Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

brookville wrote: »
    I wonder what's the situation with lads like Luke scanlon or kevin kelly?

I know Kevin Kelly was dropped off the panel before the Wexford game, if not before the Galway match I can't remember which it was. I'm not sure about Scanlon I know he was injured for a while but you would expect he's over that, didn't he play for the Village in the last round of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭brookville

I know Kevin Kelly was dropped off the panel before the Wexford game, if not before the Galway match I can't remember which it was. I'm not sure about Scanlon I know he was injured for a while but you would expect he's over that, didn't he play for the Village in the last round of games?

Yea I he did.how was buckley after the wexford match?it's a shame to hear bout kevin being dropped hopefully he can put all the injuries behind him and get a good run

Things very quite here are we feeling confident?best of luck to both our teams tomorrow.Our minors could be under pressure.The match ups in the senior will be intriguing hopefully we've learned enough.Cant wait to see what we do with tj or will we man mark chin or keeffe.Will we move wally and tj in the full foward line but would we have enough then on the half foward line.Hopefully mullen and huw go well first big day for these 2 lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I don't think you can be confident and id say that for any team in both Leinster and Munster finals. I think we expect to win but Wexford think the same. What I hope to see is a 70 mins performance and improvement.\we have played against this Wexford side enough times now to have a plan to counteract their system. I think for us if Reid delivers we will win. But if Wexford keep him quite it will be a close game and they might win. Not sure if that team will start and will depend on how players are going in training and injuries. Best of luck to both teams today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think it will be very close today and maybe only a one score game between the teams at the end. Actually a draw wouldn't be unlikely, but we'd be better off if it wasn't. Both ourselves and Galway suffered as a result of it last year.

Best of luck to the seniors and minors today, and well done to the camogie team yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Too many missed chances by the minors when they were on top in 2nd half. Wexford won most of the 50 50 challenges. A bit of work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

Too many missed chances by the minors when they were on top in 2nd half. Wexford won most of the 50 50 challenges. A bit of work to do

They go into the Round Robin with Clare and Galway now

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kk1970

Kevin Kelly is as much a part of the panel as Richie Reid

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

Can someone tell me how it to took the referee 26 mins to book a Wexford player?

Mullen and leahy hurling well. Billy Ryan or hogan should be in for Alan murphy

• Advertisement

Not good enough today. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

What a 2nd half of hurling. Wexford fully deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Not good enough today. It's rare to see a Kilkenny team to take wrong option on so many occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Fair play to Huw lawlor despite Kilkenny not being good enough on the day he was outstanding.

3 points down. 1 minute of normal time left and we going for goals. Wtf. Put the ball over the bar. Wexford had everyone back at that stage. Take your points. Decision making poor. Mullen and leahy very good today. As good a hurler as Morrissey is he was off his man big time today. A lot of work to do. Probably cork now in quarter final. Tough to take but the lads have to work like Trojans bow and start creating goal chances. Fennelly pulled and dragged every time on the ball. Have to support him more when he gets possession. Just not good enough today

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Garyp88

Factors today the layed of free which we were penalised, the goal chance at the death to make a one point game both in my eyes poor decisions. But I thought the ref was poor yes it was a penalty but I think the challenge on mullen could have been a red and there was alot of tackles around the neck. However if we don't help ourselves what chance do we have

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

kk1970 wrote: »

Passed Kevin Kelly walking in the street around Croke Park right after the match so doubt he’s still part of the panel. If he was surely he would have been in with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Better team won today.

We were a little naive. Wexford were clinical to be fair to them.

Thought Pádraig Walsh was poor. Morrissey really struggled. You can't have 2 lads struggling on your half back line and expect to win.

Huw Lawlor was outstanding.

Looking to the future, its probably going to be Cork. (I guess that will be in Semple with Tipp V Dublin in Nowlan Park?) It's hard to know what Cork are like.. They have been very good and very bad.

If we can get Conor Delaney back to slot in for Morrissey it will strengthen our defence.

The 3 Ballyhale lads up front were very good today. Thought Murphy and especially Walter struggled. Blanch field seems to have gone right back in the pecking order which is a shame...

Ref was a bit mad today. Did some unusual things. On balance his errors cost us a couple of points unfortunately. No issue about the penalty. That's on Morrissey, either take him down earlier or else trust Murphy will save it. It was a costly error.

There was a lot of naievity from us. TJ (twice) and Conor Fogarty had easy points on but tried to force goals. Eoin Murphy shouldn't have been dropping those frees in either. Was too congested.

James Maher had a couple of bad wides too, although he hurled well.

Anyway, better team won. Just means we will have to beat Cork, Limerick and then Tipp in the final 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Richie Reid drinking pints in carton house last night, doubt he’s on the panel anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

[QUOTE=Pigeon Chaser;110570434

Anyway, better team won. Just means we will have to beat Cork, Limerick and then Tipp in the final ��[/QUOTE]

Not a bad scenario at all and you never know a fit Delaney & Buckley with a few other tweeks here and there anything is possible. Leahy,Mullen and Huw lawlor came of age today and will only get better. Once more If Delaney recovers I would let him back full back with Lawlor going to center back with Padraigh and Buckley either side of him. Huw Lawlor has the potential to play anywhere. I hate saying anything negative when all players do their best however it has to be said P Murphy Morrissey, Waltar, & Alan Murphy were way off the pace today and that is three too many while Alyward and Ryan did not contribute very much either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

poor decisions cost us today.
    1.tj should have took the point and put us 3 uo.he doesnt and they go up 5he other end and score.(2pt swing)
    2.surely richie bill sheehan or ger start in the corner ahead of alan murphy.
    3.how we left mortisey on o connor was mad.he was their onlt real scoring threat.padraig or joey shoukd have pucked him up.morrisey was to slow.
    4.outside of the 3 ballyhale lads we dont have scoring forwards.murphy and wally got 1 each maybe leahy got 1.but there are places up for grabs in our forwards.
    5.having been behind the davin end goal fir the match huw lawlior was outstanding.

Thought the ball played into our fowards was awful.Very slow to move morrissey off o connor.bringing on hogan with a min to go is degrading.where is blanch or donnelly.Alan murphy really struggled.lawlor and mullen excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Rebelside

Can someone tell me how it to took the referee 26 mins to book a Wexford player?

Ya does he not know his job was to send off wexican Lads & give frees to kk? Or is it a sign that all the Biffo refs are gone? ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Rebelside wrote: »
    Ya does he not know his job was to send off wexican Lads & give frees to kk? Or is it a sign that all the Biffo refs are gone? ðŸ˜႒

You managed to get the right post in the end, good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KK Supercats

Disappointing result today but don't think there can be any complaints - Wexford the better team and deserved the victory. As others have said Lawlor was excellent as was Mullen. I wonder what Browne and Cleere need to do to get a run in the team. I think they would improve things - maybe they aren't showing in training? Outside of the three Ballyhale forwards the scoring threat does not seem to be there at the moment. As a result, we are becoming easier to shut down in the forwards.

I thought leahy tried very hard and Done a lot tracking back.Delighted mullen backed up last week's performce he looks to be the real deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

I was told by a lad who works with him but if he's still there then I'm happy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

3 points down. 1 minute of normal time left and we going for goals. Wtf. Put the ball over the bar. Wexford had everyone back at that stage. Take your points. Decision making poor. Mullen and leahy very good today. As good a hurler as Morrissey is he was off his man big time today. A lot of work to do. Probably cork now in quarter final. Tough to take but the lads have to work like Trojans bow and start creating goal chances. Fennelly pulled and dragged every time on the ball. Have to support him more when he gets possession. Just not good enough today

Totally agree. Waste time by bringing out the goalie for 2 frees that go short! Put the ball over the bar or stay in goals. Very very stupid play

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Not a bad scenario at all and you never know a fit Delaney & Buckley with a few other tweeks here and there anything is possible. Leahy,Mullen and Huw lawlor came of age today and will only get better. Once more If Delaney recovers I would let him back full back with Lawlor going to center back with Padraigh and Buckley either side of him. Huw Lawlor has the potential to play anywhere. I hate saying anything negative when all players do their best however it has to be said P Murphy Morrissey, Waltar, & Alan Murphy were way off the pace today and that is three too many while Alyward and Ryan did not contribute very much either..

That Kilkenny team wont be in any All Ireland final in 2019. Your short too many players. The old adage stands..you're as good as your worst player.The likes of Joey Holden wouldn't get on any squad left in the championship. How many more times is Ger Awylward going to be tried.? He misses too much and how greedy was he today...could have played Fennelly in for a goal and 100%chose not to. Hes an average player that thinks hes great...a terrible situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Kilkenny and tipp lost their finals today........times are a changing.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement