Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    "Do not tempt me, imagine if one was starving and then a feast is laid before you...I fear the energies would be addictive, but yes I detect a colossal amount"

"If there is a collusal amount, sure it probably wont miss the little you would need to quell your hunger."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash smirks and follows Karinth.
    The dwarven commander greets them as they reach the top floor surrounded by eighty or more dwarves.

"You fuking psychos! Those men did nothing to you.....

If I let this continue we will bring down some of your number, but you will kill many of us.

For that reason, I say leave now, spare us both this bloodshed."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks at the commander.

'Why do you not want us here? What is it that is compelling you to keep us out? We haven't come to rob your mines, but for adventure. I did not want this but you wouldn't listen to reason.'

Vrakrash looks at the commander.

'Why do you not want us here? What is it that is compelling you to keep us out? We haven't come to rob your mines, but for adventure. I did not want this but you wouldn't listen to reason.'
    "Reason? I don't need to listen to reason, our city, our rules, take your golden arse and fuk off back out into the snow."

He raises his arm and twenty crossbows lock on Varkrash.

Karinth tightens his grip on his red sword, eyeing the crowd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash shakes his head.

'No, there has to be a reason. Let's not forget you fired on us first. You brought about this bloodshed. I told you what my genie could do and you laughed at me.'

He points at Karinth.

'Want to see what he can do? You won't like it.'

• Advertisement

Karinth leans into Varkrash and whispers.

"Get Mule up here, he wishes to die for us, with his life energy....these dwarves would last no time"

The commander shouts at Varkrash.

"I brought it about!!! Are you serious, it's our fuking city, we say you don't come in, you don't come in. You go away when we say so."

"Get Mule up here, he wishes to die for us, with his life energy....these dwarves would last no time"

"I brought it about!!! Are you serious, it's our fuking city, we say you don't come in, you don't come in. You go away when we say so."

Vrakrash whispers back to Karinth.

'How fast can you go back and get him and return?'

He turns back to the dwarf.

'That worked out well for you so far, didn't it? Look, there is no further need for violence. Enough of your kin's blood has been spilled needlessly. Let us enter the city, and this pointless standoff need not cost any further loss of life.

And yeah - you refused us, after us travelling a long distance to see the wonders of this place I have heard from afar. Leaving us with a little bit of food and some clothes that won't even fit me to die in this storm.

So, yeah - I'm gonna need more than - this is our city.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Is that what happened ?
    Cos I don’t believe that’s what happened.

Tigger wrote: »
    Is that what happened ?
    Cos I don’t believe that’s what happened.
    The dwarven commander turns to Rhiggy.

"Oh and who is this, the dragon's personal advocate? What happened then?"

Karinth slowly edges toward the twoer's side and leaps off the edge.

"At least someone has sense" the commander raises his voice saying this, getting a cheer from his men.

Sarric finishes his meal and packs away any leftovers.
    He says to redzer, "Seems to have quitened down in there, are you coming in to see if they have resolved the situation?"

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric finishes his meal and packs away any leftovers.
    He says to redzer, "Seems to have quitened down in there, are you coming in to see if they have resolved the situation?"
    "Well...the moon it....yes let us go and see..."

At that moment Karinth runs up.

"Sarric where is Mule, that moron might be our way out of this situation"

Karinth looks around and sees Mule, a quarter mile off in the snow, staring at the fire moon.

Vrakrash laughs.

'Not to speak for my friend here, but I believe he's referring to your 'say so' about your city.

Wasn't exactly a bang up job of keeping us out now was it?'

"Well...the moon it....yes let us go and see..."

At that moment Karinth runs up.

"Sarric where is Mule, that moron might be our way out of this situation"

Karinth looks around and sees Mule, a quarter mile off in the snow, staring at the fire moon.

"I'll go get him, be right back"
    Sarric sprints of to get mule as fast as his legs will carry him.
    When/if he reaches him, he'll say. "We need your help to resolve a situation, hurry over to the gates with me."

Vrakrash laughs.

'Not to speak for my friend here, but I believe he's referring to your 'say so' about your city.

Wasn't exactly a bang up job of keeping us out now was it?'
    "Wow seriously, you have some colossal nerve. Do you not see the situation yer in ye stupid arse? Eighty men at my call, twenty bolts trained on yer head and still the lip...give me one more excuse"

"I'll go get him, be right back"
    Sarric sprints of to get mule as fast as his legs will carry him.
    When/if he reaches him, he'll say. "We need your help to resolve a situation, hurry over to the gate with me."
    "It's so beautiful...a second sun, young and vibrant. Even more beautiful than the one I saw when I came to your world..."

He cries.

"All those years I worshiped Mi, I never thought...it was all worth it...
    Sorry, what do you need me for?"

"The dwarf guards were discussing the merits of letting us into their city and Karinth beleives you may be able to tip the balance in the negotiations, being a palace Guard and being able to think from their perspective."

"Wow seriously, you have some colossal nerve. Do you not see the situation yer in ye stupid arse? Eighty men at my call, twenty bolts trained on yer head and still the lip...give me one more excuse"

'You're a bad commander, sending many of your men to slaughter like this.'

He turns to the dwarves.

'I spared some of you before, I have attempted to avoid this fight at every avenue.'

He points at the commander.

'Yet - HE - is determined that many of you will die. Yes, you might end up killing us, but who will get the credit? Not you. Not the men he sent to pointless slaughter.

Put down your weapons, allow me to fight this lickspittle - dragon to dwarf.

We will see how brave he is then.'

Vrakrash draws his weapons.

"The dwarf guards were discussing the merits of letting us into their city and Karinth beleives you may be able to tip the balance in the negotiations, being a palace Guard and being able to think from their perspective."
    "Of course that makes sense, I'll help right away"

He runs up to Karinth, who looks over his shoulder and smiles at Sarric.

"Mule, I have a very special task for you."

Karinth begins leading Mule up to the tower.

Put down your weapons, allow me to fight this lickspittle - dragon to dwarf.

We will see how brave he is then.'

Vrakrash draws his weapons.
    "One on one combat? This isn't the entertainment night down at the 'Dragon's hole' or whatever passes for an alehouse in your homeland. We are a regimented unit.

This can all end peacefully. You take our provisions, say 'Thank you lovely dwarves who have no reason to help us in particular, but did anyway' and then fuk off into snowland and plough each other as hard as ye wish, I promise not to judge"

Some of his men laugh, though a few seem hesitant.

"One on one combat? This isn't the entertainment night down at the 'Dragon's hole' or whatever passes for an alehouse in your homeland. We are a regimented unit.

This can all end peacefully. You take our provisions, say 'Thank you lovely dwarves who have no reason to help us in particular, but did anyway' and then fuk off into snowland and plough each other as hard as ye wish, I promise not to judge"

Some of his men laugh, though a few seem hesitant.

'As I thought. You sir, are no commander. You are a craven bastard, hiding behind your skilled warriors.'

He again addresses the dwarves.

'This fraud would rather see you all die than get his hands dirty. He is nothing more than a (spits at the commanders feet) filthy slaver.

So I ask again - this can be resolved by one to one combat.

You can go home to your wives and children, be safe and warm in your beds.

Stand down, and let this coward fight his own battle.'

• Advertisement

"Commander...surely you can beat this dragon?" one of the men asks.

"Kolzhim, of course I could...I...alright fine, but if ye lose dragon, the elves hang, agreed?"

"Commander...surely you can beat this dragon?" one of the men asks.

"Kolzhim, of course I could...I...alright fine, but if ye lose dragon, the elves hang, agreed?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'That is up to them.

Come, face me. Let us see if you are fit to command your regiment.'

Sarric returns to redzer, okay, "shall we investigate whats going on," he proceeds slowly thru the tunnel towards the gates.

Karinth then enters the upper tower with Mule.

"Alright dragon, let's fight" the commander says.

"Gholginz, my axe"

Another dwarf opens a metal plated case with three gemstones embedded in it and lifts out an axe that glitters brightly in the fire moons light.

The dwarf removes his armour and upper garments, revealing a chest covered in red runes that begin to glow.

"Arrrrrgggghhhh, fer Dhurn Dharal"

OOC: Init

The dwarf commander gestures at Varkrash whose scimitar suddenly blazes white hot in his hands. Many of the dwarves wince in pain, but look more worried when they see the commander's face. For Varkrash has not only held onto the weapon, but has suffered only minor burns to his hands.

"The dragonblood..." is all the stunned commander can say before Varkrash advances in a quick burst, slicing across his abdomen.

He stumbles back as Varkrash rushes him...only one chance now.

Varkrash leaps into the air, both weapons raised high. The dwarf raises both hands into the air, engulfing Varkrash in a ball of flame at the apex of his jump.

Surely he...but no

Almost in slow motion he sees Varkrash plunge out of the ball, his jump undisturbed by the flame, minor burns to his legs and chest. As the smouldering dragon descends on him, he thinks back to his grandmothers tales of dragons.

"Never anger them boy"

"Ye were right grandma" he thinks, the last thing he hears is Varkrash saying....

'Your tyranny over this place is at an end! Die!'

The axe crushes the chest, killing him instantly, before the scimitar bisects the head.

The body keels over with an inglorious thump.

Varkrash sees Sarric enter.

"Right, now for the rest of them, Sarric, stab Mule for me when I give the signal"

Vrakrash picks up the commander's axe and thumps it on the ground.

He looks to the dwarves.

'Stand down or die. Those are your choices.'

Sarric looks at the scene, "Dwarves, do one of you want to become spokes person or would you like to go get a spokes person, i believe a parley would be good before more bloodshed."

• Advertisement

Sarric looks at the scene, "Dwarves, do one of you want to become spokes person or would you like to go get a spokes person, i believe a parley would be good before more bloodshed."
    One dwarf steps forward.

"I...I suppose I am the new leader"

He looks at the others, who don't seem too hopeful.

Karinth then shoves Mule forward.

"Mule here is a great admirer of your fire moon. Would you permit him to pray to it"

"Of...Of course" the new commander murmurs looking around "That is a harmless request"

"Now, dragon, what is it you want?"

Advertisement