Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Village87 wrote: »
    How do you even go about getting to Galmoy

Not sure if serious but you turn off the Johnstown-Durrow road... They have a covered stand iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

How do you even go about getting to Galmoy

Full County Kilkenny GAA clubs
    https://goo.gl/maps/Ame4jcA5jH6ojJaV6

Please consult this map

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kkclubhurling

So haven't posted about the match since the defeat and firstly congrats to Waterford they were by far the better team and played with great purpose and once they settled there was only going to be one winner. The rest of this post has nothing to do with Waterford or any other county.

So I had a pop at Cody a few times on here and I've defended him on here. Sad to say he 100% has to go now I said it before but thought he might have changed things and adapted and from what I've found out about this and last years set up I cannot countenance that he could stay over the team. Now we all know the county board won't remove him, the players also respect him too much to organise a Cork style rebellion but he needs to see that the writing is on the wall and his way no longer works. I've thought in the past that once he had these lads long enough that they would learn to think for themselves on the field as is Cody's way. I now realise that, that way doesn't work in the game anymore as it did with our great team of the past. The way teams have changed their approach in the last 5-6 years, makes it idiotic to take to the field without some form of game plan and a plan b that have been practised. We do not do this in anyway and unless you have a plan and an alternative your not going to win an All Ireland anytime soon. These game plans don't need to be complex they just need to be a bit smarter than lumping the ball from anywhere in defence and balls coming down with snow on them which any defence now will eat up unless your TJ Reid.

The most shocking indictment that I heard the last few days and from an impeccable source is that we never once practised the short game in training. That is absolutely staggering, It might be one thing if they hadn't done it before the Dublin match but then said "Jesus we need to practice that" nope they obviously decided to just wing it again and again!!!!! Our best performance last year was against Limerick and I also just heard that we would have gone out like we did against Waterford this year except two of our selectors pestered Cody to allow them practice a plan they had for that game. He eventually relented and he didn't bother getting involved in those sessions and just left the two selectors at it for a week. We got that great performance out of them and then it all went back to Cody's way. Those who say we don't have the players I think are being unfair as we're judging these guys against teams that are actually coached and have some game plans to combat the opposition our lads are just asked to go out and give it 110%. That s*** used to work but not anymore against teams set up properly. That we've won any games is testament to quality of players we have and the intensity Cody demands. If we actually coached them a bit and gave them a game plan what could they do?

Darren Mullen walked off the panel on Wednesday night after not being selected in the 26. I think he was dead right to do that, Cody dropped him after a poor showing in the challenge against Waterford and never gave him a sniff after that. One of the best backs in the county if not the country and not being given a chance is just scandalous and frankly petty from Cody.

DJ didn't turn up to the Dublin match after his young lad was dropped from the panel. He has been acting like a scolded child since by all accounts. Thats not Cody's fault but doesn't add to the cohesion of the setup.

To have double All Ireland club champions and three in a row county champions yet we're only starting 2 of them and only having a few more on the panel is crazy too. I think Cody has put his faith in a particular style of player and ignores does that don't fit, which isn't good enough anymore.

I now fully believe if Cody stays we will not win another All Ireland he doesn't give the players the leg up that all other mangers and coaches are giving their teams. We don't have a coach in there and they don't do coaching, how do they expect guys to improve!!!

We're the only top county that hasn't hired a professional S&C coach and most counties have a fulltime position that looks after Senior, U20, minor, academy players advises clubs and schools. This is one of the main reasons why we can't get any success at underage. Galway, Limerick and others have set up academys and have the top talents selected not sent by clubs and they are given top level coaching and S&C from a young age so when their 19 20 their ready to step up. With the level of talent we have in the county if we put a proper structure in place we could rise to the top again.

This is not having a go at Cody I'm one of his biggest fans but the fact he won't move with the times and adapt his style of management is leading to him tarnishing his own reputation. If he stays much longer he is going to continue breaking the wrong kinds of records which he has already done. These players are exposed to proper coaching and setups at Fitzgibbon and even within their own clubs sometimes, going into the county set up now must seem like going backwards.

This is the first time that everyone I know thinks Cody should go including a few people who know him really well and who would have never said he should go but he's starting to loose the crowd now. We don't want him to be like Alex Ferguson be the best and longest manager English soccer had seen but he left a mess for those that followed by staying too long and appointing his own successor.

I still don't think he will walk away but he should and to immense plaudits and thanks from all Kilkenny people.

I will firstly start off by declaring I’m 100% totally behind Cody as Kilkenny manager for at least one more full and somewhat normal season (hopefully).

While I am not questioning the truth of the above, I think it’s underhand to post in such a nature, alluding to whats going on inside the camp in a nature which indicates you are privy to the inner workings. Perhaps you are. However in my opinion when speaking in such a definitive manner, unless you are willing to name your source/sources of information then maybe you shouldn’t post so freely.

You have essentially set in motion rumours about DJ, about the competence of Cody and about one players inter county future and again I’m not saying you’re wrong or right but without proof how can we know?

I understand it’s fairly common place on a forum for rumours etc to fly around and I’ve no doubt posted a few myself in relation to injuries or guys linked with clubs but I personally feel the above is a bit much.

I will firstly start off by declaring I’m 100% totally behind Cody as Kilkenny manager for at least one more full and somewhat normal season (hopefully).

While I am not questioning the truth of the above, I think it’s underhand to post in such a nature, alluding to whats going on inside the camp in a nature which indicates you are privy to the inner workings. Perhaps you are. However in my opinion when speaking in such a definitive manner, unless you are willing to name your source/sources of information then maybe you shouldn’t post so freely.

You have essentially set in motion rumours about DJ, about the competence of Cody and about one players inter county future and again I’m not saying you’re wrong or right but without proof how can we know?

I understand it’s fairly common place on a forum for rumours etc to fly around and I’ve no doubt posted a few myself in relation to injuries or guys linked with clubs but I personally feel the above is a bit much.

Well I'm not going to say publicly where I heard these things you can choose to believe them or not that's up to you. I personally am not privy to what goes on in the county setup, never have been anywhere close to it but I know a few people who have been. The only reason I included anything about DJ is that people asked where he has been that they hadn't seen him so I was providing an answer. The language may have been over the top and I will amend but that is what I have been told.

I'm not doubting Cody's competence, he's a highly intelligent and successful man, far more than I have ever been in my life but that doesn't mean if he's doing something wrong that it shouldn't be discussed. What I'm definitely starting to doubt is his willingness to change his ways and his views on the game, I really thought he would. In fact we most definitely should be discussing what has gone wrong since 2016 and if we bury our head in the sand and hoping things improve thats a recipe for disaster. To be honest it has little impact if discussed on here but should really be discussed at county board and club level. This issue is far deeper than an issue with the senior team and Brian Cody we have sleep walked into a situation where we are only competitive because we have so many young lads mad to play hurling some are bound to be good. Without a proper setup for young players to be brought along we're relying solely on clubs and that's pot luck of who takes charge of club underage teams all good intent but the knowledge may not be there. Perhaps some of my language was overly emotional but it's how I feel about the situation.

I don't see any player I called into question perhaps I did but I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

There are only 3 clubs in the city and environs as it's called. This area has a population of about 30,000. Each team has junior teams, in fact OLG's junior team is intermediate since last year. The Dicksboro Junior team were in the county final and could have gone up too but were beaten but Conahy. If you look at the likes of Portlaoise with one club for roughly the same population you see Kilkenny's situation is not that bad. If you look at the parishes O'Loughlins/Johns Parish has about 11,000 people as does James Stephens/St Patricks parish, the Dicksboro/ St Canices & St Marys parishes has about a 8,000 population. The only club that has two parishes is the smallest and the Dicksboro is in St Canices and the majority of the population live there. St Mary's would be the logical location but it's a very small parish with a small population.

I would not be in favour of a 4th club in the city but what I would be in favour of is that you give guys from the city, up to say 21, the option of joining a selection of clubs in the county that are struggling for numbers. The countyboard would draw up a list of say 10 clubs every year that are struggling for numbers and a guy from the city up to 21 can pick that team as his home team and then the same rules apply. If one particular country club gets a glut of players in one year or over a few years they are removed from the list and a more deserving club given the option to join the list. This way you are supporting clubs with a heritage and history and the rural communities the serve while also giving lads in the city not good enough to make a senior or junior panel currently but with ambitions of playing regularly a chance to join a club that can push back against their demise. This happens in soccer in the county why wouldn't it work in hurling. It obviously has to be monitored and teams removed from the list so you don't create the superclubs which lead to the introduction of the parish rule in the first place.

For instance I would suggest a list of something like Threecastles, Clooneen, Carrigeen, Windgap, Galmoy, Graiguenamanagh, Blacks and Whites, Barrow Rangers, Dunnamaggin, Carrickshock, John Lockes, Tullaroan. I know Tullaroan are senior but nearly every lad of playing age in the parish is lining out could they challenge at senior if they had a few imports? That would be the general idea anyway.

So send lads to rural clubs train and coach them until they are up to your standards and then take them back.no thanks we will work with what we have

• Advertisement

So send lads to rural clubs train and coach them until they are up to your standards and then take them back.no thanks we will work with what we have

No the idea would be that they can't go back to the city clubs once they decide to go they stay there or they pack it in.

So haven't posted about the match since the defeat and firstly congrats to Waterford they were by far the better team and played with great purpose and once they settled there was only going to be one winner. The rest of this post has nothing to do with Waterford or any other county.

So I had a pop at Cody a few times on here and I've defended him on here. Sad to say he 100% has to go now I said it before but thought he might have changed things and adapted and from what I've found out about this and last years set up I cannot countenance that he could stay over the team. Now we all know the county board won't remove him, the players also respect him too much to organise a Cork style rebellion but he needs to see that the writing is on the wall and his way no longer works. I've thought in the past that once he had these lads long enough that they would learn to think for themselves on the field as is Cody's way. I now realise that, that way doesn't work in the game anymore as it did with our great team of the past. The way teams have changed their approach in the last 5-6 years, makes it idiotic to take to the field without some form of game plan and a plan b that have been practised. We do not do this in anyway and unless you have a plan and an alternative your not going to win an All Ireland anytime soon. These game plans don't need to be complex they just need to be a bit smarter than lumping the ball from anywhere in defence and balls coming down with snow on them which any defence now will eat up unless your TJ Reid.

The most shocking indictment that I heard the last few days and from an impeccable source is that we never once practised the short game in training. That is absolutely staggering, It might be one thing if they hadn't done it before the Dublin match but then said "Jesus we need to practice that" nope they obviously decided to just wing it again and again!!!!! Our best performance last year was against Limerick and I also just heard that we would have gone out like we did against Waterford this year except two of our selectors pestered Cody to allow them practice a plan they had for that game. He eventually relented and he didn't bother getting involved in those sessions and just left the two selectors at it for a week. We got that great performance out of them and then it all went back to Cody's way. Those who say we don't have the players I think are being unfair as we're judging these guys against teams that are actually coached and have some game plans to combat the opposition our lads are just asked to go out and give it 110%. That s*** used to work but not anymore against teams set up properly. That we've won any games is testament to quality of players we have and the intensity Cody demands. If we actually coached them a bit and gave them a game plan what could they do?

Darren Mullen walked off the panel on Wednesday night after not being selected in the 26. I think he was dead right to do that, Cody dropped him after a poor showing in the challenge against Waterford and never gave him a sniff after that. One of the best backs in the county if not the country and not being given a chance is just scandalous and frankly petty from Cody.

DJ didn't turn up to the Dublin match after his young lad was dropped from the panel. He has been acting like a scolded child since by all accounts. Thats not Cody's fault but doesn't add to the cohesion of the setup.

To have double All Ireland club champions and three in a row county champions yet we're only starting 2 of them and only having a few more on the panel is crazy too. I think Cody has put his faith in a particular style of player and ignores does that don't fit, which isn't good enough anymore.

I now fully believe if Cody stays we will not win another All Ireland he doesn't give the players the leg up that all other mangers and coaches are giving their teams. We don't have a coach in there and they don't do coaching, how do they expect guys to improve!!!

We're the only top county that hasn't hired a professional S&C coach and most counties have a fulltime position that looks after Senior, U20, minor, academy players advises clubs and schools. This is one of the main reasons why we can't get any success at underage. Galway, Limerick and others have set up academys and have the top talents selected not sent by clubs and they are given top level coaching and S&C from a young age so when their 19 20 their ready to step up. With the level of talent we have in the county if we put a proper structure in place we could rise to the top again.

This is not having a go at Cody I'm one of his biggest fans but the fact he won't move with the times and adapt his style of management is leading to him tarnishing his own reputation. If he stays much longer he is going to continue breaking the wrong kinds of records which he has already done. These players are exposed to proper coaching and setups at Fitzgibbon and even within their own clubs sometimes, going into the county set up now must seem like going backwards.

This is the first time that everyone I know thinks Cody should go including a few people who know him really well and who would have never said he should go but he's starting to loose the crowd now. We don't want him to be like Alex Ferguson be the best and longest manager English soccer had seen but he left a mess for those that followed by staying too long and appointing his own successor.

I still don't think he will walk away but he should and to immense plaudits and thanks from all Kilkenny people.

Its amazing to hear the talk of how the new systems are causing cody to look like a dinosaur. When you look at the Waterford style its peak cody .wing forwards working back the field like larkin and Wally did for years .a strong halfback line that hold their positions and ability to win your own puckouts . because that's all Waterford done for the goals won their puckouts one pass and goal chance created. Don't get confused by the lads on the Sunday game trying to turn hurling into
    Some kind of scientific doctorate to justify their wages.

No the idea would be that they can't go back to the city clubs once they decide to go they stay there or they pack it in.

The danger is locals slip through the net then.which i have seen happen when clubs join together .

The danger is locals slip through the net then.which i have seen happen when clubs join together .

I'm not suggesting amalgamating clubs only to add an injection of playing numbers your probably only talking a player or 2 max 5, a year to most clubs. The club's can obviously not take players if they don't feel they need more numbers. Most country clubs are looking for numbers that's my point, try and save what we have rather than try build something from scratch outlay for pitch, clubhouse, gym, scoreboard etc etc. Most country clubs have great facilities why not expose more people to them.

Its amazing to hear the talk of how the new systems are causing cody to look like a dinosaur. When you look at the Waterford style its peak cody .wing forwards working back the field like larkin and Wally did for years .a strong halfback line that hold their positions and ability to win your own puckouts . because that's all Waterford done for the goals won their puckouts one pass and goal chance created. Don't get confused by the lads on the Sunday game trying to turn hurling into

I don't think hurling is anyway complex and at its best it's a simple game. However if a team lines up with an extra man at the back you need to have an idea of how to play against that and the basics of what your trying to achieve. We have very rarely dealt with a extra man in defence effectively. If we're going to use a short puck out you have to practice that to get proficient at it and it demands that other backs are moving and running off the defender who gets the ball to give an option and as it's worked forward to where it can be delivered into the forwards other players have to be aware they may need to funnel back encase it breaks down and your not left exposed. It's simple stuff when done well and everyone is on the same hyme sheet. You can't tell me that our players didn't look confused and unsure on Saturday night cause I saw multiple examples of lads not sure how they were to play.

• Advertisement

I saw 5 of our backs losing their positions to their direct opponents
    So thats your starting point
    If i recall clare with Alan markam as a sweeper in 2004 under Daly in thurles.was our first introduction to a sweeper we done alright since.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Peak Cody is what we did with our POs in 2nd half on Sat. Nearly every one of them lumped down on top of half frwd line(Wally). Very little return. What do we do? Same thing over and over again! We get to regroup at the waterbreak and change to the PO strategy we had Vs Galway? No, same thing over and over. Waterford would not have kept doing this. They are a very well coached team. Kilkenny are not. Some of the comments previously highlighting the lack of coaching, if true, are mind boggling. It could even end up driving certain players away. We've all heard rumors of the players wanting a bit of (nothing drastic) a variation to our style of play and what they were told in response. I fear for the next couple of years

I saw 5 of our backs losing their positions to their direct opponents
    So thats your starting point
    If i recall clare with Alan markam as a sweeper in 2004 under Daly in thurles.was our first introduction to a sweeper we done alright since.
    How's our record against Wexford recently?

Wexford have won a single leinster title since 2004 .And looking at them this year it could be as long again.

Peak Cody is what we did with our POs in 2nd half on Sat. Nearly every one of them lumped down on top of half frwd line(Wally). Very little return. What do we do? Same thing over and over again! We get to regroup at the waterbreak and change to the PO strategy we had Vs Galway? No, same thing over and over. Waterford would not have kept doing this. They are a very well coached team. Kilkenny are not. Some of the comments previously highlighting the lack of coaching, if true, are mind boggling. It could even end up driving certain players away. We've all heard rumors of the players wanting a bit of (nothing drastic) a variation to our style of play and what they were told in response. I fear for the next couple of years

Galway had a short puckout strategy and and will probably have to give the whole winter answering questions about it.I feel sweepers are hiding place for players looking for a magical way of gaining possession. Ultimately against the better teams it becomes unstuck. Clare 2013
    Are probably the only team that got over the line with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

If Darren Mullen walked off the panel..that to me says as much about him as anything else.. surely you would put your head down and work harder..its well documented how hard the great tj had to work to become one of the all time greats..if he had sulked and walked away imagine the loss to himself and the hurling would.. that's not to dismiss all the points made re cody as I too feel his time may have come.. it appears to me the back room team are irrelevant as he doesn't listen to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭kksaints

If Darren Mullen walked off the panel..that to me says as much about him as anything else.. surely you would put your head down and work harder..its well documented how hard the great tj had to work to become one of the all time greats..if he had sulked and walked away imagine the loss to himself and the hurling would.. that's not to dismiss all the points made re cody as I too feel his time may have come.. it appears to me the back room team are irrelevant as he doesn't listen to them

Depends sometimes if a manager doesn't fancy a player then no amount of hard work will make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭droppingball

Doesn't reflect well on Mullen for me when he is so early in his career. You have to give it some time and if you cant change managers mind then you walk, not this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Wexford have won a single leinster title since 2004 .And looking at them this year it could be as long again.

Exactly, so why have they got so much joy out of Kilkenny in last 3-4 years when they have invariably struggled in same period against likes of Galway, Clare and Waterford?

Davy gets a lot of credit for transforming wexford. But they had won leinster u21 in 13,14,15 and thats the spine of that team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

If Darren Mullen walked off the panel..that to me says as much about him as anything else.. surely you would put your head down and work harder..its well documented how hard the great tj had to work to become one of the all time greats..if he had sulked and walked away imagine the loss to himself and the hurling would.. that's not to dismiss all the points made re Cody as I too feel his time may have come.. it appears to me the backroom team are irrelevant as he doesn't listen to them

Probably not a great comparison
    8 years ago TJ was so disillusioned with being constantly dropped or subbed he was a hair's breadth away from packing in inter-county hurling.

BC has been very tough and unsparing with highly touted young stars over years (TJ, Hogan, Power, Cha)
    Cody was a brilliant underage player himself and I have always felt the harsh way he was treated after an initial stellar early career framed him
    ie
    "If I had to put up with it, they can too"

But it is a very fine line and we could very easily be having an altogether diff analysis of TJ in 2020
    "Jeez, yer man Reid was a good player but very headstrong, didn't put it in enough, couldn't be talked to, pity, he could have been a good one"

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭davidx40

Can anyone confirm if DJ was at match Saturday

davidx40 wrote: »

He definitely was, I was talking to Micky Walsh who was doing the radio for KCLR and asked him he said he was on the sideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

As well has cody has done he is totally out of his depth with this new style of hurling. Years ago teams feared kilkenny and some teams capitulated just at the thought of playing them now it's totally the other way no one fears them. Alot of teams have improved and moved forward where as kilkenny are stuck in the 2010s.

Work rates and guile don't win matches anymore it's a combination of skill, workrate, guts, strength and conditioning and a game plan and I'm sorry but the last 2 are something kilkenny don't have.

It seems to be Cody's way or no way and that's great when you have a panel of 20 or so fantastic hurlers and depth which would walk into any county where now there is only 2 in Murphy and TJ the cracks are showing.

I'd like to see a new approach and stop with the ego's and stubbornness. Let's get some fresh ideas and move forward instead of being stuck in a rut. There is still a very talented panel and some decent younger lads, also maybe a fresh face would give others a much needed boot up the backside

Galway had a short puckout strategy and and will probably have to give the whole winter answering questions about it.I feel sweepers are hiding place for players looking for a magical way of gaining possession. Ultimately against the better teams it becomes unstuck. Clare 2013
    Are probably the only team that got over the line with it.

Yes they did but would you not agree it was a very high risk strategy given the inexperienced keeper they had.I think they conceded 5 pts directly from POs and another 2 wides but like I said some of the decisions the keeper made for POs were very,very risky. Even if Murphy were in goal for Galway, I don't think he would have given some of those POs. But definitely it's something that needs to be worked on all year round, not just the week of a game. Maybe target the league for trials in this area. If it doesn't work fine but I saw enough from our match Vs Galway to suggest we are well capable of doing it when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Village87

Darren Mullen is streets ahead of lads like Paddy Deegan. He is on/off the panel for 2 years now. He must think he is being treated unfairly and more power to him. He should be starting.
    He must feel he made the correct decision after some of the performances the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Yes they did but would you not agree it was a very high risk strategy given the inexperienced keeper they had.I think they conceded 5 pts directly from POs and another 2 wides but like I said some of the decisions the keeper made for POs were very,very risky. Even if Murphy were in goal for Galway, I don't think he would have given some of those POs. But definitely it's something that needs to be worked on all year round, not just the week of a game. Maybe target the league for trials in this area. If it doesn't work fine but I saw enough from our match Vs Galway to suggest we are well capable of doing it when needed.
    The problem is we've being showing signs for a few years now. We won the league in 2018 showing signs of working the ball out through the lines with Joey Holden and Paddy Deegan in particular working well from the corners but have we got better or worse at it? Clearly we've gotten worse at it.

And nobody is looking for that to be the go to style of play. The idea is that it gives the opposition something else to think about and thereby makes them spread their defence to cover different scenarios. Jack Fagan caught 5 balls in our left half forward position last Saturday in the space of about 10 minutes. That is shambolic game management but he could sit there because he knew we would struggle to work it out short. And he was right.

As a manager or coach your job is to put your team into the best possible position to win a game with the talent at your disposal and that's not happening at the minute. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

davidx40 wrote: »

He was 'on hurleys' for the forward line.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

The problem is we've being showing signs for a few years now. We won the league in 2018 showing signs of working the ball out through the lines with Joey Holden and Paddy Deegan in particular working well from the corners but have we got better or worse at it? Clearly we've gotten worse at it.

And nobody is looking for that to be the go to style of play. The idea is that it gives the opposition something else to think about and thereby makes them spread their defence to cover different scenarios. Jack Fagan caught 5 balls in our left half forward position last Saturday in the space of about 10 minutes. That is shambolic game management but he could sit there because he knew we would struggle to work it out short. And he was right.

As a manager or coach your job is to put your team into the best possible position to win a game with the talent at your disposal and that's not happening at the minute. Fact.

I agree 100% but if our half forwards aren't winning ball we need a plan B and a plan B that has been worked on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Darren Mullen is streets ahead of lads like Paddy Deegan. He is on/off the panel for 2 years now. He must think he is being treated unfairly and more power to him. He should be starting.
    He must feel he made the correct decision after some of the performances the weekend.

Out of curiosity what are you basing the streets ahead bit on..I'm no deegan fan but we have only seen Mullen at club level..club and county are totally different.. from what I've seen of Mullen I'd caĺ him a very tidy hurler excellent on the ball but gives away plenty frees.. I would like to see him get a run at county level but would question his attitude IF he quit in the manner that is being claimed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement