is not available at this moment. Candidates will receive a message on their publicjobs messageboard when they are called up to the next stage"

I am batch 4 so I emailed back about it.

"I made an error with the batch numbers there for Tipperary. We have finished interviewing batch 3 and have not started batch 4.

I apologise for any confusion caused"

Oh I hope they were correct for Waterford so!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ek1313

Hi anyone got a call for Clare today?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Limerick update. Just offered social welfare post. Oom 29 batch 5.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

Congratulations and Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

Congratulations!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Star333

Hi

Rang Tuesday re Kildare still at number 7 in batch 4.1. Unless it has changed since.

Sorry 1.4 number 7

1.4 no7 has been offered defense so onto batch 2 ?

Hi Carlow30 i think theres one more in 1.4. Could be wrong. But thats great, its moving.

ye slowly but surely theres 3 of us on here in 2.2 u in 2.1

Yes 2.1 and not far to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

mo-chara1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I have been offered a post with the Dept of Defence in Kildare and have a couple of questions maybe somebody could help with.
    What realistically are the prospects for promotion to EO say within a year or two, do opportunities come up to apply often?

Civil Service promotions happen in three ways; Open, Interdepartmental, Internal. An Open competition can be entered by anyone and they usually happen every two years. The last one for Dublin was 2018 and regionally was 2019. Interdepartmental (where you can get placed anywhere in the Civil Service) and Internal (where you would remain in your department) can't be applied for until you're in two years.

The short answer to your question is it's very possible to get promoted in a few months but it all depends on when the Open competitions fall. Longer term it'll depend on when the InterD and Internal competitions fall.

The info at the start of this campaign mentions a 43 hour week, is this correct?

That's inclusive of breaks. The standard Civil Service working day is 7 hours and 24 minutes. If you're on flexi-time your days can be considerably shorter than people who have to take the long breaks but it's not available to everyone.

Taking the post would mean a sizeable pay drop, I am in my early forties and want to leave my current area of employment which i have been doing for a good number of years, to a role which is less physically demanding and hopefully be able to claw back the salary drop with promotion.Has anyone else took the same leap and how did fare out thus far?
    Any info or opinion would be great,thanks

The work/life balance in the Civil Service - especially where flexi-time is available, is probably the best out there. I have just enough work to stretch me and develop me but not so much that I'm stressing about anything. The only issue as a CO and even an EO tbh is the work can be quite repetitive and boring. As for money bear in mind you're on a scale and will skip points 4 and 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Civil Service promotions happen in three ways; Open, Interdepartmental, Internal. An Open competition can be entered by anyone and they usually happen every two years. The last one for Dublin was 2018 and regionally was 2019. Interdepartmental (where you can get placed anywhere in the Civil Service) and Internal (where you would remain in your department) can't be applied for until you're in two years.

The short answer to your question is it's very possible to get promoted in a few months but it all depends on when the Open competitions fall. Longer term it'll depend on when the InterD and Internal competitions fall.

That's inclusive of breaks. The standard Civil Service working day is 7 hours and 24 minutes. If you're on flexi-time your days can be considerably shorter than people who have to take the long breaks but it's not available to everyone.

The work/life balance in the Civil Service - especially where flexi-time is available, is probably the best out there. I have just enough work to stretch me and develop me but not so much that I'm stressing about anything. The only issue as a CO and even an EO tbh is the work can be quite repetitive and boring. As for money bear in mind you're on a scale and will skip points 4 and 8.

Can I ask why you skip points 4 and 8 and is thst for all COs?

Advertisement