Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Climb on my back please, I have spiracles you can sit in"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'So how fast does time pass above this Inner World Drolr? I'm curious. I heard rumours of this before but did not believe it.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'So how fast does time pass above this Inner World Drolr? I'm curious. I heard rumours of this before but did not believe it.'
    "What have you heard?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric climbs onto Drolr.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "What have you heard?"

'Hours are decades... Days become centuries... weeks...'

Vrakrash climbs onto Drolr.

'It's probably largely exaggerated. The fire realm I was in before this, their God, or whatever you want to call him... ruler maybe? He wanted to find a way to harness this ability.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric hops up onto Drolr's back and sits into a spiracle and tries to make himself comfortable.

'Hours are decades... Days become centuries... weeks...'

Vrakrash climbs onto Drolr.

'It's probably largely exaggerated. The fire realm I was in before this, their God, or whatever you want to call him... ruler maybe? He wanted to find a way to harness this ability.'
    "It can happen, depends on where you go...one can even return centuries before you left. Our times are unhooked in places, they are mostly the same however if you avoid certain regions...."

He laughs.

"....though the valley is certainly one such region"

'Hence your interest in visiting there. Now I understand clearly. Take the safe route, I think Drolr - I might have a snooze whilst you bring us.'

Vrakrash makes himself comfortable in a spiracle and relaxes.

"Is there any way to ensure you leave around the same time you arrive?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric hops up onto Drolr's back and sits into a spiracle and tries to make himself comfortable.
    Karinth and Ser Boros climb in.

"I know my way around spiracles Sarric, good choice"

He lies back and writes in his journal.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »

"Don't stay. The less time you stay, the closer the time of leaving is to time of arriving."

"The valley is very unpredictable, perhaps nothing odd will happen with time, I hope not as I feed on such wounds in the fabric of the world and the curious like yourself are a good way of making them.

However it's not the only odd thing the valley can do."

"The valley is very unpredictable, perhaps nothing odd will happen with time, I hope not as I feed on such wounds in the fabric of the world and the curious like yourself are a good way of making them.

However it's not the only odd thing the valley can do."
    "Really, what other things can it do?"

"Really, what other things can it do?"
    "I've heard of certain things, visitors being fused together into one being, mutating, best to be careful when you're there."

OOC: Going to assume Jeremy gets on

The beast flicks its tail and suddenly the group see the snow gently rushing by, with the occasional hill or rocky outcrop appearing below. Karinth and Ser Boros head off to sleep.

Eventually the snow gives way to greenery and the beast lands. The valley lies in front of them.

1khOEE.jpg

They land on one of the overlooking cliffs, with a narrow path in front of them leading down.

Erected in front of the path, in over thirty languages of the InnerWorld and several of the OuterWorld's, is a message. in OuterWorld Common it says:

ALL WHO ENTER, THE VALLEY IS A DANGEROUS AND UNSTABLE PLACE, FEW LIVE AND THOSE WHO DO ARE NOT THE SAME. THINK OF YOUR LIVES AND DO NOT ENTER. BY ALL RIGHTS THE VALLEY SHOULD NOT BE. IF YOU DO, CONSIDER ALL ACTIONS AND MAY YOUR GODS GRANT YOU MERCY.

"I think maybe we have come to the wrong valley.

Drolr, does this valley have a name other than just valley, or the valley?"

Iuric after reading the sign "This must be the right place."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

"I've heard of certain things, visitors being fused together into one being, mutating, best to be careful when you're there."

OOC: Going to assume Jeremy gets on

The beast flicks its tail and suddenly the group see the snow gently rushing by, with the occasional hill or rocky outcrop appearing below. Karinth and Ser Boros head off to sleep.

Eventually the snow gives way to greenery and the beast lands. The valley lies in front of them.

1khOEE.jpg

They land on one of the overlooking cliffs, with a narrow path in front of them leading down.

Erected in front of the path, in over thirty languages of the InnerWorld and several of the OuterWorld's, is a message. in OuterWorld Common it says:

ALL WHO ENTER, THE VALLEY IS A DANGEROUS AND UNSTABLE PLACE, FEW LIVE AND THOSE WHO DO ARE NOT THE SAME. THINK OF YOUR LIVES AND DO NOT ENTER. BY ALL RIGHTS THE VALLEY SHOULD NOT BE. IF YOU DO, CONSIDER ALL ACTIONS AND MAY YOUR GODS GRANT YOU MERCY.

<ooc of course Jeremy gets on >

“This place looks nice”

"I think maybe we have come to the wrong valley.

Drolr, does this valley have a name other than just valley, or the valley?"
    "Many, though in the Common tongue of the Outer World it is known as Tindolin Valley"

Vrakrash climbs down off Drolr and heads for the path.

'Thank you Drolr. I trust should we return from within, you will bring us back to where we entered the Inner World...? Or is this goodbye.'

• Advertisement

'Thank you Drolr. I trust should we return from within, you will bring us back to where we entered the Inner World...? Or is this goodbye.'

I dismount

"Tindolin is where I was told I'd find the sword." Iuric looks down the path and then turns to his companions "Shall we?" as he gesture towards the path.

"Oh I'm staying here just outside the valley, to lick up any wounds you've caused in time, looking forward to it.
    Taking you back will be the least I can do for such a tasty meal."

Vrakrash nods.

He gestures to Iuric and the others.

'Lead on then.'

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I dismount
    Karinth turns.

"Jeremy isn't it? We haven't been introduced. I am Karinth, nice to have a scholarly user of magic among us. Most of my own is inborn."

Sarric gets up out of the comfy spiralce and jumps of drolrs back to land gently on the ground beside him.

"Thank you for the passage, theres no mistaking it now, kindolin is the name Iuric used.

So, when we notice you getting all excited, thats when we know the **** is about to be flung about the place and we should be careful, or is it already to late by then."

So, when we notice you getting all excited, thats when we know the **** is about to be flung about the place and we should be careful, or is it already to late by then."
    "If you can still see me when you are in the Valley...but yes. I'll be watching here quite eagerly."

Drolr drools slightly.

Walking along the path, as it begins to slope into the valley, Iuric sees a group of Clerics, twenty in total, bowing and praying in front of a chalk line in the ground.

Karinth turns.

"Jeremy isn't it? We haven't been introduced. I am Karinth, nice to have a scholarly user of magic among us. Most of my own is inborn."

“I wanted to be a plumber but it’s the family trade.”
    “Pleased to meet you, this is Occy “ gestures to Occy” he’s an occult octopus “

• Advertisement

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “I wanted to be a plumber but it’s the family trade.”
    “Pleased to meet you, this is Occy “ gestures to Occy” he’s an occult octopus “
    Occy salutes Karinth.

"Nice to meet your acquaintance Vampire."

"Similarly Demon of the..." Karinth looks at him closely "...6th circle?"

"You know your stuff..." Occy turns to Jeremy "...I'd be careful here Jeremy, I don't get a good feeling from this place"

Advertisement