Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭914

All square up here in WP between roanmore and ballygunner at half time.

Ballygunner winning by a goal. Looked more comfortable but Roanmore got themselves back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Waterford SHC Semi Finals:

Abbeyside v De La Salle,

Ballygunner v Passage

Most likely on Saturday/Sunday Sept 22nd/23rd.

Waterford SHC Semi Finals:

Abbeyside v De La Salle,

Ballygunner v Passage

Most likely on Saturday/Sunday Sept 22nd/23rd.

I know the football needs to play a few rounds now but a for week gap, madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,167 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

914 wrote: »

I thought by changing the calender they would not be all these gaps ??

The GAA and in a way particularly Waterford GAA have been a farce this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

This place is fairly quiet today considering 8 clubs involved in games over the weekend. I wonder how many die hard supporters actually went to one of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

914 wrote: »

Only one round of football, the 1/4 final, going to be played on the weekend of the 8th of September, I’d be surprised if the hurling isn’t on the week after but then again, Munster club hurling championship isn’t until next the 28th of October and Abbeyside/Ballinacourty are still in both

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

I just went into the Waterford GAA website to check out the scores in the Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh competitions. The results immediately struck me as odd until I looked closer and found that the posted results were from 2016!

I then decided to look at some other competitions. The results for the National Football and Hurling Leagues and the Senior Football Championship are for 2015! If you click on the Senior Hurling Championship you get a blank page.

Good money is paid to employ the County Board administrators responsible for such appalling ineptitude.

Giveitfong wrote: »
    I just went into the Waterford GAA website to check out the scores in the Tony Forristal and Sonny Walsh competitions. The results immediately struck me as odd until I looked closer and found that the posted results were from 2016!

I then decided to look at some other competitions. The results for the National Football and Hurling Leagues and the Senior Football Championship are for 2015! If you click on the Senior Hurling Championship you get a blank page.

Good money is paid to employ the County Board administrators responsible for such appalling ineptitude.

I'm not surprised tbh whole CB and there admins are a joke

3 bigs wins in the QFs and ballygunner the team we all thought would run away with only won by 3 points.

Semis are DLS vs Abbeyside and Ballygunner vs Passage. Actually 2 close games with Abbeyside playing well this season and DLS are well used to this stage and sounded very impressive today, I can see DLS edging it.

Bit of a local rivalry between Ballygunner and Passage and the game will surely be a fiery affair. Ballygunner should come through it but Passage will give it a good rattle and ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

PTH2009 wrote: »
    KevIRL wrote: »
    5-17 1-16 full-time. Gleeson got 1-11

Good score for DLS. Sad to see the demise of Mount Sion

2 more QFs to go Ballygunner vs Roanmore and Dungarvan vs Passage

I imagine it's an open draw for the semis and we could possibly get DLS vs Ballygunner ?

What’s sad about it? They’ve been crap with 10 years. This year was actually an improvement. Only barely avoided relegation one year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

Good score for DLS. Sad to see the demise of Mount Sion

Why is it sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 premiertipp

Waterford beaten by Tipp in U16 semi in Wexford...no independent umpires/linesmen..terrible refereeing..Waterford had ball over the line TWICE during goalmouth scramble near the end..ball cleared and no score given.
    Kildare had a player flattened by Tipp no.2...referee sent umpire (Kildare) to line and gave a yellow to goalkeeper...bizarre stuff! Then in final SAME REFEREE gave everything to Wexford..Tipp completely robbed. You couldn't make it up!

Western Intermediate hurling semi finals
    Ardmore vs Clashmore
    Not sure who's in the other one

Western Junior Hurling semi finals
    Tourin vs Colligan
    Ballinmeala vs St Mary's

Any info on the Eastern championships

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

Giveitfong wrote: »

ah ya cant give out about the county board, its not their fault, its someone elses. The last secretary had the charger for the laptop that had the password on it to login. They are all amateurs not their fault, volunteers.... only do it for the love of the game.... not for the free grub, expenses or in some cases salary!

Blame Tom Murphy, its all his fault!

It is laughable, none of the county convention accounts are there since 2014 or so.

Bit off the beaten track, didn't get to any of the games yesterday, was listening to the coverage across WLR on the day as I was driving.

To be fair it was very good coverage, Gavin was in touch with Tomas Mcc on the hour & Rick whelan gave a few minutes for updates too. For those that haven't twitter etc fair play was very good.

To pick one thing out that bothers me, why the repeated "Eastern Rivals" or "all western clash", I have played Gaa a long time around the place and I never once thought "this is a big eastern derby" or whatever!

Yesterday the DLS Mount Sion game is a derby, but its not an Eastern derby its a City one! "An all eastern clash in Walsh park" as much as to say there is no western team playing - sure who gives a fck bar the lads in the two divisional boards hanging onto their officer titles!!

As for tallow and Abbeyside! Abbeyside to Tallow is a longer drive then Waterford to Abbeyside! I do not see the purpose of constantly pushing the West and East thing, its lazy commentary imo and annoying.

Maybe I'm being over sensitive but it really annoys the ****e out of me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Made the Mt. Sion v DLS game yesterday. Good first half and then DLS just powered ahead due to the goals. If you took Austin Gleeson out of that Mount Sion team they would have been absolutely destroyed. 1-11 out of 1-16 says it all but he was on the frees (and penalty) and put over 2-3 sideline cuts also so probably only got 4-5 from play I'd say which was pretty good considering he had to do it all on his own. Martin F. O'Neil worked hard in defense as did their centre back but they were under too much pressure. De la Salle have a good all round team. Mount Sion are about 10 players short in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

ah ya cant give out about the county board, its not their fault, its someone elses.

Said no one ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ballysaggert against cappoquin in the other western semi..

I've heard big news coming tonight

I've heard big news coming tonight

There is big news every night at 6.01 on Rte One.

Could you be more specific as to who or what the news is?

• Advertisement

There is big news every night at 6.01 on Rte One.

Could you be more specific as to who or what the news is?

New senior Hurling Management team

good stuff, who were the successful candidates through the process?

good stuff, who were the successful candidates through the process?

Heard there local lads

Again this is all rumours

fanning, browne, Murray & Tommy dunne?

fanning, browne, Murray & Tommy dunne?

heard Paul Flynn will replace Dunne ??

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Is Flynn difficult to deal with or what’s the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Bring back Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Pauric Fanning
    Tony Brown
    James Murray

If Tommy Dunne is not part of that backroom team then we can forget about going anywhere bar backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Really hope fanning isn't lined up for the job. Would not be the appointment I think we need after a dismal season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

benji79 wrote: »
    Is Flynn difficult to deal with or what’s the story?

I’d imagine some of the panel don’t want Paul Flynn because he won’t take any ****e and won’t be afraid to get stuck in to fellas on the panel. He doesn’t strike me as the type of man to baby lads and maybe lads are worried about what’s coming down the line if he’s involved in some capacity. The excuse being used by some people is that he was “overly critical” of Derek McGrath and that’s why the panel (or some members of the panel) don’t want him. An excuse so childish it isn’t even funny. Bottom line is, if Flynn gets involved in some capacity and things are shaken up then he’ll be involved in any changes that will be forthcoming- and rightly so - there isn’t too many more knowledgeable hurling men in the county and if members of the current panel can’t respect him as he is now then they should at least respect him for what he did for Waterford when he was playing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement