Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Vrakrash suddenly gets a flash of strange images. Long beasts with bodies like tails, rocks floating in the air and then a hand reaching out to grab him.

When his vision returns to normal, no time has passed. He stands next to Iuric, where he also sees the rock edges.

Vrakrash staggers and grabs a hold of Iuric.

'My friend... I fear danger lurks beneath here.'

He tells Iuric of the vision he has just had.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Evade

"Better to face them or freeze?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Evade wrote: »
    "Better to face them or freeze?"

Vrakrash sighs.

'I suppose you are correct. Lead on.'

Iuric enters the cave with his sword drawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The cave only extends a small distance beyond the mouth. Forty yards at most.

"Quite decent given our location" Ser Boros opines.

"Hmmm and safe as well..." Karinth says feeling the back wall "...there is no deeper complex behind this wall, nor a system of caves beneath. An isolated cleft in the rock."

"To be sure, I can seal the mouth with my ice magic" Columbo offers, some of the snow at the entryway already levitating.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash nods to Columbo.

'Should Sarric need to get in... I am sure he will find a way. Seal it up, Columbo.'

'WAIT!'

Calls Vrakrash.

'I fear we are in the mouth of a beast!'

"The mouth of a beast!? That's imp..." Iuric thinks back on recent events "incredibly likely."

Vrakrash backs out of the cave slowly.

'I can resolve this one way or another. We should leave first though. If I am wrong we can re-enter again.'

Iuric follows Vrakrash out of the 'cave.'

• Advertisement

Columbo seals the mouth of the cave halfway, before halting.

Karinth pats Vrakrash on the shoulder.

"One way to find out my scaly friend"

He stabs into the ground with his sword, which makes a loud clang.

"Just stone" Karinth says, relieved.

The cave begins to shake....

'Run!'

Shouts Vrakrash as he grabs Columbo on the way past. He makes for the entrance as fast as possible.

"Everyone, out, post haste" Iuric shouts into the 'cave.'

Ser Boros and Karinth turn to see the cave rock being converted into flesh and leap out.

The cave does indeed turn into a mouht, of a giant monster that pulls itself out of the snow and towers at over ten times their height.

l0SD3X.jpg

It looks at the group in general, but looks especially hard at Iuric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric being disturbed from meditating peeks his head out of his snow crater.

Vrakrash draws his weapons and shouts to the beast.

'We mean no harm - we were merely seeking some shelter. Of course - that is how you hunt, isn't it? You failed - now leave us be!'

"You seem rather interested in me. I am Iuric Mercutius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter, and you are?" Iuric asks hoping his voice doesn't crack again.

The beast slowly scans Iuric, before turning to Vrakrash.

"So a Golden Dragon, that is how you knew my approach, I...."

Karinth shouts up, "WHAT MANNER OF BEAST ARE YOU?!"

"...I will ignore the Vivimancer, his kind desire mine for dissection, but we have yet to be caught.

Dragon, I am Drolr, or so the men who once lived in this area called me. I sensed a desire to travel to the Valley, so I came, to give passage. Not many are mad enough to go there and..."

He turns to Iuric

"...it is this one who seeks it."

Sarric pops his head out. The beast simply nods.

"Sarric, a pleasure."

The beast slowly scans Iuric, before turning to Vrakrash.

"So a Golden Dragon, that is how you knew my approach, I...."

Karinth shouts up, "WHAT MANNER OF BEAST ARE YOU?!"

"...I will ignore the Vivimancer, his kind desire mine for dissection, but we have yet to be caught.

Dragon, I am Drolr, or so the men who once lived in this area called me. I sensed a desire to travel to the Valley, so I came, to give passage. Not many are mad enough to go there and..."

He turns to Iuric

"...it is this one who seeks it."

Sarric pops his head out. The beast simply nods.

"Sarric, a pleasure."

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Well - this is your quest. If this creature Drolr wishes to give us passage to the valley, I would say we take it... as long as he does not try to eat us again, of course.'

Vrakrash looks to Drolr.

'You don't want to eat us, do you?'

• Advertisement

"We did stroll into his mouth, I don't think that qualifies as trying to eat us." Iuric looks the beast over "How long would it take you to get us there Drolr?"

"Eat you, no nascent dragon, I do not feed on flesh, but on seconds and minutes.

Adherent of Mesharum, it will take me about three hours if we rush, twelve if we are safe."

"Safe would be best, some of our number are in need of rest."

"Eat you, no nascent dragon, I do not feed on flesh, but on seconds and minutes.

Adherent of Mesharum, it will take me about three hours if we rush, twelve if we are safe."

'So... it would suit you to travel slower, is that you mean? You could feed on the time it took us to get there?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'So... it would suit you to travel slower, is that you mean? You could feed on the time it took us to get there?'
    He smiles bearing a couple hundred teeth.

"That's a nice way of phrasing it, let's say that"

He smiles bearing a couple hundred teeth.

"That's a nice way of phrasing it, let's say that"

'Hey look, as long as it doesn't turn me into an old man-dragon en route, how you get your nourishment is none of my business. Heard about that happening to someone once... doesn't sound too nice.'

"Is he some kind of threat?" Iuric asks Vrakrash.

Evade wrote: »
    "Is he some kind of threat?" Iuric asks Vrakrash.

'I don't think so, but it makes me wonder how time works in the Inner World. Hundreds of years, or even more might pass in the world above this whilst we are here.'

He looks at Drolr.

'That's how you feed, right? Correct me if I am wrong.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I don't think so, but it makes me wonder how time works in the Inner World. Hundreds of years, or even more might pass in the world above this whilst we are here.'

He looks at Drolr.

'That's how you feed, right? Correct me if I am wrong.'
    "Simplifying to some degree, but yes"

• Advertisement

"Then the less time spent here the better. Take us the faster route."

Advertisement