Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Hard to know today. Tipp have a real strong forward and experience forward line - a real goal threat. At the back I wouldn't be as confident. AHogan out of goals and new lad in so that seems to be an issue also especially re: the puck outs.

KK seem to be trying different lads in different positions so who knows? Have we the goal threat up top? A. Murphy in for the frees. Hopefully he gets a handy one at the start to boost his confidence. Will Pádraig and Conor switch? Will JD play in the corner again? Will we get enough points from play?

With Maher and Leahy to come into the game in the second half, I reckon we'll finish with a stronger team than we started. That's just my opinion.

One positive thing is KK always raise their game for Tipperary so we'll battle to the end. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Good first half from kk. Really should be 5 points up with all the ball we have had

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mercury16

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Good first half from kk. Really should be 5 points up with all the ball we have had

Couple of things,
    if we marked up.
    If we just played the man in the better position with the ball
    If we could score easy frees.
    P Maher has no pace, and struggles to get away from his man to clear the ball
    This game would be out of sight by now!

A few positives;
    Billy in the forwards has the beating of his man if leftvosolated one on one with him.
    Full back line not doing too bad, but they need to get tighter to their man and not let him win the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Eoin Murphy is God.

Very very lucky to win that. Shocking second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Thought the defence looked really good today deegan and delaney were outstanding really good for delaneys confidence Callanan was nowhere. Thought Billy Ryan and Walter were also excellent. It was a good response after last week only criticism was alot of bad wides and nowhere near creating goal chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Top marks to Paul Murphy, Conor Delaney and Tommy Walsh excellent full back line play. Blanchfield outstanding until up-ended.. Billy Ryan very impressive as was Walter Walsh. Padraigh Walsh did a lot of good things in the middle even if his shooting was a bit wayward. Eoin Murphy is Eoin Murphy. Leahy got stuck into it something he does nor always do. Deegan looked like a center back. All in all a goods days work a big improvement in a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Very very lucky to win that.

The other side of this would be that Tipperary were unlucky not to win but if you can't score fairly basic frees it's hard to say that. Neither team up to much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Both teams were poor in large parts of that game

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Topcat32

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Both teams were poor in large parts of that game

Kilkenny had a good first half as you have allready mentioned, forwards and midfield went out of it in the second half but backs looked solid, good weekend for Kilkenny hurling with Kierans winning, Senior hurling and Camogie teams winning away from home and Conor Browne captaining UCC and playing well in the Fitzgibbon Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Richie hogans point and crossfield pass shows classs permanent.just in the door and always great to win in thurles.need more from the forwards but impressed with the backs today.thought jadon cleere played well..with tj ger and maybe adrian mullen to come ,forwards may omprove alot.cant see the point in alan murphy being on tbe panel same with a few others.surely john walsh should be brought in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Richie hogans point and crossfield pass shows classs permanent.just in the door and always great to win in thurles.need more from the forwards but impressed with the backs today.thought jadon cleere played well..with tj ger and maybe adrian mullen to come ,forwards may omprove alot.cant see the point in alan murphy being on tbe panel same with a few others.surely john walsh should be brought in.
    Ah come on, the usual John walsh/Chris bolgor debate again

kk1970 wrote: »
    dubcat51 wrote: »
    Ah come on, the usual John walsh/Chris bolgor debate again

There's worse than bolger connor Martin is one, I don't think we need many more given the forwards now and then the Ballyhale lads to come back I'd like to see cody get a go

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KKCAT2018

Joe Daly wrote: »
    KKCAT2018 wrote: »
    Yes Patsy was an exceptional minor. Fellas careers go different ways. A bad injury can ruin a fella[/QUOTE

Patsy Brophy got a bad belt one night the opening of the pitch in Freshford kilkenny v Dublin Ciaran Barr actually broke a hurley off his arm he was out for a long time after that never recovered his confidence after that. Did Dick Dooley do damage to his knee may be I am mixing him up with somebody else.

That's the thing. An injury like that is horrific.

Great performance from everyone today. Never easy beat Tipp in their own back yard.
    Well done all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

I don't think we can isolate a series of games i.e. looking for good consisency but sometimes it needs to be looked at as a one off game.

Today was really good in my opinion. Never much between these teams in league. KK always put it up to Tiip - always raise their game regardless of personel involved.

I thought the battling qualities from everyone was excellent especially in first 15mins and last 15mins when game seemed to be slipping away. Workrate and aggression was really good.

As someone else alluded to, we should have been 2 or 3 pts more up at half time but satisified with the first half. Tipp had their purple patch and pushed on but I thought we hung on in there as we couldn't win a puckout ball in the half forwards in that time to release the pressure.

I thought Wally showed really well in first half.
    Blanchfield and Ryan showed really well also. Got on a lot of ball and won frees. Delaney was good on Seamie C but needs to playfrom front a bit more. Got a few flicks in but I'd like him to be out in front first but he recovers well.

Overall, league is 2 wins and 2 losses. Not too bad as new players have got a run out and gained vital experience. Div. 1A is very tight so if we finish 3rd or 4th, we play 1st or 2nd in 1B in quarter final, by my reckoning.

Scruff is Scruff. Best KK goalie ever in my opinion!

[QUOTE=C
    Scruff is Scruff. Best KK goalie ever in my opinion![/QUOTE]

Ah young lad dont be losing the run of yourself now, no one not even Scruff is as Good as Ollie Walsh at his best. Ollie could liven a dull match make simple saves look wonderful and wonderful saves look simple all the time being belted from pillar to post by savages disguising themselves as forwards.

Ah young lad dont be losing the run of yourself now, no one not even Scruff is as Good as Ollie Walsh at his best. Ollie could liven a dull match make simple saves look wonderful and wonderful saves look simple all the time being belted from pillar to post by savages disguising themselves as forwards.

David Herrity was one of our best keepers!

Conor martin ,ger malone. not as hood as walsh or bolget for me.probably all irrelevant as tj colin ans afrian mullen +ger awlyard to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

David Herrity was our worst keeper in my opinion

Why even bother posting this. Absolutely no need for it.

Agree 100%

I beg to differ. But definitely no need for your reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

David Herrity was our worst keeper in my opinion

Very unfair comment and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭brookville

Happy with the win today both teams wont get carried away its early days.We knew we werent as bad as ladt week and the few mins before half time finished it as a contest.
    i thought we should of went in ahead by more at half time we drove 3 poor wides in the lead up but maybe worrying for us was when wally got tied up in the 2nd half we struggled badly and went a long time without a score.Sheamie missed a few handy frees by his standard to keep us in the game but infairness to our lads we fought to the end.
    i thought our backs much more organised today it was good to see cleere put in a good shift we know he has great potential.
    i think padraig could be a real option at mf as he can attack and defend.Billy again looked very lively and blanchfield after a lively start went out of it.

brookville wrote: »
    i think padraig could be a real option at mf as he can attack and defend.Billy again looked very lively and blanchfield after a lively start went out of it.

Blanchfield was excellent until he was clobbered. He looked very shook and was down for a while. I was surprised he was allowed to continue instead of being taken off until he had recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭brookville

brookville wrote: »

Blanchfield was excellent until he was clobbered. He looked very shook and was down for a while. I was surprised he was allowed to continue instead of being taken off until he had recovered.
    yea i agree he looked rattled after it and hadnt the same impact after it probably should of being replaced.It was good to see him out in front and his touch was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

Hopeful signs from Conor Delaney and Tommy Walsh and great to see Richie Hogan back on the pitch. Worth seeing Padraig Walsh in midfield also. Paul Murphy back in his best position. Wouldn't be getting carried away as we struggle against teams playing a running game or sweeper system e.g. teams like Wexford. Also we are not scoring enough goals. If I was to take a stab at a championship side with everyone being fit.
    Eoin Murphy
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Conor Delaney
    Cillian Buckley
    Walter
    Richie Hogan
    TJ
    Billy Ryan
    Blanch
    Adrian Mullen

blackcard wrote: »
    Hopeful signs from Conor Delaney and Tommy Walsh and great to see Richie Hogan back on the pitch. Worth seeing Padraig Walsh in midfield also. Paul Murphy back in his best position. Wouldn't be getting carried away as we struggle against teams playing a running game or sweeper system e.g. teams like Wexford. Also we are not scoring enough goals. If I was to take a stab at a championship side with everyone being fit.
    Eoin Murphy
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Conor Delaney
    Cillian Buckley
    Walter
    Richie Hogan
    TJ
    Billy Ryan
    Blanch
    Adrian Mullen

It's also worth noting the players you haven't picked aswell like donnelly, mossy, browne either leahy or maher, aylward and wheather they will give cody a go given his form, then add the likes off Connor Kelly and ciaran brennan we seem to be putting together a serious panel with good depth

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Eoin Murphy
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Conor Delaney
    Cillian Buckley
    Walter
    Richie Hogan
    TJ
    Billy Ryan
    Blanch
    Adrian Mullen

We might struggle to win many matches with 13 men!😉

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

Garyp88 wrote: »
    It's also worth noting the players you haven't picked aswell like donnelly, mossy, browne either leahy or maher, aylward and wheather they will give cody a go given his form, then add the likes off Connor Kelly and ciaran brennan we seem to be putting together a serious panel with good depth

Cody is 18 and Conor Kelly and Ciaran Brennan are 17. They are 2 or 3 years away from being contenders yet.

Garyp88 wrote: »

Cody is 18 and Conor Kelly and Ciaran Brennan are 17. They are 2 or 3 years away from being contenders yet.

I know that the point I was making is there will be some good depth when these lads mature and can step up. Something that hasn't really been there for the last 2/3 years. There should be constant pressure to get in the 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭blackcard

Eoin Murphy
    Paul Murphy
    Huw Lawlor
    Tommy Walsh
    Conor Fogarty
    Conor Delaney
    Cillian Buckley
    Walter
    Richie Hogan
    TJ
    Billy Ryan
    Blanch