Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Pro14 Final - Leinster v Scarlets, Saturday 26th, 2018. Sky Sports, TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Akrasia wrote: »
    Well done Leinster, by far the best team of the tournament.
    Does anyone know why Tadhg Beirne was taken off, was he injured?
    I thought he was still on at the end. Just lost his scrum cap. I saw the number 8 shirt a few times in the closing stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Akrasia wrote: »
    Well done Leinster, by far the best team of the tournament.
    Does anyone know why Tadhg Beirne was taken off, was he injured?
    Joe put a word in “you’re not gonna win this, I need him in a few weeks” :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I thought he was still on at the end. Just lost his scrum cap. I saw the number 8 shirt a few times in the closing stages.

Thanks. My TV reception was awful. Couldn't see him on the pitch without his hat on

Bit frustrated with James Ryan. Plays to an outrageously high standard all season, wins man of the match in critical fixtures, shows up completely in the final and then gives a hugely composed interview for someone his age.

Seriously James, fúck right off.

Max Deegan doing the robot had to be the highlight of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Thought Luke McGrath was superb bar the kick out on the full. His box kicking is right up there with Murrays IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I thought RoL did well when he came on. Ran fast and direct and made metres. We lost a bit of passing ability in midfield but gained a bit in athleticism.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fair play to the boys, first half was close but they never backed down. So proud.

It won't be the same without Isa, here's hoping the next gen have learned enough from him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Steve wrote: »
    Fair play to the boys, first half was close but they never backed down. So proud.

It won't be the same without Isa, here's hoping the next gen have learned enough from him :)
    Interesting
    https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1000464288019042305?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Still convinced mcgrath is a better scrum- half than Cooney, and to play with heavy strapping is difficult

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Definitely interestingly worded. Always thought the plan was for him to go back to NZ but that sounds like something's in the works.

Or maybe we're just overly optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Congratulations to all involved. Johnny Sexton was just outstanding again and the whole team were a joy to watch - rugby as it should be played!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

was at the match still smiling

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Sean Kinsella

mangobob wrote: »
    Gotta say though, that score really flattered the scarlets.

I'm mad as hell that we shipped some late scores, as I really wanted to hand them an indefeasible beating, there today. That said, MvNicholl is some player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stheno wrote: »
    was at the match still smiling

Me too. Savoured every moment of the presentation and afters....might be a while before we get another season like this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Definitely interestingly worded. Always thought the plan was for him to go back to NZ but that sounds like something's in the works.

Or maybe we're just overly optimistic.

Would be nice alright but I think that's just blue tinted glasses!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Well done Leinster! Proud supporter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

CONFIRMED: Leinster to play all home matches in Auckland next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Neil3030 wrote: »
    CONFIRMED: Leinster to play all home matches in Auckland next season.
    Get your bets on good and early for Rob Kearney to be 2019's IRB POTY.

It's all been coming together since Girve got a one year contract. Now he's off to Brexitland and Isa is retiring. Coincidence? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Billy86 wrote: »
    Get your bets on good and early for Rob Kearney to be 2019's IRB POTY.

say thats 1000/1

It's all been coming together since Girve got a one year contract. Now he's off to Brexitland and Isa is retiring. Coincidence? ;)
    Conspiracy Theories Forum ---->

:D

Steve wrote: »
    It's worrying that you actually linked it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Scarlets fan pulled Leo the Lion's head off

The boos they got. Leo got in and knocked a few heads together though when he got it back on :pac:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Congratulations to all involved. Johnny Sexton was just outstanding again and the whole team were a joy to watch - rugby as it should be played!

WPOTY 2018.

It's worrying that you actually linked it...

As a CMod, I have to maintain a user satisfaction level of 42 or above, thank you for your post, it is important to us....

:cry laughing smiley which doesn't work on boards: :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    say thats 1000/1
    Exactly, and if every game is in NZ... well it's a lock already. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Loved Johnny's fist pump when collecting his medal. What a player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ringrose seems to have developed a brilliant kicking game. Has made some pearlers in the European knockouts and today. He weights them perfectly, puts them into the corner and forces the opposition to make decisions they'd rather not.

He's the complete centre imo. I think he's world class. Stood out in all of Ireland's and Leinster's biggest games this season.

Advertisement