Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    David van Mill is not pro free speech though, so that's just an article by someone who thinks speech needs to be limited if it is "offensive".

I can admit though he is at least attempting to discuss the topic fairly, instead of just calling people who believe in free speech idiots.

Free speech will always have limitations. Such as to prevent a trial falling apart due to breaking reporting restrictions.

Do you support Tommy Robinson potentially causing a mistrial and thus allowing the objects of his ire to walk away free?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Free speech will always have limitations. Such as to prevent a trial falling apart due to breaking reporting restrictions.

Do you support Tommy Robinson potentially causing a mistrial and thus allowing the objects of his ire to walk away free?

It was never gonna cause a mistrial as the trial was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Linked trials that shared defendants were not over.

Linked trials that shared defendants were not over.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Yes I obviously wanted Tommy to cause a mistrial and the pedophiles to walk free.

Of course not.

I believe the conversation he's trying to have is valid, and it should be debated. As I said before, the answer is probably somewhere in between his beliefs and his opposers beliefs.

It is wrong to simply shut him down as a racist. Islam is not even a race.

I also think it is clear there is an organised movement to try to limit him from speaking.

• Advertisement

And none of the defendants were involved in other trials that were due? You understand that trials run parallel and restrictions remain in place so as not to prejudice another jury? As in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Wrong, you should really read my posts before commenting on them. I never said anyone was aggressive.

Scratch that, "emotional" was your choice of words. He was not and it was a pretty moronic statement. In much the same way as you expecting us to watch 3 hour long videos...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

And none of the defendants were involved in other trials that were due? You understand that trials run parallel and restrictions remain in place so as not to prejudice another jury? As in this case.

Yeah, this was covered probably a hundred pages back. people were posting the transcripts of Stephen/Tommy's trial. They were posting legal breakdowns by lawyers about why it happened.

All the information they need is in this thread and it's annoying that they don't know it when they are arguing against it.

batgoat wrote: »
    Scratch that, "emotional" was your choice of words. He was not and it was a pretty moronic statement. In much the same way as you expecting us to watch 3 hour long videos...

I beg to differ ohnonotgmail comes across as a very angry bitter little man judging by his post history. And I never expected you to watch any video we have had this conversation before though so no need for a re run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I beg to differ ohnonotgmail comes across as a very angry bitter little man judging by his post history. And I never expected you to watch any video we have had this conversation before though so no need for a re run.

You seem to be the only person being abusive in the discussion...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Wrong, you should really read my posts before commenting on them. I never said anyone was aggressive.

Don't forget about the rape crisis centre being targeted by tommeh dullards.
    Of course GinAndBitter made sure to tell us again and again he wasn't losing any sleep over it.

I wonder about the woman / men who are actually need of these services having it blocked by the dummest of the dummest.

You seem to be the only person being abusive in the discussion...

Nah your mate winnythepoo is the one that is being constantly abusive he was yellow carded last week for the same, he doesn't seem to have much to offer other than repeating himself over and over

If you feel i have been abusive let the mods know and I'm sure they will deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,713 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I beg to differ ohnonotgmail comes across as a very angry bitter little man judging by his post history.

Well at the very least he is not hiding his posting history, what is your excuse?

Boggles wrote: »
    Well at the very least he is not hiding his posting history, what is your excuse?

My posting history is hidden? I didn't think that was possible. Can you not see my past posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,713 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

My posting history is hidden? I didn't think that was possible.

It sure is.
    Can you not see my past posts?

No, nor do I want to.

As you were.

Boggles wrote: »
    It sure is.

No, nor do I want to.

As you were.

How do you know my posts are hidden? You must have tried to view them no?

My posting history is hidden?

its not

its not

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

No response on the connected cases causing the reporting restrictions. Why?

And to the fair-minded posters here, do you really have to put up with the Robinson-supporters' reactionary nonsense quite regularly on here? Fair dues to you for staying relatively calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tut tut.

• Advertisement

Didn't think so.

And to the fair-minded posters here, do you really have to put up with the Robinson-supporters' reactionary nonsense quite regularly on here? Fair dues to you for staying relatively calm.

It's hard to determine whether they are just trolls such as ginandbitter. Trying to get a reaction and people carded.

Other people do believe in Tommy and utterly refuse to acknowledge all his poor behaviours.

In the end. I choose mostly to read this thread for a laugh. Not very funny when a poster such as ginandbitter starts taking the piss out of a rape crisis centre though.

As someone who has had family and a friend who have had to use these services. There's fcukin line.

I need to read a bit more on the case I asked for a source earlier and I didn't get one but I'll look for something myself. As for your 2nd question nobody has to put up with anything on here we all make a choice to click into the thread, id go as far as to say the thread would be dead without the Tommy haters.

No one deserves praise for staying calm, it's a discussion forum we all have lives away from this. Letting stuff on boards bother you is not good for anyone.

In the end. I choose mostly to read this thread for a laugh. Not very funny when a poster such as ginandbitter starts taking the piss out of a rape crisis centre though.

Bit of a misrepresentation there. Not losing sleep is hardly taking the piss.

More nonsense from winnythepoo.

Boring... Take that **** somewhere else.

Boring... Take that **** somewhere else.

Sorry someone in your family got raped, didn't mean to offend you. I said I wouldn't lose sleep over it, and a couple of your buddy's jumped on it straight away but when I asked them if they'd lose any sleep over it they wouldnt answer me. That tells you all you need to know.

Nobody really cares.

I need to read a bit more on the case I asked for a source earlier and I didn't get one but I'll look for something myself. As for your 2nd question nobody has to put up with anything on here we all make a choice to click into the thread, id go as far as to say the thread would be dead without the Tommy haters.

No one deserves praise for staying calm, it's a discussion forum we all have lives away from this. Letting stuff on boards bother you is not good for anyone.

No sources if there are reporting restrictions. That's the whole point of them.

And if you or anyone else think there's any long-term censorship on cases then please quote any where restrictions weren't lifted.

No sources if there are reporting restrictions.

So how do you know? I'm not disagreeing with you id just like to see for myself.

So how do you know? I'm not disagreeing with you id just like to see for myself.

Serious question? If there are certain restrictions on a case the media can't report on it hence you won't have any sources until the restrictions are lifted. This often happens with grooming gangs/terrorist/political cases where defendants can be involved in a web of charges across courts.

Short answer - no sources if restrictions until the case is over.

• Advertisement

The documentary for anyone that wants to watch, I must stress that I do not expect anybody to watch it. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement