Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

Shador74 wrote: »
    Jeez that was fast. Only a handful to ne called before me now so. 😮😮

I see you got offered a position. Did you get an email letting you know of a new message on the pas website or did they just call you out of the blue. You were around 15 in Batch 5.1 is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Any movement on Clare or Galway panel???

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Shador74

I see you got offered a position. Did you get an email letting you know of a new message on the pas website or did they just call you out of the blue. You were around 15 in Batch 5.1 is that right?

Hi no email. They rang direct today I think all offers are made over the phone. Revenue will be in touch in next day or so to finalise deyails. Yep I was :). Re you in or around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizjoan

Hi no email. They rang direct today I think all offers are made over the phone. Revenue will be in touch in next day or so to finalise deyails. Yep I was :). Re you in or around there?

Congrats. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Happyhammelknb

I'm 29 oom. Also hoping for revenue. We'll see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 QuinnK80

Hi, does anyone know is the salary negotiable when entering?
    I have stage 2 tomorrow but have a really good job with regards benefits so unsure whether to go or not.
    Has anyone heard what area the jobs are based in Limerick?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

QuinnK80 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know is the salary negotiable when entering?
    I have stage 2 tomorrow but have a really good job with regards benefits so unsure whether to go or not.
    Has anyone heard what area the jobs are based in Limerick?
    Thanks

No, until your in the public/civil service already you will start on point 1.

I'm 29 oom. Also hoping for revenue. We'll see

A frend of mine is in early 20's Im sure she'll post on here when she gets the call. If not I'll let you know. Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Any movement on Clare or Galway panel???

I email PAS. I told them I was 25 in Clare and they email back that there was 7 before me. Not sure if that is correct as I see in here they give conflicting information. I know you are ahead of me so it might be worth contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MedPsych

Number 16 in Batch 5.1 was just offered as well (a friend I am following the thread for). She had to turn it down - seems they want people asap for revenue, she wouldnt have had time to work her notice period. Letting her keep her number though because of the fact there isnt time for her to give notice. Still very upsetting to have to turn it down over that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Sugarpop18

MedPsych wrote: »
    Number 16 in Batch 5.1 was just offered as well (a friend I am following the thread for). She had to turn it down - seems they want people asap for revenue, she wouldnt have had time to work her notice period. Letting her keep her number though because of the fact there isnt time for her to give notice. Still very upsetting to have to turn it down over that. :(
    Do you mind me asking how much notice she had to give to her current employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Bredamb wrote: »
    I email PAS. I told them I was 25 in Clare and they email back that there was 7 before me. Not sure if that is correct as I see in here they give conflicting information. I know you are ahead of me so it might be worth contacting them.

Thanks for the heads up. I will email them and will let you know.

Sugarpop18 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much notice she had to give to her current employer?

She has to give a months notice. They wanted her to start within the next 3 weeks.

MedPsych wrote: »
    She has to give a months notice. They wanted her to start within the next 3 weeks.

They asked me to start 14th October too and I told them I needed to give more notice so they said that I could start on November 4th as there are 2 training groups being set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Catwoman30

They asked me to start 14th October too and I told them I needed to give more notice so they said that I could start on November 4th as there are 2 training groups being set up.

This must be the fastest moving panel..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EMc2345

Does anybody know if they are working on batch 4 donegal or leitrim yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

EMc2345 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they are working on batch 4 donegal or leitrim yet?

They haven't started batch 4 Donegal yet

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Anybody know where they are with interviews for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

I still haven’t been called to stage 2 for Wexford. Would it be foolish to think anything will come of it at this stage or is it dead in the water for me???? congratulations & best of luck to anyone who got offered a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Is this batch 2.1? I’m 35 in that but realistically won’t be able to accept Clare.
    Think I was in the late 200s in Galway but still haven’t heard of any new position now that I’ve completed the stages 2 & 3.
    Would love to get a rough idea but as far as I know, they won’t give you an answer when your number has not yet been reached.

• Advertisement

Is this batch 2.1? I’m 35 in that but realistically won’t be able to accept Clare.
    Think I was in the late 200s in Galway but still haven’t heard of any new position now that I’ve completed the stages 2 & 3.
    Would love to get a rough idea but as far as I know, they won’t give you an answer when your number has not yet been reached.
    Yeah, I'min batch 2.1 . I didn't get a new number, they just said that There are currently 7 candidates in front ofme and that it was not possible to give a time frame for when I would be reached be reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizjoan

Stage 3 Interviews.
    Does anyone know when stage 3 Interviews are likely to be held following stage 2 assessment tests last week.

elizjoan wrote: »
    Stage 3 Interviews.
    Does anyone know when stage 3 Interviews are likely to be held following stage 2 assessment tests last week.
    I think all interviews are held in Dublin, I could be wrong though.

I think all interviews are held in Dublin, I could be wrong though.

I had 7 weeks between stage 2 and 3

That is interesting! She wasn't given that option - maybe that training group was full! She was told she had to start one of three dates in October and she had to decide right then on the phone - no chance to discuss the possibility of a reduced notice period with her employer. However, she along with 4 others were not able to start in the October period so they would remain on the panel and would be called in order when less time sensitive positions arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sgarvey

Anyone hear from longford campaign?? I did supervised exams last week also.. found the numerical quiet difficult tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

hey there im oom 7 for kildare batch 2.2-does this mean there are only 6 ahead of me for kildare or 6 in my batch do you know-where are you placed

anyone waiting on kildare on here

carlow30 wrote: »
    anyone waiting on kildare on here

Phone PAS on 01-8587400 and they will tell you what batch they are working on... Good luck

• Advertisement

much obliged

Advertisement