Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭kk.man

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Cant see that team starting as the bench looks stronger IMO
    I think last year v wexford our bench was not strong. Hence Cody isn't going to have the same problem this year.
    I was surprised Blanchfield regained his place. I think this maybe the 4th time only Cody has named the same team to start consecutive championship matches. Its certainly in the single figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭brookville

i was reading somewhere that we've only scored ten points from play in our first 3 championship matches which is a very poor return.Whatever six fowards take to the field this evening we need the fowards to make an impression and trouble the scoreboard.We know how wexford will set up we've had a week off and we're at home we cant have any excuses tonight.Best of luck to players and management tonight should be a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

brookville wrote: »
    i was reading somewhere that we've only scored ten points from play in our first 3 championship matches which is a very poor return.Whatever six fowards take to the field this evening we need the fowards to make an impression and trouble the scoreboard.We know how wexford will set up we've had a week off and we're at home we cant have any excuses tonight.Best of luck to players and management tonight should be a good atmosphere.

Not sure about that stat...

From play:
    vs Galway: 1-2
    vs Offaly: 2-14
    vs Dublin: 1-10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭brookville

Not sure about that stat...

From play:
    vs Galway: 1-2
    vs Offaly: 2-14
    vs Dublin: 1-10

maybe it was apart from tj we've only scored something like ten points from play.sorry for getting my wires crossed but needless to say we need a big game from our attckers tonight.

maybe it was apart from tj we've only scored something like ten points from play.sorry for getting my wires crossed but needless to say we need a big game from our attckers tonight.

It might be related to scores in the first half or something. Anyway, as you said, we need a big game from our attackers tonight. We do need to score more from play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Boro through to the File semi final tomorrow at 1pm

They had their tightest game yet against Clarinbridge winning out 1-7 to 1-4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The other side of that is he's picking the starting six based on their CURRENT form, which is also awful. The performance by the forwards the last day was among the worst I've seen from a Kilkenny team in the Cody era. I agree that fennelly was bad coming in but if they don't come out all guns blazing to prove that they aren't the team that we saw the last day, then I'll be extremely pessimistic for the future.

But I have a good feeling they'll be playing with a bit of fire in the belly. I fully expect to see Hogan get a run alright. No idea what to make of Leahy, gone right off the boil. This isn't a do or die match, but it's one where a lot of lads should have a point to prove. If they don't play accordingly it'll be an important match for the wrong reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Given the lack of training between games, its difficult for lads on the bench to stake a claim for a starting spot. One of the downsides to this format.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Ffs Sky showing extra time of Meath v Tyrone which btw has been shiiiiiiiiiite

0-5 to 0-5... For those of us stuck watching the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

How have they started?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wexford 0-8 0-5 in front

Wexford leading by 2 now. 0-5 to 0-7

This is un****ing believeable.

This is embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

An embarrassingly bad start from Kilkenny. Woeful balls out from the back, and pot shots from terrible angles going wide.

Shocking least everyone can holiday in August

Men against boys, Sheehan and Scanlon being thrown around like rag dolls up there.

Just hope the intensity will take its toll in the second half like a boxer punching there self out

2 points scored from play after 33 minutes... Shameful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭me89

No shape to the forwards. Wexford backs winning every 50/50 ball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is Freddie Flintoff wearing a Kilkenny jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mercury16

Backs standing looking at the forwards. Similar forwards are not in front andnit running lines to bring the Wexford back out of position. Kk are asleep. No surprise, the same as last year. None of the new players have any fight. C O Shea and Morrissey??? Omg

Get him in the fowards

Garyp88 wrote: »

Get him in the fowards
    We could do with a few googlies.

mercury16 wrote: »
    Backs standing looking at the forwards. Similar forwards are not in front andnit running lines to bring the Wexford back out of position. Kk are asleep. No surprise, the same as last year. None of the new players have any fight. C O Shea and Morrissey??? Omg

Interlink play between kk is non existent.
    Kk forwards are lazy, and are killing the backs.

A bit of fight from kk and we’re back to two points.

Great comeback, but jesus some sloppy frees given away keeping Wexford in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Oh YESSSS...me heart!!!

• Advertisement

Like I said they punched there self out dick turpin spotted again in a kilkenny shirt coming from 9 down takes some effort. Seemed more like the kilkenny we know 2nd half. Blanchfields presence changed the game and leahy was effective

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement