Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI €100 reward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/plandescription?coverset=HSTSLV&profileId=individuals

This policy is €206 for basic everyday cover only.

I have no health insurance at present.

It would work out well if I could get the €100 back on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

When you register and put in your policy number are others asked to put in bank details for reward?

I registered and got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thanks op, I'm already paperless and on direct debit and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mad m wrote: »
    When you register and put in your policy number are others asked to put in bank details for reward?

I registered and got nothing.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yes

Feck. I wonder is it the plan I have, but it doesn't say that does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Thanks OP

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Wow! I was already signed up for DD etc., but getting 100 in Sept! Happy days! Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

shawki wrote: »
    https://www.vhi.ie/health-insurance/plandescription?coverset=HSTSLV&profileId=individuals

Let us know if this works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Got an updated policy document from VHI I pay my premiums by monthly dd. The total cost of the policy has fallen by €88.95. Not sure how this equates to the advertised €100 cashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Work pay for mine so free money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Got an updated policy document from VHI I pay my premiums by monthly dd. The total cost of the policy has fallen by €88.95. Not sure how this equates to the advertised €100 cashback?

Think the €100 is a separate payment which is going to be made in September. The reduction in policy is linked to them reducing policy prices a few times over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

jonnybravo wrote: »
    Think the €100 is a separate payment which is going to be made in September. The reduction in policy is linked to them reducing policy prices a few times over the last year.

Excellent. I hope you are correct. I assumed it was the €100 less the tax relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Happy days good man / woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

My wife is ridiculously slow at getting around to this kind of thing and she's a dependent on my policy. Anybody know if I can claim the stuff on my end now and get the extra €50 when she eventually does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

shawki wrote: »

This sort of plan isn't taken into account as "in-patient" health insurance which is required to avoid the Lifetime Community Rating.
    More details here, but you'd probably need to spend about €400 a year if you are 34 or older to get the basic inpatient cover.
    https://www.hia.ie/consumer-information/lifetime-community-rating-explained

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭amacca

I wonder what happens if you pay your policy in full in one payment...I've no problem with paperless billing etc...but I do find it handier from a budgeting point of view to minimise monthly direct debits...would they view a one time electronic payment as a DD

(if direct debits etc aren't flying out of an account left right and centre...easier to know where you stand with your current account and that the balance is actually the balance and not a provisional one before the next DD lays waste to it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Can anybody give me any disadvantages for going paperless? Also after getting the €100 this year could you contact them next year and ask to go back to correspondence in post etc?

Just did this even though am already signed up for paperless documents and dd. Easiest €100 ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Can anybody give me any disadvantages for going paperless? Also after getting the €100 this year could you contact them next year and ask to go back to correspondence in post etc?
    The post office may close down. As might the paper mills and printers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ted1 wrote: »
    The post office may close down. As might the paper mills and printers.

Ironic that I got a letter in the post about this yesterday! I had already signed up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I didn't log into mine yet but I got the letter from VHI. What does this mean about Direct Debit. I pay the full amount annually and would prefer to keep it that way. Will I get the 50e back. I will register for the on-line documents alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Did anyone get any notification email or anything to confirm you'd submitted all required? I go through the process and claim but everytime i log back in its as though i can do it again and again with no note that it has already been claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Bambaata wrote: »
    Did anyone get any notification email or anything to confirm you'd submitted all required? I go through the process and claim but everytime i log back in its as though i can do it again and again with no note that it has already been claimed

Yeah me too. Also has anyone received the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

September for the money they said

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Yeah me too. Also has anyone received the money?

A Springfield mafia scene is coming to mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Not yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I logged in yesterday and saw that the deadline has been pushed back to October 1st, so it might be that now everyone has to wait until October for the cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I logged in yesterday and saw that the deadline has been pushed back to October 1st, so it might be that now everyone has to wait until October for the cashback.

Surely not... End of Oct what's to stop them moving it to Nov etc :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

My pitchfork is ready!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

We were told October for the cash back months ago. Seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is up to. :)

Advertisement