Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do women speak in riddles when they want a one-night stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Overheal wrote: »
    Two women walk up to you outside smoking, “one of us only tells lies and the other only tells the truth...”

"I can't operate on this boy he's my son. Tell me who the surgeon was and you can get the taxi with me."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Is this the same op as the one about a woman crossing the road actually means all she values in life is her looks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I actually don't know if many men want women to be direct. I'm quite direct and it seems to terrify most of ye, ye don't know what to do then. I think ye enjoy the chase a bit! I enjoy terrifying men though so I'll never stop being direct :D

Oh I dunno Cleo. There's a lot to be said for the upfront, direct approach :)

I personally much prefer people who are upfront, know what they want, and not shy about expressing themselves (and not just in this context :))

Makes life much easier!

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Ficheall wrote: »
    Many years ago, when I was about 19, I brought a friend I'd had a massive crush on for about two years to a gig. Walked her home, after a lovely evening, and she invited me up for a coffee...

"No thanks, I don't drink coffee."

Eternal regret.

That was painful to read.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is this the same op as the one about a woman crossing the road actually means all she values in life is her looks

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Diemos wrote: »
    The question is why do they always say: 'I've never done this before'?

Ah come onnnnn sureley its allways someones first time. I have never had one night stand . however i think id nearly go for one now since it seems such a normal behaviour . Also im prettt sure since im very nervous id say the same if i where to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Friend of mine was at a party years ago. Woman asks him does he wana go up to her room to "take a look" at her curtains for her. He reappears about a minute later completely oblivious to what she was after.

He still gets reminded about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Lol if I had a cent for everytime I heard that....sure you have love

Yeah or when you ask them how many guys they've been with and they say 'three' yeah...think if we double that and multiply it by 3 we'll be half way there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Years ago when We were on the pull Brady used make a bit of small talk with a woman and after about ten minutes he'd say to her 'I suppose a ride's outta the question?'

Seven out of eight times he was right but at least he got his end away every other weekend......

Rest of us just......well, we weren't as lucky. This was the eighties when you had to put in effort.

Having been second time around a few years ago these same women now in their late forties are putting it on a plate and are straight forward about what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

So, are women not supposed to ask a guy a question now unless they want to ride them? Just so I know like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

So, are women not supposed to ask a guy a question now unless they want to ride them? Just so I know like.
    That sounds like a question to me... Hi ;)

You might be ignoring the context here, and the context is key.

The question wasn't asked in broad daylight on a Tuesday afternoon when queing at Costa; it was asked by a potentially single woman in her early 30s in the aftermath of a Saturday night where alcohol was likely taken. Not only that, but it was asked by a Dublin woman who has to have known that it can be quite difficult to pick up a taxi at 4am on a Sunday morning in one of the city's most popular districts during the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from certain that she wanted a one-night stand or any sort of sexual encounter, but I'm also far from certain that she didn't. With the question not making a great deal of sense (in my opinion) and the fact she didn't look very interested in my answer to that question, it really isn't unreasonable to wonder whether she had an ulterior motive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Hammer89 wrote: »
    You might be ignoring the context here, and the context is key.

The question wasn't asked in broad daylight on a Tuesday afternoon when queing at Costa; it was asked by a potentially single woman in her early 30s in the aftermath of a Saturday night where alcohol was likely taken. Not only that, but it was asked by a Dublin woman who has to have known that it can be quite difficult to pick up a taxi at 4am on a Sunday morning in one of the city's most popular districts during the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from certain that she wanted a one-night stand or any sort of sexual encounter, but I'm also far from certain that she didn't. With the question not making a great deal of sense (in my opinion) and the fact she didn't look very interested in my answer to that question, it really isn't unreasonable to wonder whether she had an ulterior motive.

Let’s go over this:

You stopped her to ask for a cigarette. She then asked you where to get a taxi. The fact that she’s from Dublin doesn’t mean she knows anything about Camden st or its taxi situation on a Sunday morning at 4am.

Then she looked a bit vacant when you gave directions.

You are really stretching things here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

You're talking ****e basically is what everyone is dancing around telling you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Let’s go over this:

You stopped her to ask for a cigarette. She then asked you where to get a taxi. The fact that she’s from Dublin doesn’t mean she knows anything about Camden st or its taxi situation on a Sunday morning at 4am.

Then she looked a bit vacant when you gave directions.

You are really stretching things here.

Why da fook are you so obviously jealous of him.
    He's probably correct in his assumption!?
    I get that a lot. Am telling a 100% truthful story about a 'come on' by a woman. And some jealous egit has to have something smart/envious/jealous to say!?

You're talking ****e basically is what everyone is dancing around telling you

No need for anyone to tell me that. I've suggested on three separate occasions that I could be wrong Brian, but by the same token it's also possible that she threw out a hint that, had I picked up on, may have led to a one-night stand. Well it wouldn't have led to that either way because I don't perform well with that amount of drink taken, but that isn't the point.

I get that a lot. Am telling a 100% truthful story about a 'come on' by a woman. And some jealous egit has to have something smart/envious/jealous to say!?

He did the same in the other one-night stand thread, but in his defence I don't think he was questioning what happened in this scenario. I think he was questioning my interpretation of what might have happened.

Yeh that’s it.

He did the same in the other one-night stand thread, but in his defence I don't think he was questioning what happened in this scenario. I think he was questioning my interpretation of what might have happened.

No I’m questioning that a woman looking vacant is a come on.

I didn’t really question the other guy at all. He had a story which was more believable because he was trying to make it up to his wife. In fact he thanked all my posts. (Thread has disappeared now).

trevk wrote: »
    Names were not exchanged
    I do find that strange. Looks like there was no conversation at all. “You’re pulled, lad”, some shagging, then you teleported back to your own bedroom

Looks to me like you did question him mate. Or am I misinterpreting that as well?
    I didn’t really question the other guy at all. He had a story which was more believable because he was trying to make it up to his wife. In fact he thanked all my posts. (Thread has disappeared now).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Minister wrote: »
    Years ago when We were on the pull Brady used make a bit of small talk with a woman and after about ten minutes he'd say to her 'I suppose a ride's outta the question?'

Classic Brady!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Classic Brady!

He was from Roscommon, and all😁

I'll say no.more about him - one of his kids could be a poster😉

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm not sure, post a genuine and interesting thread and we'll see what happens

Looks to me like you did question him mate. Or am I misinterpreting that as well?

He thanked that post. It was. A. Joke. So yes. You are.

I didn’t actually think they teleported.

You on the other hand are a fantasist. You stopped a girl to ask for a cigarette. She asked for taxi directions but looked vacant when you explained them and that meant she wanted to shag you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

OP says he was wondering around at 4 in the morning looking for a cigarette and he thinks women talk in riddles. :D

[

Personalised attacks will get you nowhere. I was pretty successful with the ladies in my day but it didn’t depend on interpreting looks.

I am getting a bang of incel of this thread.

Any female posters want to comment. Do you just stare at guys when they are talking to you as a come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Or maybe she wasn't interested in anything sexual and just wanted to know where she could get a taxi.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OP - FFS she was a prostitute trying to drum up business without saying it...

• Advertisement

OP - FFS she was a prostitute trying to drum up business without saying it...

That's more likely than a Dublin woman in her 30s not knowing that the best way to get a taxi on Camden or Harcourt St in the early hours of a Sunday morning is by hailing down every one in sight and hoping its empty.

Advertisement