Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

They begin to climb down along the fissure, the warmth of the Inner World's sun on their skin getting stronger as they descend. Suddenly and strangely gravity switches direction and they begin to have to climb up. Up into the new Sun....

OOC: Stopping there for tonight. Map of the Inner World tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks around to the others.

'We should follow Sarric, lest something happen to him. I would never forgive myself if I let it happen in search of a simple little room.'

Vrakrash takes off running towards the fissure and when he arrives, starts climbing in.

I cast longstrider on myself and follow
    Ocky on my shoulder facing backwards

Sarric emerges out into the light of a Sun a little more orange than the one he left. Around him is an icy wilderness, the wind battering him.

As he looks up at the sky, he feels like throwing up, for instead of the blue he is famaliar with, he sees instead, higher than the sun, continents and oceans. Lands that rest on the other side of the funnel shaped Inner World.

An ancient spell then takes effect, masking this from his vision and replacing it with blue.

A few minutes later Jeremy pops out of the fissure behind him.

Iuric and Vrakrash climb the fissure walls, feeling the cold arctic winds above them....

OOC: Dex check

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    Iuric and Vrakrash climb the fissure walls, feeling the cold arctic winds above them....

OOC: Dex check
    OOC: Dex check = 22

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: 16 :/

A torrent of snow is blown into the fissure, but both Iuric and Vrakrash leap to nearby secure footing before it reaches them. About ten minutes later, they emerge from the fissure, out into the Sun. The same disorientation overcomes them, but equally the same spell shields them from it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks about for any sign of Sarric or Jeremy.

OOC: Presumably Karinth and Ser Boros are just ahead of us

Iuric also looks around the oppressively white landscape for any sign of his comrades.

OOC: Does this look like the inside of the Dyson Sphere from TNG's Relics? Can we see the surface on the other side or is the sun too bright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric licks his finger then sticks it up in the air. He had seen others do this in the past, now seems like a good as time as any to try it out.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric also looks around the oppressively white landscape for any sign of his comrades.

OOC: Does this look like the inside of the Dyson Sphere from TNG's Relics? Can we see the surface on the other side or is the sun too bright?

ooc; 2nd paragraph #994

OOC: Not sure how I missed that

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks about for any sign of Sarric or Jeremy.

OOC: Presumably Karinth and Ser Boros are just ahead of us

Vrakrash and Iuric can see Jeremy and Sarric just a quarter mile up along the fissure from them. Karinth and Ser Boros emerged on the other side and are making their way around.

OOC: You can see the other side initially, but the ancient spell occludes it after a minute to keep Outer Worlders sane

Iuric makes his way towards Sarric and Jeremy and asks Sarric "What urged you to come to this..." Iuric tries to think of the appropriate word "indescribable place?"

Iuric makes his way towards Sarric and Jeremy and asks Sarric "What urged you to come to this..." Iuric tries to think of the appropriate word "indescribable place?"

"What urges a butterfly to flap its wings?"

Sarric then jumps and flaps his arms to see if he can fly using this method.

Ser Boros reaches Vrakrash.

"Dragonman...there were rumours on my home world of such a place...I see that in your World they are more than rumour. Have you ever been here?"

sKeith wrote: »
    "What urges a butterfly to flap its wings?"
    Iuric start to say something but then reconsiders and gets lost in his own thoughts for a moment.

Ser Boros reaches Vrakrash.

"Dragonman...there were rumours on my home world of such a place...I see that in your World they are more than rumour. Have you ever been here?"

'No. Not for lack of trying though... many times I have attempted to breach into this place but every time I failed. What dangers await us, I wonder?'

Vrakrash makes his way towards Sarric and Jeremy.

Iuric start to say something but then reconsiders and gets lost in his own thoughts for a moment.

"I think we need to go south, any ideas on where we go from here?" If any of the other groups are heading north to reach us, Sarric strolls in their direction, otherwise he will wait for them to catch up.

"Which way is south?"

• Advertisement

"Which way is south?"

Sarric points south, "That way."

Karinth follows Sarric's finger and looks up at the Sun.

"Does that thing move in the Sky or..."

He looks around

"...which way is East or West. The Sun is hanging dead center in the sky."

Iuric looks to the West "I believe the valley where Durandal lies is to the West of here, but if there's some pressing concern to the South you'll have my aid."

Iuric looks to the West "I believe the valley where Durandal lies is to the West of here, but if there's some pressing concern to the South you'll have my aid."

"No pressing concerns, my direction of choice was due to dhrual dhural being in the polar regions up north, and we are under dhural dhural and in the polar regions, so south is where we get out of freezingness. But that was without the knowledge you have, if we have info that something of interest is to the west, lets go that way instead."

"If none of our allies object, then West we go."

'West, East, South... it matters not to Vrakrash. Lead the way and I shall follow.'

Karinth follows Sarric's finger and looks up at the Sun.

"Does that thing move in the Sky or..."

He looks around

"...which way is East or West. The Sun is hanging dead center in the sky."

"Well its either that way or that way" says Sarric, pointing from east to west or from west to east, "Do we keep with old traditions and go that way", looking south, sarric point with his right arm, " or do we flip from what we are used to and believe west is that way, "sarric points with his left arm. "if i was to wager, I'd go with the former."

OOC: Can we see any indication of the bottom of Dhurn Dharal? That should be to our East assuming that Dwarf Fortress was part of the city which Iuric does.

OOC: Can we see any indication of the bottom of Dhurn Dharal? That should be to our East assuming that Dwarf Fortress was part of the city which Iuric does.

ooc: by that logic, then its left arm is west, as 20 miles east of dhum dhural is 20 miles along left arm, as everything is flipped ;)

• Advertisement

ooc, do we believe we should be going in same direction as surface west, or do we just go 90 degress right of south as we would on the surface ;)

Advertisement