Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brookville

Powerhouse wrote: »
    conor05 wrote: »

Or Mick Fennelly.

With the immobility he showed for long parts of that game today I’d say inter county teams would rub their hands in glee at the thought of it. He did a bit of stand up hurling towards the end but anyone who genuinely thinks he’d survive at inter county is delusional. I even thought he even looked a considerably bigger around the mid-section than a few years back. His brother looks finished as an inter county force too.
    michael wouldnt be up to inter county at this stage he done well to get what he did out of himself he had a great career and does hold the shamrocks well together and is a great presence for them especially at this time of the year.
    As for the number 6 position infairness deegan hasnt done to bad so far but maybe his not tidy enough.He could yet try padraig there we dont know.
    i thought the comment bout colin was a small bit harsh.We know at this stage after a good match he usually follows up a few stinkers but tonight with limited possession he was a threat and should of had a penalty and coughlin was up on his back for most of it.His still a threat no matter what granted he doesnt know himself what he'll do with the next ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

brookville wrote: »
    michael wouldnt be up to inter county at this stage he done well to get what he did out of himself he had a great career and does hold the shamrocks well together and is a great presence for them especially at this time of the year.
    As for the number 6 position infairness deegan hasnt done to bad so far but maybe his not tidy enough.He could yet try padraig there we dont know.
    i thought the comment bout colin was a small bit harsh.We know at this stage after a good match he usually follows up a few stinkers but tonight with limited possession he was a threat and should of had a penalty and coughlin was up on his back for most of it.His still a threat no matter what granted he doesnt know himself what he'll do with the next ball.
    colin fennelly maybe hit and miss but finished he is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

conor05 wrote: »
    Not a hope. Would be cleaned out by a good centre forward.

Sure he was cleaned out in the county final last year. Bennettsbridge management whipped him out of centre back because he was getting cleaned.

He is not in good shape and the Kilkenny management have expressed strongly that he needs to buck up. His fitness is an issue with Cody.

Hence he hasn't featured at all in the league thus year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Are you calling Mick Fennelly fat? I can categorically tell you he is still in serious nick

You are the only one who mentioned “fat”. That’s a subjective term anyway as indeed is “serious nick”. For some people 12% body fat would be “savage fit”, for others it’d be borderline obesity. So that’d be a pointless discussion. Especially on the internet where everything is bigger and better.

I just he looks bigger and bulkier than before. It would be surprising if he could do (given the talk of his injuries) or was doing cardio is the same way as five or six years ago. To my mind it is the natural life cycle of someone who struggles with constantly present injuries. But the point I was answering was the crazy proposition that he had some kind of role at centre back at inter county. That was the context of the remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Slightly on this topic,if there is anyone from the Danesford club on here,they should start closing their gates. I pass the club maybe 10/15 times a week sometimes after midnight, and every time the gates are wide open. It's the cultural crowd taking over the car park that I do be thinking about,not this mindless shîť.

Poor Jim Mcgrath rip patrolled those gates so well he made sure everything was right in that ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 SpinMaster21

If I had to pick a centre back I'd go mick fennelly

Was thinking the other night the options defensively we have. The fight for jerseys will be on. Few panellists would want to up it big time or the "new brigade" will take over earlier than expected

JHolden/Murphy/Lawlor/Morrissey/Deegan/Delaney/T Walsh/P Walsh/Buckley/D Mullen/Cleere/E Shefflin

Still need something more up front. Mullen will be a great Hurler. Dare I say what's the story with John Walsh, brilliant Hurler why isn't he on panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Was thinking the other night the options defensively we have. The fight for jerseys will be on. Few panellists would want to up it big time or the "new brigade" will take over earlier than expected

JHolden/Murphy/Lawlor/Morrissey/Deegan/Delaney/T Walsh/P Walsh/Buckley/D Mullen/Cleere/E Shefflin

Still need something more up front. Mullen will be a great Hurler. Dare I say what's the story with John Walsh, brilliant Hurler why isn't he on panel ?
    ooh jesus are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Village87

Garyp88 wrote: »
    Jason cleere

Would want to starting hurling fairly quickly to be in contention for center back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Know it's a long shot, ....Anyone at the ballyhale match last night happen to find a wallet by any chance? Not too worried bout the bank cards, but gutted my season ticket was in it 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

Dunnamaggin game is live on TG4 YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

deise08 wrote: »
    Know it's a long shot, ....Anyone at the ballyhale match last night happen to find a wallet by any chance? Not too worried bout the bank cards, but gutted my season ticket was in it 😫
    They'll reissue your season ticket if it's lost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

robwen wrote: »
    Dunnamaggin game is live on TG4 YouTube

Fair play to them, great to see hickey on the croke park field one more time, thanks for the link robwen!

well done to dunnamaggin today but hard luck to castleblaney who were fantastic and gave a great performance. dunnamaggin took the lead on the home straight to get over the line but were pushed very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭conor05

well done to dunnamaggin today but hard luck to castleblaney who were fantastic and gave a great performance. dunnamaggin took the lead on the home straight to get over the line but were pushed very hard.

The Castleblaney captain said during the week most of the team play Senior football in Monaghan, you could see that in their play. They were super fit and fast all over the field, they constantly hooked and blocked the Dunamaggin players.

Was an enjoyable game and Dunamaggin got a few extra scores in the final 5 mins to get over the line.

Makes sense though:)

Carlow is on their doorstep too to be fair

Fair play to Dunnamaggin they dug in when they needed to most. Great club with great people

it'll be intresting to see will many players get called in later in the year with such a small club window to show form.Maybe if a lad hurled well with the u20s but other than that it'll probably be hard get in.
    sean morrissey has being going well recently for dcu but with a few injured lads coming back it could be hard make that team.A very good hurler on his day hopefully he might get another chance.

Should be another great challenge for our lads next sunday with the all ireland champions coming to town.They have really kicked on from last year.There half back line is a real launch pad so hopefully our fowards fare a better in the air while their fowards do a lot of moving creating space,walter would be a big addition if available but we probably wont see a huge amount of changes hopefully padraig will start on the half back line and leahy out around mid field.Hopefully donnelly,delaney,billy ryan and browne get through their fitzgibbon ok during the week because they've all done well for us in the first two matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Congrats to Dunnamaggin today, I'm delighted for them. I have a brother-in-law from there, and two young nieces who will be reared there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well done Dunnamaggin/Dunamaggin/Dunamaggan/Dunamaggan ! Super stuff and well deserved, even after beating my own club on their way.... :)

Well done Ballyhale also. Good display.

How long does it take for Omahony to take a free?!!? Free given, 'maor' runs on and hands him the towel, he dries the ball, he dries the hurley, stands over it, lines it up ….. Must take nearly 2mins every time !

Golfers take less time on the tee box , or lining a putt !! It was painful to sit there watching his 'ritual' every time.

Couldn't see Ballyhale getting beaten in the final .

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭conor05

greenspurs wrote: »
    Well done Dunnamaggin/Dunamaggin/Dunamaggan/Dunamaggan ! Super stuff and well deserved, even after beating my own club on their way.... :)

Well done Ballyhale also. Good display.

How long does it take for Omahony to take a free?!!? Free given, 'maor' runs on and hands him the towel, he dries the ball, he dries the hurley, stands over it, lines it up ….. Must take nearly 2mins every time !

Golfers take less time on the tee box , or lining a putt !! It was painful to sit there watching his 'ritual' every time.

I expect St Thomas will be a much stiffer challenge than BG. BG basically relied on O Mahonys frees to stay in the game. St Thomas scored around 0-14 from play and had about 8 difference scorers. Better players all round the pitch than BG
    Galway clubs have a decent record on St Patrick’s day.

In saying that some of the younger lads for Ballyhale really stood up, Mullen’s, Cody etc.

Has the makings of a brilliant final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

greenspurs wrote: »

Hard to see it though St Thomas will have more about them than Ballygunner. It hasn't been a vintage club championship. Maybe we'll get a good final.

Brian Cody probably not best pleased with ballyhale winning. Not going to get the ballyhale lads in until near May now with club match on the 21st April. Really unsettles Kilkenny preperation for the championship.

Village87 wrote: »
    Brian Cody probably not best pleased with ballyhale winning. Not going to get the ballyhale lads in until near May now with club match on the 21st April. Really unsettles Kilkenny preperation for the championship.
    i know where your coming at and its sometimes hard to integrate players back into a system etc but for the last few years we were giving out how the club scene has dropped so i wouldnt have to many complaints although id prefer to have them in but i suppose it didnt do limerick any harm last year.I'm sure playing in a club all ireland with family and neighbours is every players dream.
    At the moment we're getting quailty game time into younger players while staying very competitive and some are standing up as leaders.if a lad is showing a bit of form in may in training cody wont be afraid to throw him in.

i know where your coming at and its sometimes hard to integrate players back into a system etc but for the last few years we were giving out how the club scene has dropped so i wouldnt have to many complaints although id prefer to have them in but i suppose it didnt do limerick any harm last year.I'm sure playing in a club all ireland with family and neighbours is every players dream.
    At the moment we're getting quailty game time into younger players while staying very competitive and some are standing up as leaders.if a lad is showing a bit of form in may in training cody wont be afraid to throw him in.

Yeah I agree with all that. It’s great that the clubs are getting the 3 games in April and May. Limerick effectively didn’t use Na Piarsigh until June onwards with Mike Casey the only starter. Just goes to show the strength Limerick have at the moment.

Willie Phelan is back to his best this year and is a born leader for club, John Fitz been scoring well all year and Cody is a real prospect.

Hopefully lads get rewarded for their performances and dunnamagin are on the road 12 months performing solidly

Willie Phelan is back to his best this year and is a born leader for club, John Fitz been scoring well all year and Cody is a real prospect.

Hopefully lads get rewarded for their performances and dunnamagin are on the road 12 months performing solidly

Anyone good enough for senior? Willie Phelan was on the panel for years. Got plenty of chances.

Watching that Fitz semi final here. Conor Delaney got cleaned by Shane Kingston in the first half, lacks pace. Conor Browne poor with position. Billy Ryan looks dangerous. John Donnelly and Darren Mullen on as game goes to extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Do we dump Delany, Brown over the bridge then, the two of them gave a good account of there selves in Ennis last sunday week.

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Do we dump Delany, Brown over the bridge then, the two of them gave a good account of there selves in Ennis last sunday week.

No was just highlighting the performances. Coleman and Fitzgibbon were also below average. Been a poor campaign for Kilkenny players in Fitzgibbon

Joe Daly wrote: »

No was just highlighting the performances. Coleman and Fitzgibbon were also below average. Been a poor campaign for Kilkenny players in Fitzgibbon
    bit of a suprise tonight dcu beaten in extra time i seen only a few mins of it james bergin was full foward and morrisey was corner foward delaney was at 6.I seen conor browne being interviewed at the end for ucc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Your negativity is exhausting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement