Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

Limerick seems to have slowed down... 😔
    Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

hi guys just wondering if anyone has received a post for klidare-where was it and when did u get it-there are 2 of us on here from klidare curious

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Paris123

I completed the regular garda vetting and the ags vetting at the end of August and got sent another ags vetting last week so inputted the same information, is this part of the three-tier process for ags civilian's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 B1995

Hi all, I was offered AGS in templemore at the beginning of August, I’m still waiting on my vetting but do I send in my work reference or will public jobs request this from my employer directly?

Thanks in advance ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

B1995 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was offered AGS in templemore at the beginning of August, I’m still waiting on my vetting but do I send in my work reference or will public jobs request this from my employer directly?

Thanks in advance ☺️

They will ring you and ask you to send them your references contact details, mobile numbers preferably when your vetting is passed. They ask the reference about 10-15 general questions then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Catwoman30 wrote: »
    Limerick seems to have slowed down... 😔
    Any updates?

No update but reading earlier posts, oom15 is starting revenue training on nov 4. Oom 16 could not start on October but was not offered Nov 4 revenue spot and was told 4 others also could not start in October. So its possible some in say oom 17-20 may have started. Therefore I'd guess that they must be back around 12-13 oom but with a few oom positions after that already used up.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

Limerick seems to have slowed down... ��
    Any updates?

If you ring they'll tell you exactly where they are or how many are in front of you. 01 8587641. They are very nice to deal with.

Shador74 wrote: »
    If you ring they'll tell you exactly where they are or how many are in front of you. 01 8587641. They are very nice to deal with.

I rang today and they said they were up to OOM 15

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

I rang today and they said they were up to OOM 15

No movement on it since last Wednesday or Thursday so.

hi all theyre on batch 1.4 for kildare theres 4 left in it, then 5 in batch 2.1 and then onto 2.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

What happens after your number is reached for positions not in AGS? Do you have to wait until vetting is completed before handing in notice? Trying to figure out the process!

all placements for kildare so far i dept of agri in celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

Does anyone know how many they have called altogether from the leitrim sligo panels

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

What happens after your number is reached for positions not in AGS? Do you have to wait until vetting is completed before handing in notice? Trying to figure out the process!

The PAS recommend waiting till vvetting and references are checked but I'm vetted in my current job and I emailed a referemce that i got from work a couple of months ago so they said I was ok to give my notice as I've to give a month and otherwise wouldn't have had enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Paris123 wrote: »
    I completed the regular garda vetting and the ags vetting at the end of August and got sent another ags vetting last week so inputted the same information, is this part of the three-tier process for ags civilian's?

I got it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

B1995 wrote: »

Thanks in advance ☺️
    I have been offered AGS templemore too

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I got it too

There's 3 strands of vetting for the Gardaí

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sgarvey

Does anybody know how long it takes to hear back from supervised exams??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

sgarvey wrote: »

It seems to vary - for me it was about 3 weeks (Sept. '18), but it has quickened up a lot this year.

Sligo198r wrote: »
    It seems to vary - for me it was about 3 weeks (Sept. '18), but it has quickened up a lot this year.

I did supervised exams on 18th July 2019...had my results on 29th July.... And have since done the interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

I did supervised exams on 18th July 2019...had my results on 29th July.... And have since done the interview

Yes, that definitely shows that the test results were issued much quicker this year than last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mcevoy29

sgarvey wrote: »

It’s really fast now. Took me 2 weeks for stage two results. Called for interview and got interview results in 3 days

Update on Limerick. The next number to be called will be 20 in batch 5.1

Update on Limerick. The next number to be called will be 20 in batch 5.1

Thx for that, touch and go if they'll reach high 20's before Xmas by the looks of it.

Thx for that, touch and go if they'll reach high 20's before Xmas by the looks of it.

How many are in a batch? They took on 7 last week

How many are in a batch? They took on 7 last week

I think it can vary. Someone mentioned they were in the 50's oom.

My supervised test had around 15 people in it, if I noted the test times and dates to make the bookings, that would give an approximation

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

I got the call yesterday for Clerical Officer in Dept of Social Protection Limerick. Anyone know what it's like?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

Martaw wrote: »
    I got the call yesterday for Clerical Officer in Dept of Social Protection Limerick. Anyone know what it's like?

Sorry I don't know anything about Dept of social protection but do you mind me asking what was your OOM? I was told on Thursday that there was 27 people ahead of me and got an email on Friday saying there was only 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Martaw

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    Sorry I don't know anything about Dept of social protection but do you mind me asking what was your OOM? I was told on Thursday that there was 27 people ahead of me and got an email on Friday saying there was only 6.

My OOM was 3 I think, but I couldn't take up the last position offered to me due to a holiday booked.

• Advertisement

Martaw wrote: »

I know someone who works there, she says the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Advertisement