Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    Sarric can see a building with a viewing spire on its roof.

The populace tend to leave along roads going in each of eight major cardinal directions.

Sarric goes to the building with the viewing spire and jumps and attempts to flap his arms in an attempt to fly up to the viewing spire.

If that does not work he looks for an entrance into the building, if there is none, he will attempt to attempt to scale the building freeclimbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash, feeling a little fuzzy from his brain working overdrive tries to shake the cobwebs from his head and stands.

'Yes, I would like to see them very much! Have you a name, friend? I feel I should address you by name after what you have helped me accomplish today.'
    "Not one you could say, call me...Webby"

He shows Vrakrash three objects.

"These in exchange for your gems. A healing poultice, a scroll of resurrection and a scroll of Galdum's Doughnut trap"

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric goes to the building with the viewing spire and jumps and attempts to flap his arms in an attempt to fly up to the viewing spire.

If that does not work he looks for an entrance into the building, if there is none, he will attempt to attempt to scale the building freeclimbing.
    Sarric easily freeclimbs his way up onto the building and then up the viewing spire.
    The eight roads lead out into the Gigadark, North and NorthEast towards very dark caverns, East toward an enormous Crocodile with a city on its back lying in a river, SouthEast to some sort of Dwarven stronghold with the Fire Moon symbol of Dhurn Dharal on it. South to a massive statue. SouthWest to a Beholder kingdom, a giant queen beholder visible even from here. West to a mountain whose peak reaches the underside of the surface of the LowerDark. NorthWest to another city like this one.

Sarric easily freeclimbs his way up onto the building and then up the viewing spire.
    The eight roads lead out into the Gigadark, North and NorthEast towards very dark caverns, East toward an enormous Crocodile with a city on its back lying in a river, SouthEast to some sort of Dwarven stronghold with the Fire Moon symbol of Dhurn Dharal on it. South to a massive statue. SouthWest to a Beholder kingdom, a giant queen beholder visible even from here. West to a mountain whose peak reaches the underside of the surface of the LowerDark. NorthWest to another city like this one.

Sarric, happy with his reconnaissance, climbs back down the building and rejoins iuric and shares his reconnaissance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

"The Dwarf fortress is likely a way back to the city, I'm told the bottom of the city goes all the way to the inner world." Iuric says as he offers Sarric a biscuit.

• Advertisement

Sarric accepts the biscuit and enjoys the nurisment it brings.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Not one you could say, call me...Webby"

He shows Vrakrash three objects.

"These in exchange for your gems. A healing poultice, a scroll of resurrection and a scroll of Galdum's Doughnut trap"

Vrakrash takes the items and hands over the gems.

'Galdum's Doughnut Trap... care to give me any further info on that one?

Thank you, nonetheless Webby. Should I ever come by this way again, I will be sure to check in with you.'

Vrakrash takes the items and hands over the gems.

'Galdum's Doughnut Trap... care to give me any further info on that one?

Thank you, nonetheless Webby. Should I ever come by this way again, I will be sure to check in with you.'
    "It creates a cube with each face a portal to the one opposite, effectively trapping the targets."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    "It creates a cube with each face a portal to the one opposite, effectively trapping the targets."

Vrakrash places the scrolls and the poultice in his backpack and tips a wave to Webby.

'Thank you again. One final question. Would you be able to direct me to someplace to rest and recuperate in the city before journeying forth into the Gigadark?'

Vrakrash places the scrolls and the poultice in his backpack and tips a wave to Webby.

'Thank you again. One final question. Would you be able to direct me to someplace to rest and recuperate in the city before journeying forth into the Gigadark?'
    "The street...you will be safe and the GigaDark is often warm enough to sleepp without risk of illness. The locals are friendly beyond belief, this is the reason I left my kind and came here...I am a mutant, the rest of my race is prone to abject violence without thought."

• Advertisement

"The street...you will be safe and the GigaDark is often warm enough to sleepp without risk of illness. The locals are friendly beyond belief, this is the reason I left my kind and came here...I am a mutant, the rest of my race is prone to abject violence without thought."

'Mutant... no. You are a great example of why your kind need not use violence as the answer to everything. Perhaps at some point trying to bring order to your race, showing them there is a different way... this could allow your kind to integrate with other civilisations... and given how much you have helped me in a short time - this could be beneficial to all.

If you are interested in trying, I would be willing to help upon my return from my current quest. If you don't believe it to be possible... then I will say no more on the matter.'

'Mutant... no. You are a great example of why your kind need not use violence as the answer to everything. Perhaps at some point trying to bring order to your race, showing them there is a different way... this could allow your kind to integrate with other civilisations... and given how much you have helped me in a short time - this could be beneficial to all.

If you are interested in trying, I would be willing to help upon my return from my current quest. If you don't believe it to be possible... then I will say no more on the matter.'
    "Return when you are done, we can speak then, in the meantime I will visit my family, see how things are"

Vrakrash nods, waves and crawls back out onto the street.

He looks around him but decides to unfurl his bedroll at the base of the shop, hops in and goes to sleep.

If it's that time of day/evening/night* Iuric will doff his armour, get out his blanket, and sleep.

*OOC: Is there any obvious indication of what time of day it is in the Gigadark?

Sarric ventures southbound to investigate the statue while some may sleep.

Iuric looks around at the him. The only light is from bioluminescent stalactites on the underside of the Lowerdark's surface, making telling the time virtually impossible.

The group get a good long sleep and wake to the city in much the same state as it was when they went to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Iuric looks around at the him. The only light is from bioluminescent stalactites on the underside of the Lowerdark's surface, making telling the time virtually impossible.

The group get a good long sleep and wake to the city in much the same state as it was when they went to sleep.
    “Morning “

Vrakrash rises and places his bedroll back into his pack.

He heads off to find the rest of his party, feeling refreshed and excited about possibly getting to show off his new skills soon.

"Good morning" Iuric dons his armour and packs away his blanket. He then heads over to Vrakrash and once he wakes up asks "Any news of the Master secret room?"

Evade wrote: »
    "Good morning" Iuric dons his armour and packs away his blanket. He then heads over to Vrakrash and once he wakes up asks "Any news of the Master secret room?"

'Nothing of note. Only what the being told me before entering the city. It is two days travel from here... but I am told through unspeakable dangers.

Sounds like fun to me.'

OOC: Er... what direction is the masters secret room in :o

• Advertisement

'Nothing of note. Only what the being told me before entering the city. It is two days travel from here... but I am told through unspeakable dangers.

Sounds like fun to me.'

OOC: Er... what direction is the masters secret room in :o
    ooc: unknown to my character, i believe it was west, correct me if wrong ;)

Sarric ventures southbound to investigate the statue while some may sleep.
    The statue depicts a powerful Nerosian warrior with a massive sword on his back, riding on a Dragvil. The statue commerates an enormous fissure leading through to the Inner World, that the hero Ekbard cut out of the Earth after he killed the local God King of this region, apparently liberating the odd telepathic beings that live here.

The statue depicts a powerful Nerosian warrior with a massive sword on his back, riding on a Dragvil. The statue commerates an enormous fissure leading through to the Inner World, that the hero Ekbard cut out of the Earth after he killed the local God King of this region, apparently liberating the odd telepathic beings that live here.

Sarric investigate the fissure, is it big enough to crawl through, big enough to drive a camper van through, or likely to close up right after venturing through it.

Sarric investigate the fissure, is it big enough to crawl through, big enough to drive a camper van through, or likely to close up right after venturing through it.
    Large enough to see the Inner World's sky as a bright blue light. Over 200 yards wide and a over half a mile long.

ooc: unknown to my character, i believe it was west, correct me if wrong ;)
    OOC: That's the valley with the Iuric's sword. The direction to the room is unknown.

Sarric, against all better judjement, ventures onwards, through the fissure, into the inner world, as if there is this pull that he cannot explain to himself.

One of the telepathic beings informs Vrakrash that others of his race saw Sarric disappear into the fissure over an hour ago.

Karinth and Ser Boros run off to the fissure.

"Trust Sarric to grant this sojourn some chest hair" Karinth roars back to the others as they head off.

One of the telepathic beings informs Vrakrash that others of his race saw Sarric disappear into the fissure over an hour ago.

Vrakrash looks around to the others.

'We should follow Sarric, lest something happen to him. I would never forgive myself if I let it happen in search of a simple little room.'

Vrakrash takes off running towards the fissure and when he arrives, starts climbing in.

• Advertisement

Iuric follows after Vrakrash.

Advertisement