Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Pro14 Final - Leinster v Scarlets, Saturday 26th, 2018. Sky Sports, TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Congrats to Leinster on a long over due double.

I have a dreadful feeling this could be the start of a dreadfully sickening dynasty. Has potential to become one of the all time great teams if they back it up again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 16,708 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Sexton once again showed he's world class. Almost everything he did was perfect. His kicking from hand, from the tee, his passing and ability to see when the attack is on.

I actually didn't realise how good his quick pass to Lowe was for the try before half time. Didn't even take hold of the ball. Just flipped it on in one motion as he received it.

Obviously this is a big if, but if Ireland win the summer series, Sexton gets world player of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Clegg wrote: »
    Sexton once again showed he's world class. Almost everything he did was perfect. His kicking from hand, from the tee, his passing and ability to see when the attack is on.
    I saw this on reddit earlier, the bit on dummy runners really does exemplify Sexton's importance in a way that the casual fan might not usually notice.

(about 3mins in)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Up the aabsokte ducking lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Up the aabsokte ducking lads
    4RdCDT.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Clegg wrote: »
    I actually didn't realise how good his quick pass to Lowe was for the try before half time. Didn't even take hold of the ball. Just flipped it on in one motion as he received it.

His little interaction with Kearney before putting up a garryowen for Kearney to chase into midfield, along with Kearney's catch was orgasmic. They had no right to do it to such perfection but Kearney knew the line Sexton wanted him to run, Sexton put the kick up and Kearney went for it, Leinster gain 50m, it was sublime. Such a simple thing, but they ****ing nailed it.

Plenty of Welsh misery on twitter over the pro14 final in dublin again.

I'm sure Jiffy will be crying on scrumv later too.

Maybe if you bid to host it lads .......

Steff Evans with the "did he just do that" look

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1000446034995302403?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Larmour's highlights reel is starting to fill up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Plenty of Welsh misery on twitter over the pro14 final in dublin again.

I'm sure Jiffy will be crying on scrumv later too.

Maybe if you bid to host it lads .......
    Wasn't to long ago they were all "we don't care where it's played, we have no fear of going to dublin"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That was the highlight of the match for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Looking at scumv welsh forum, they really are terrible losers, complaining about it being at the Aviva, then about how the big money clubs are dominating the smaller clubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Welsh giving out about the aviva? They seem to play half their WC matches in the millennium stadium regardless of where the tournament is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Just looking at some of the Scarlets players after the game, still carrying scars from the Glasgow pitch. Some of them pretty extensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Just looking at some of the Scarlets players after the game, still carrying scars from the Glasgow pitch. Some of them pretty extensive.

I think it was Steff Evans who had some serious cuts and burns on his legs, crazy stuff.

Gas. Devin Toner doesn't score many tries, three so far for Leinster. The last one was also against Scarlets back in September 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Congratulations to the all-conquering Leinster team - serious depth of talent and so well coached. Superlative team.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

I dont think I've ever seen Toner score a burrowing try like that. When I saw the ball popped to him at first receiver my inititial reaction was why??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I saw a good many Munster jerseys at the match yesterday ,,Great to see the other provinces supporting us,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rugbyronan

Enjoyed the match even if Leinster leaked a couple of tries, that normally would not have happened. Did anyone experience the food? Burgers a disgrace and as for the hot dogs!!!! Have tried email to the catering people. Never get a reply and have telephoned and asked for a call back. never happens

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

rugbyronan wrote: »
    Enjoyed the match even if Leinster leaked a couple of tries, that normally would not have happened. Did anyone experience the food? Burgers a disgrace and as for the hot dogs!!!! Have tried email to the catering people. Never get a reply and have telephoned and asked for a call back. never happens

Generally tends to be the case in pretty much any stadium. Not exactly fine dining from a catering unit cooking hundreds of frozen burgers.

rugbyronan wrote: »

You can get a decent burger in the Sportsground and the RDS has an eddie rockets stand.

The aviva is poor but not really unexpectedly poor, you kinda figure it's not going to be exactly gourmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Some game. One of my favourite bits of play was when Kearney collected an aimless clearance, popped it up to Sexton and started running right as Sexton was launching a bomb and then Kearney gets on the end of it with a vintage Kearney catch. Was a seemless bit of play that really epitmoised how well drilled these guys are.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Enjoyed the game .... no doubt Leinster are a formidable and well coached team.

Best team in Europe .... no argument with that either.

However they got a lot of help from the (very poor) officials yesterday.

1) Lost count of the number of forward passes. [The pop from RK to JS referred to earlier on this thread was dubious too .... only seen it once mind]. Had a wry smile hearing the TV commentator referring to Leinster's flat passing game ...... forward passing is more accurate. [Makes getting over the gain line a tad easier].

2) Persistent offside from the kick chasers either from JS but especially from LM. [Don't understand why the touch judges are not policing this part of the game].

3) Some crooked line-outs ...... one of them roughly on half-way was laughable.

4) Finally ........ looks like any bump on JS seems to be greeted with hysteria by the Dublin masses. Getting beyond a joke. JS asking for the TV replay was bad form too. [The referee should have had a word with him there].

As for the venue choice ... I've got no issue with it.

Anyway moan over .... summer tours here we go .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I thought the ref was poor for both teams. I mentioned to my mate at the time that you'd nearly have to throw it at a 45° angle to get called for a crooked lineout these days. Thought Scarlets were getting a lot of leeway for offside as well and were up to some serious shenanigans to slow the ball down from the ruck. I remember wanting the Leinster players to do similar after Scarlets had reclaimed their restart and the scrum half was zipping the ball from out of the rucks. Felt that Lowe saved Scarlets a card on HT by scoring a try as they were in the danger zone for pens on the 5 metre line. I also thought it was defo a yellow for a high tackle on Sexton second half. Guess it depends on the tint of your glasses ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Enjoyed the game .... no doubt Leinster are a formidable and well coached team.

Best team in Europe .... no argument with that either.

However they got a lot of help from the (very poor) officials yesterday.

1) Lost count of the number of forward passes. [The pop from RK to JS referred to earlier on this thread was dubious too .... only seen it once mind]. Had a wry smile hearing the TV commentator referring to Leinster's flat passing game ...... forward passing is more accurate. [Makes getting over the gain line a tad easier].

2) Persistent offside from the kick chasers either from JS but especially from LM. [Don't understand why the touch judges are not policing this part of the game].

3) Some crooked line-outs ...... one of them roughly on half-way was laughable.

4) Finally ........ looks like any bump on JS seems to be greeted with hysteria by the Dublin masses. Getting beyond a joke. JS asking for the TV replay was bad form too. [The referee should have had a word with him there].

As for the venue choice ... I've got no issue with it.

Anyway moan over .... summer tours here we go .....

Sexton was captain when Isa went off, so well within his rights to question the decision and ask for a replay.

I personally thought that it was a nasty challenge, probably yellow. But definitely a penalty. It looked intentional, and there’s no place for that in sport.

Venue chosen by the pro14. I did a survey yesterday and was asked would I travel to <insert city here> for a final.

There was a forward pass in the lead up to the first scarlets try.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Random Bloke

At the game, I thought the ref was poor, but watched it today and he got the big calls right. He didn’t give penalties unless they were very clear, which probably helped the game as a spectacle. Same for forward passes and crooked line-outs; he didn’t react unless they were beyond marginal. And he didn’t favour one team over another.

• Advertisement

Just finished watchin the game back.

Toner was awesome.

Sexton is the best player in the world right now. He had the complete package. His influence on games is immense.

Conan keeps this level up he is going to give Joe headaches

Larmour pick up. Wow

Sky post match interview with Isa. Quinny joked about Munster signing Isa. The look it drew.

Advertisement