Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 225: Whitaker vs Romero Sat June 9th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Did he take a selfie in the octagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

$500,000 show money for Punk for that. His total earnings will hit around $1m. :eek:

Paully D wrote: »
    $500,000 show money for Punk for that. His total earnings will hit around $1m. :eek:

Same for his debut. Think that will be the last time we see him though

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Jackson should be given another chance on a ufc card but not sure if he's bothered if that happens going by his post fight interview.
    Punk should never set foot inside another octagon ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That is one of the all-time great UFC walkouts from Tai, right up there with Tom Lawlor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I loved Punks heart but he seems to look worse than he did in the first fight. Seemed to tire straight away this time. The first one he did well with a brown belt on his back to last a couple of mins.

He needs to be told thats it if he has not realised it himself. Don't want to see him get beat up in some regional mma show or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Let's go Bambam!

Tuivasa walking out to "My Heart will go on" haha what a legend!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It looked like he too busy looking at something else when striking punk

Showboating, trying to do a no look punch..like Firminos no look goal..pathetic stuff, should have been going for the finish if he was at all bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Don't get the Tuivasa love. He's a big ****ing bogan who can bang and that's really about it.

That said, Arlovski was finished about give fights ago so expect him to get knocked out pretty quickly here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Tai Tuivasa is my favourite heavyweight since Cain. What a man
    "a street fighter!" haha

Don't get the Tuivasa love. He's a big ****ing bogan who can bang and that's really about it.

That said, Arlovski was finished about give fights ago so expect him to get knocked out pretty quickly here.

In the words of Louis Walsh, he reminds me of a young Mark Hunt

By the way, people saying on twitter Punk was waiting around to be interviewed.

I'd say thats the UFC saying they are done with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Hits like a truck and is a total character in a sport devoid of interesting characters. Sign me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Axwell wrote: »
    Showboating, trying to do a no look punch..like Firminos no look goal..pathetic stuff, should have been going for the finish if he was at all bothered.

Yeah that's what it looked like. On one hand I wanted punk to reverse and get the win somehow. Would be what he deserved for acting the clown. On the other hand just shows how out of depth punk was. Takes balls to step in that cage.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Hits like a truck and is a total character in a sport devoid of interesting characters. Sign me up

Absolutely right.

Heavyweight division is so light these days.
    Bam Bam is a fantastic character and can KO anybody.

Also shoeys...

Yeah, I don't get the shoe thing at all.

For me, I just can't buy into a fighter who can't get themselves into shape. That belly is crying out to be kicked to bits.

10-9 Bambam.

For me, I just can't buy into a fighter who can't get themselves into shape. That belly is crying out to be kicked to bits.

Think he cuts to make the 265 limit too does he?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

1-1 here. I’d love Tai to finish him now but the experience of Arlovski might get himself over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Even at the moment.

19-19?

One apiece going into the third?

Both of them pretty gassed. Poor enough stuff from the ref giving Arlovski time, no poke there at all.

Here is the CM Punk scorecard

DfTGFT7WkAAO1S_.jpg

Tuivasa did enough to win the third for me but I’d say these judges are giving it to Arlovski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bam Bam just for me but this could go either way

29-28 Bam Bam for me

Good luck judges

• Advertisement

Potentially a draw here. Arlovski with the cleaner work but Tuivasa with the bigger shots in the third.

There's 5/6 heavyweights who'd butcher Tuivasa.

Advertisement