Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I'd love to join you for a drink, maybe you can tell me some stories of mining and adventurers. I'm catching up on the goings on of the world myself, I've been withdrawn from it for quite some time."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Minor irritation. Probably a little stomach pain. I'll live.'

Vrakrash presses on.
    Once more they reach a fork in the path.

One going West to a dead end with a statue and one going North.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash takes one look at the statue and turns to Iuric.

'No more statues, ok?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭Evade

"After you" Iuric gestures at the North path.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash takes the lead and proceeds North, watching around him carefully.

• Advertisement

They come to a three way fork in the path.

One heads east, the ornate wooden door visible at its end indicates this leads to the living chambers.

One heading North has a statue that Hurguil identifies, from the large runic inscription at its base, visible from the fork, as the head Dwarven general of the era.

The path South has another dwarf statue with a strange shimmering effect in front of it.

Iuric heads down to examine the shimmering statue.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric heads down to examine the shimmering statue.
    The statue is of a fairly harsh faced aggressive looking man in light armour and a crossbow on his back. Runes cover any visible skin.

"Hutorg, a master of mind altering magic, rare for a dwarf. He disappeared on a delve far into the GigaDark centuries ago."

Vrakrash examines the ornate door.

'Careful with those blasted statues, Iuric!'

He calls.

Vrakrash examines the ornate door.

'Careful with those blasted statues, Iuric!'

He calls.
    The door is carved from oak wood that must have been brought in from surface traders.

Several gems are carved on the door and strangely for a dwarf home, a rose.

The handle is made of blue tinted glass.

• Advertisement

'Always with the gems, I can't even sell the ones I have!' sighs Vrakrash.

He tentatively touches the handle.

Iuric joins Vrakrash at the door "More genocidal Dwarf statues." Iuric touches the door "Very ornate compared to the rest of this place."

'Always with the gems, I can't even sell the ones I have!' sighs Vrakrash.

He tentatively touches the handle.
    The handle lightly hums and turns green.

sKeith wrote: »
    "I'd love to join you for a drink, maybe you can tell me some stories of mining and adventurers. I'm catching up on the goings on of the world myself, I've been withdrawn from it for quite some time."
    The dwarves fetch Sarric an ale and begin to fill him in on local happenings. The stealing from the lower cities vaults is the main news in Dhurn Dharal. The town's own news has as its hottest topic a rich local land owner found murdered in this very pub.

There are some mentions of expansions of the parts of the city that occupy the Under and Lower Dark and the military expeditions into the GigaDark beneath it. One such veteran of the expeditions describes an army of "toy men" on the world on the other side of the GigaDark.

Evade wrote:
    Iuric joins Vrakrash at the door "More genocidal Dwarf statues." Iuric touches the door "Very ornate compared to the rest of this place."

'Exactly. Makes me wonder what is behind it.'
    Fourier wrote:
    The handle lightly hums and turns green.

Vrakrash shows Iuric the handle.

'Um... any ideas?'

"Open it, there's evil to smite"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Very well.'

He turns the handle and opens the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    The dwarves fetch Sarric an ale and begin to fill him in on local happenings. The stealing from the lower cities vaults is the main news in Dhurn Dharal. The town's own news has as its hottest topic a rich local land owner found murdered in this very pub.

There are some mentions of expansions of the parts of the city that occupy the Under and Lower Dark and the military expeditions into the GigaDark beneath it. One such veteran of the expeditions describes an army of "toy men" on the world on the other side of the GigaDark.

Sarric sips the ale,

"Tell me about this vault heist, what has been learned so far, is it something the town is seeking outside help with?"

"Murdered in this very pub", Sarric glances around then back to the dwarf, "was this land owner in here drinking with his assailant, then things turned ugly or how did that go down. Is murder a crime in this city, has the assailant received any punishment?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Very well.'

He turns the handle and opens the door.
    They enter a small corridor with a tall roof. The walls are no longer rock, but wallpapered with a floral pattern like a surface home. Glowing crystals mounted into the wall give the effect of a surface home with sunshine coming in through the windows. Along the corridor are various items of craftsmanship on pedastals. All rather mundane in a certain sense, watches, clocks, wind up toys.

There are two doors, East and West out of the corridor. The corridor itself continues North to intersect another corridor running East-West. From here they can see that this second corridor is lined with dwarven armour and has a large set of double doors facing the current one.

Sarric sips the ale,

"Tell me about this vault heist, what has been learned so far, is it something the town is seeking outside help with?"
    "Certainly, though those who have tried have wound up 'missing' shortly afterward. The thieves seem to be capable of entering the vaults without being seen or leaving a trace.
    "Murdered in this very pub", Sarric glances around then back to the dwarf, "was this land owner in here drinking with his assailant, then things turned ugly or how did that go down. Is murder a crime in this city, has the assailant received any punishment?"
    "Murder is a crime, but the assailant is unpunished as he is unknown, the man was simply found in here dead with a rune on his back...nasty business, now his cousins are hiring help to claim his home. Sensible that given the odd nature of the death."

• Advertisement

Vrakrash inspects the crystals embedded in the wall, looking to see if they can be removed

Vrakrash inspects the crystals embedded in the wall, looking to see if they can be removed
    It seems easy enough to do, they could be pried out with his axe.

"I'd wager the source of all this is through that door" Iuric points at the door at the end of the armoured avenue.

Fourier wrote:
    It seems easy enough to do, they could be pried out with his axe.

'Just a sec, can't resist.'

Vrakrash attempts to pry the crystals out one by one, slowly and carefully.

Iuric looks at Vrakrash prying the stones "We were told we could take whatever we find but I feel this breaks the spirit of the agreement."

'Just a sec, can't resist.'

Vrakrash attempts to pry the crystals out one by one, slowly and carefully.
    OOC: Dex Save both Iuric and Varkrash. Iuric target: 10, Varkrash target: 15

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Dex Save both Iuric and Varkrash. Iuric target: 10, Varkrash target: 15
    OOC: 22 (nat 20)

The crystals come free with almost explosive force, some of them shattering and sending shards out into the corridor, one of which slices across Varkrash's stomach. Iuric effortlessly tilts his head at just the right moment, a shard flying past and embedding itself in the wall behind him.

OOC: Varkrash 6HP lost

'OUCH!'

Vrakrash rubs his stomach.

'Well... let's do it your way maybe.'

• Advertisement

Iuric give Vrakrash a few pats on the back "Things will certainly be interesting with you around. To the door?" and on the last pat Lay on Hands for 7 HP.

Advertisement