Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

moonage wrote: »
    The difference is that brown paedos (Muslims) were allowed to get away with their abuse for decades because the authorities didn't want to be seen as racist. This enabled the abuse to be carried out in a very highly organised, systematic manner on a massive scale and nothing was done about it..

Have you any proof of this?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Have you any proof of this?

In fairness im no fan of Tommy but this is well documented.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In fairness im no fan of Tommy but this is well documented.

He should have no bother finding a source then so.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Complaints to social workers and the police were ignored because they were "petrified of being called racist", former Labour MP for Keighley Ann Cryer said.

Is that it? Some MP decided to shift the blame instead of taking responsibility?

Here's what the Assistant Chief Constable said (in the same link):
    Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood acknowledged that officers could have dealt with the case "better than we did".

But he denied that the girl's complaints had been "brushed under the carpet" because officers were reluctant to confront the issue of race.

"At the time we did what we thought was best," he said. "We have learned a lot of lessons.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Is that it? Some MP decided to shift the blame instead of taking responsibility?

Here's what the Assistant Chief Constable said (in the same link):

Right so, one person addressing the issue is attempting to shift the blame..

Where as those directly responsible for the failure deny it, and that substanceless denial that flies in the face of an offical report ...you take at face value.

Riiiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

kowloon wrote: »
    Watched the video, and while they do look like a bunch of football hooligans the ending seems a little suspicious. It's dishonest buttering the guy up off camera and playing nice until you have enough footage. I think you need to be completely square with these people or you only lend credence to their 'biased liberal media' claims.

To be fair, the guy was there to listen. There were times he was asked what he thought of the EDL and he was diplomatic. mainly because he was more interested in finding out what they thought rather than trying to tell them what he thinks. And i don't know if any of them were led into saying stuff.

At the end when the comedian was trying not to get the police to arrest the guy, I think that showed a lot. I think the comedian actually liked the EDL guy a bit and was just mystified why he couldn't see the using the n-word or paki was racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The difference is that brown paedos (Muslims) were allowed to get away with their abuse for decades because the authorities didn't want to be seen as racist. This enabled the abuse to be carried out in a very highly organised, systematic manner on a massive scale and nothing was done about it.

White paedos, by contrast, were dealt with as the law required and were locked up.

Yeah, because priests were locked up as soon as they offended :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The difference is that brown paedos (Muslims) were allowed to get away with their abuse for decades because the authorities didn't want to be seen as racist. This enabled the abuse to be carried out in a very highly organised, systematic manner on a massive scale and nothing was done about it.

White paedos, by contrast, were dealt with as the law required and were locked up.

Jesus that is some CT.

It sounds like he has an acute brain injury. Is there a history of sustained drug abuse by an chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Actually, both white and brown ones are alike. We know this because Tommy tries to get the brown ones off scott free by screaming outside the courts resulting in potential mistrials.

And in certain instances, groups of them get away with it for one reason or another. Tommy and his supporters dont seem to bothered about the alleged Westminster pedophile rings either, for one example. Nor do they seem to care even remotely about the high level organised groups in tree Catholic church, despite that being a major and ongoing news story for a good year in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭piplip87

So did anybody watch his expose of the BBC ? Was it a load BS as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

piplip87 wrote: »

What an absolute farce. I think he’s overreaching and running out of steam a bit for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭rgossip30

piplip87 wrote: »

The video with subtitles is to be released soon difficult to hear ,heads will roll at the BBC and the Hope Not Hate group . Interesting to see those that make Panorama slobbering.urm urm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

rgossip30 wrote: »
    The video with subtitles is to be released soon difficult to hear ,heads will roll at the bib and hope not hate.Interesting to see those that make Panorama slobbering.urm urm.

Anyone translate this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Anyone translate this for me?

What exactly do you not understand ? Watch the Pandorama video if you are interested. I changed it just for you hope you can now understand ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Meanwhile it really sums up the type of people at Tommy marches when you see this. Justifications from certain people shortly I imagine.

https://twitter.com/Davidpoucherxo/status/1099322206759411713?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

batgoat wrote: »
    Meanwhile it really sums up the type of people at Tommy marches when you see this. Justifications from certain people shortly I imagine.

https://twitter.com/Davidpoucherxo/status/1099322206759411713?s=19

Desperation stuff from you BatGoat. Is this all you could find? No violence or racism videos anywhere??

The behaviour of your buddies from the far left was much worse in Rooskey last week, no condemnation from you on that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What's with the blue visi-vests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Desperation stuff from you BatGoat. Is this all you could find? No violence or racism videos anywhere??

The behaviour of your buddies from the far left was much worse in Rooskey last week, no condemnation from you on that one though.

I actually do know a few people in the dreaded Rooskey event. A counter protest against a group led by a racist conspiracy theorist. Meanwhile for example during the free Tommy event, numerous people were arrested and a bus was blockaded because the driver was wearing a headscarf.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-protest-bus-blockade-woman-driver-headscarf-trump-latest-a8447536.html

By the way, the main reason Tommy Robinson made this 'documentary is because Yaxley is facing his own Panorama documentary in the near future according to BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This is the kind of thing which results in Tommy getting the support he does.

https://twitter.com/obianuju/status/1099791423120068608

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

batgoat wrote: »
    I actually do know a few people in the dreaded Rooskey event. A counter protest against a group led by a racist conspiracy theorist. Meanwhile for example during the free Tommy event, numerous people were arrested and a bus was blockaded because the driver was wearing a headscarf.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tommy-robinson-protest-bus-blockade-woman-driver-headscarf-trump-latest-a8447536.html

By the way, the main reason Tommy Robinson made this 'documentary is because Yaxley is facing his own Panorama documentary in the near future according to BBC.

What do you mean a counter protest ? There was only one protest that day. Leah Doherty and her antifa buddy's. Her losing the head screaming at Rowan Croft whether you like him or not he had every to be there as much as them. The people in Rooskey want none of them there, but we'll leave talk of that to the other thread.

I've no interest panorama or Tommys documentary it seems like a load of ****e. Which is why I haven't commented on it. I've seen none of what happend yesterday but I'll have a look at the link you posted.

The blocking of the bus is not recent it's from last summer, and there is no evidence they stopped the bus because there was a Muslim driving. That wasn't the only traffic they blocked that day.

It's not acceptable behaviour. There are good and bad eggs on both sides here, I hope you haven't much to do with that crowd that were in Rooskey because they are a shower of Muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It is sicking the amount of abuse of power the media have and how they try to influence the poor gullible readers/listeners who do not know any better, at least if nothing else what Tommy has shown how low some of these so called reporters can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,317 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is sicking the amount of abuse of power the media have and how they try to influence the poor gullible readers/listeners who do not know any better, at least if nothing else what Tommy has shown how low some of these so called reporters can be.

You mean abusing power like getting a rape crisis line closed due to abuse and getting a females only gym session closed down? that abuse of power?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Tommy Robinson isn't perfect, but he brings up big points:

1. There are problems within the Muslim community, and they need to be discussed. Most Muslims are decent, but there is a significant minority whose cultural/political views are not very compatible with the West. I am not talking about people who are angry at the US invading/destabilising the Middle East. I'm talking about the people who think White women are slags, commit sex assaults, etc.

2. Too many people equate (1) with racism. Islam is a religion, not a race. We need to stop thinking Muslim = Brown Person, and Criticism of Islam = Racism.

3. The police/legal system are being incredibly heavy handed against Tommy. The law should be applied equally to everyone. The police/legal system should not be used to silence conversations. Tommy isn't assaulting anyone. He's just talking about uncomfortable issues. I'm not saying he's right about everything, but he should be allowed say these things.

4. Expanding on (3), it is undesirable the way the UK is moving away from free speech. For example, the police are now cautioning people for saying things like "I think transgender women are biologically male". You can't have freedom without free speech.

5. We need to ask why so many people are anti-Muslim. It's lazy to say it's just because they're louts. There's more to it than that.

6. Similarly, we need to ask why so many Muslims have issues with the West.

7. We need to stop demonising one side. Both Tommy and his opponents make good points, and the solution is probably somewhere in the middle.

How exactly have the legal system been heavy handed towards convicted criminal Tommy Robinson?

How exactly have the legal system been heavy handed towards convicted criminal Tommy Robinson?

A judge decided no media should be allowed report on a Muslim gang who had been raping children for decades.

Tommy disagreed with this, so he filmed outside the court, after the criminals had already been convicted for their crimes.

This was illegal (as the judge had banned media covering the case), but Tommy felt the public had a right to know about these pedophile gangs.

He was arrested for the filming, and sentenced to 13 months in prison.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone getting 13 months in prison for contempt of court.

That's the gist of it.

Regardless of your opinion on Tommy, a reasonable person should be able to see this is the court system being draconian.

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    A judge decided no media should be allowed report on a Muslim gang who had been raping children for decades.

Tommy disagreed with this, so he filmed outside the court, after the criminals had already been convicted for their crimes.

This was illegal (as the judge had banned media covering the case), but Tommy felt the public had a right to know about these pedophile gangs.

He was arrested for the filming, and sentenced to 13 months in prison.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone getting 13 months in prison for contempt of court.

That's the gist of it.

Regardless of your opinion on Tommy, a reasonable person should be able to see this is the court system being draconian.

Whether tommy disagreed with the initial reporting ban is irrelevant. That is not his decision to make. If he was in any way intelligent he would realise why the reporting ban was in place and obey it like every other journalist. He claims to be a journalist so he should be held to the same standards as other journalist. He also was not jailed for 13 months for that contempt alone. He had a suspended sentence of 4 months for a previous contempt that was activated. So his sentence should have been a MINIMUM of 4 months. His sentence was only set aside for procedural matters. He was guilty of contempt. If any actual journalist had committed the same contempt they would have been treated the same. They wouldn't because they are not as thick as Tommy who is only interesting in generating publicity for himself and getting gullible fools to send him money on the back of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It's not unheard of, and Tommy's criminal history would also have been taken into account.

[/quote] wealthy property developer has been jailed for 14 months for contempt of court in relation to his divorce settlement.[/quote]

Whether tommy disagreed with the initial reporting ban is irrelevant. That is not his decision to make. If he was in any way intelligent he would realise why the reporting ban was in place and obey it like every other journalist. He claims to be a journalist so he should be held to the same standards as other journalist. He also was not jailed for 13 months for that contempt alone. He had a suspended sentence of 4 months for a previous contempt that was activated. So his sentence should have been a MINIMUM of 4 months. His sentence was only set aside for procedural matters. He was guilty of contempt. If any actual journalist had committed the same contempt they would have been treated the same. They wouldn't because they are not as thick as Tommy who is only interesting in generating publicity for himself and getting gullible fools to send him money on the back of that..

I said he was sentenced to 13 months in prison, I didn't say he spent 13 months in prison.

You can read the prison sentence here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-jailed-contempt-court-facebook-live-video-stephen-yaxley-lennon-a8374121.html

First sentence: Tommy Robinson has been jailed for 13 months for breaking contempt of court laws with a Facebook Live video.

• Advertisement

I said he was sentenced to 13 months in prison, I didn't say he spent 13 months in prison.

You can read the prison sentence here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-jailed-contempt-court-facebook-live-video-stephen-yaxley-lennon-a8374121.html

First sentence: Tommy Robinson has been jailed for 13 months for breaking contempt of court laws with a Facebook Live video.

and the first 4 months of that 13 months were a previous 4 months suspended sentence that was activated when he offended again. Dont depend on an individual newspaper report to tell you everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement