Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    A dwarf with tears in his eyes opens the door.

"Aye? Wha...."

He stares shocked at Varkrash.

"A dragon!!! Lad I hope yer here for the murder job!"

Vrakrash eyes the dwarf oddly.

'Yes? What happened?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

"The spirit of a long dead warrior could be difficult. Any limes in the song about an ultimate goal that might have been left incomplete?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash eyes the dwarf oddly.

'Yes? What happened?'
    "My cousin was murdered..."

He repeats the tale to Varkrash.

"...and now my own brother has gone off into the dwelling with a human warrior clade in religious armour. Consider please, any treasure ye find is yours, the more powerful warriors with my brother the better."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric manages to make his way down to the large middle class town that the walkway leads to.

The town itself is built on a precipice overlooking a much larger city whose towers are made from strong metals.

As far as dwarven towns go it looks standard, ale, barbers, baker and all you expect from the commoner life. Much like any village on the surface, save with farming swapped for mining.

Sarric enters the first tavern he finds.

Evade wrote: »
    "The spirit of a long dead warrior could be difficult. Any limes in the song about an ultimate goal that might have been left incomplete?"
    "Well he bombed several elven cities...I suppose the song ends hinting that he went a bit bomb mad, but ye don't think of it that way as a kid" he says, muttering the last bit to himself.

• Advertisement

"Well, I can't allow him to bomb more Elven cities. Lets head deeper in." Iuric heads down the other path.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"My cousin was murdered..."

He repeats the tale to Varkrash.

"...and now my own brother has gone off into the dwelling with a human warrior clade in religious armour. Consider please, any treasure ye find is yours, the more powerful warriors with my brother the better."

Vrakrash nods and enters the building, look for trace of the trail of the other warriors.

Varkrash catches up with the other two as they approach another fork, one heading East leading to large wall fungal growth and another heading North past another statue.

Iuric looks at Vrakrash "Curiosity got the better of you eh? Any preference for statues or fungus?"

Iuric looks at Vrakrash "Curiosity got the better of you eh? Any preference for statues or fungus?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'As long as they aren't nude statues then I have no preference. If they are nude, we're better to try the fungus. I've had enough of nude dwarves for a while.'

• Advertisement

Iuric looks at the dragonborn quizzically "They look clothed. The statues might have clues about the spirit occupying this place"

Iuric looks at the dragonborn quizzically "They look clothed. The statues might have clues about the spirit occupying this place"

'The statues then. And don't ask about my issue with naked bloody dwarves... It's a long story!'

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric enters the first tavern he finds.
    As Sarric enters the tavern every dwarf in the place looks straight at him and all music and talking ceases.

One old dwarf looks up spilling his ale.

"Are you a, a, a high Elf?"

Iuric heads down the path that has the statue and stops to look at it "Thorgulin again?" he asks the Dwarf.

'The statues then. And don't ask about my issue with naked bloody dwarves... It's a long story!'
    Iuric heads down the path that has the statue and stops to look at it "Thorgulin again?" he asks the Dwarf.

The statue depicts a dwarf in strange clothing, a long hanging coat over more human looking clothes, lacking the leather armour appearance of most dwarven clothing.

Hurguil leans in to read the plaque.

"Goldinz! He poisoned elven cities...bit of a pattern here and not one I like"

Vrakrash examines the statue up close, looking for anything else of note around it.

"Perhaps it's for the best your Elf friend isn't here" Iuric says to Vrakrash. "Any more genocidal Dwarf children's stories likely to come up?" Iuric asks the Dwarf.

"Perhaps it's for the best your Elf friend isn't here" Iuric says to Vrakrash. "Any more genocidal Dwarf children's stories likely to come up?" Iuric asks the Dwarf.
    "Hmmm, I can think of a few...most from that period aren't great now that I reflect on them with a man's mind"

Vrakrash examines the statue up close, looking for anything else of note around it.
    Nothing of note save for the fact that the carving looks almost lifelike in its realism.

Vrakrash taps the statue with his axe.

'Yes, Sarric would most likely have Karinth destroy not just this statue, but the entire complex.

Half a mind to chop this poisoner's head off meself.

Poison.. coward's choice that.'

• Advertisement

Poison.. coward's choice that.'
    "Indeed, evil in its indiscrimination. Further in?" Iuric gestures down the tunnel.

Vrakrash nods.

'Aye. One moment.'

He draws the jewel encrusted axe he claimed from the dwarven commander and swings it at the statue, aiming to lop off its head.

Vrakrash nods.

'Aye. One moment.'

He draws the jewel encrusted axe he claimed from the dwarven commander and swings it at the statue, aiming to lop off its head.
    OOC: Dex save

OOC: Rolled a 6 :/

The statue shatters releasing small puff of toxic gas in a burst. Luckily it seems to have little affect on Varkrash, who simply coughs a bit.

OOC: 1HP damage

Vrakrash hocks up a lewgie and spits on the remains of the statue.

'Well, that's that. Shall we continue?'

"Lets. Any ill feeling after that green cloud?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

As Sarric enters the tavern every dwarf in the place looks straight at him and all music and talking ceases.

One old dwarf looks up spilling his ale.

"Are you a, a, a high Elf?"

Sarric examines the dwarf and replies in an apologetic tone,

"I am, Sarric, high elf, I hope my race does not displease to you or is it that my kind have caused great offence in this neighbourhood?"

"Lets. Any ill feeling after that green cloud?"

'Minor irritation. Probably a little stomach pain. I'll live.'

Vrakrash presses on.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric examines the dwarf and replies in an apologetic tone,

"I am, Sarric, high elf, I hope my race does not displease to you or is it that my kind have caused great offence in this neighbourhood?"
    "No it's just I never seen one of ye up close...would ye like an ale? Do ye drink ale? Yer awful tall if ye don't mind me saying and handsome to boot."

Advertisement