Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Grayson wrote: »
    And they're very recultant to actually explain what's in a video.

So why shouldn't i do the same.

here's a video of a comedian talking to a load of EDL supporters. The supporters in general are some of the dumbest people you could meet

There's one great bit where one guy says that they need more terrorist attacks to get people to dislike muslims more.

That's an excellent video, everyone on this thread should watch it. Doubt they will though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

What’s the appeal to TR from his supporters point of view? What do you like about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What’s the appeal to TR from his supporters point of view? What do you like about him?

That he shouts about Muslims is really the only option left here. Couldn't be that he tries to expose pedophilia, as he hasn't actually been the one to break any big stories, and if that is what he was trying to do he would be going after them many, many pedos in the EDL which he helped found and would still have plenty of contact for/info about.

The problem, you see, if that they are white, British, non Muslim and largely an ickle bit racist. Tommy doesn't want to mess with this, as it is his key demographic, and the deafening silence of TR supporters in here on pedophilia in the EDL or his lack of action on it more or less proves that.

If it was about the kids they would be horrified about what goes on in the edl that Tommy Robinson founded. But they are not because it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he reinforces their own prejudices

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Suppose he is a working class man giving a working class perspective.

That it unpopular with the establishment and middle class probably adds to his appeal to them.

Talking about taboo issues always will get some followers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Danzy wrote: »

That it unpopular with the establishment and middle class probably adds to his appeal to them.

I'm "working class" and have no time at all for his shite

So all working class people blame their troubles on "brown" people? Think you're theory is flawed very badly there. :rolleyes:

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'm "working class" and have no time at all for his shite

I'm working class and think he's the greatest prick of our time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

He's not really typical of the working classes to be honest. His stepdad was a plumber which, back in the day meant a very nice lifestyle. Then there are his multiple convictions for assault and fraud. Finally, how many working class people have been involved with as many media outlets as Yaxley-Lennon has?

Speaking as a working class man, he disgusts me. He pretends to represent the working class when all he's done is exploit the abuse of children to profit from morons and bigots.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

So why isn't he talking about the taboo issue of pedophiles in the EDL which he helped create (along with yet another pedophile, Richard Price)?

That's a group he has huge numbers of contacts with and info on, so why in your opinion is he in the least bit interested in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

As I said before in this thread. If you want to see the real Tommy Robinson. Look up the song and video footage by Steve mannix in Australia. Says it all for me anyway. Guy is a legend in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭moonage

I admire his bravery in sticking to his beliefs despite the persecution he has received from the state.

They want to shut him up and have repeatadly harrassed him and imprisoned him on flimsy grounds, with many spells of solitary confinement. Most people would have given in early on but TR has the courage of his convictions and doesn't let the bastards grind him down. He acknowledges that there's a good chance he will be killed in prison, yet he carries on.

Until TR I thought there was freedom of speech in the UK but the way he's being treated is more like Stalinist Russia in the 1930s.

As to his views on Islam, I largely agree with them and can understand how he came to them, given his upbringing in Luton.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

As I said before in this thread. If you want to see the real Tommy Robinson. Look up the song and video footage by Steve mannix in Australia. Says it all for me anyway. Guy is a legend in my eyes.
    why is it always videos with Tommy fans? Have they heard of autocorrect?

A song?? jesus. I'll stick to leonard cohen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Grayson wrote: »
    here's a video of a comedian talking to a load of EDL supporters. The supporters in general are some of the dumbest people you could meet

Watched the video, and while they do look like a bunch of football hooligans the ending seems a little suspicious. It's dishonest buttering the guy up off camera and playing nice until you have enough footage. I think you need to be completely square with these people or you only lend credence to their 'biased liberal media' claims.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Insisting that other people go research your argument for you means you don't have one in my experience.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You know we live in strange times when gay men - a writer of gay pulp erotia among them - openly declare their support for Tommy Robinson and his EDL thugs.

moonage wrote: »
    I admire his bravery in sticking to his beliefs despite the persecution he has received from the state..

What beliefs are these though? It's not protecting children from pedophiles or else he would be exposing the litany of pedophiles in the EDL where he has so many contacts. Yet instead of doing that, he just ignores it - which is at least better than when he was defending them as innocent and "stitched up".

So what are Tommy Robinsons beliefs that he stands for and sticks to?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What do you like about him?

I think he's rather hot and I like his haircuts.

Insisting that other people go research your argument for you means you don't have one in my experience.
    If I could share it on the thread I would. But I'm not that great on the internet . Maybe you could put it up. So everyone could see the true story of Tommy Robinson. !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

If I could share it on the thread I would. But I'm not that great on the internet . Maybe you could put it up. So everyone could see the true story of Tommy Robinson. !

I don't know your obsession is with that particular video but it's not going to win him any fans here.

There's a lot more to the whole story than one video of a protest.

• Advertisement

I'm not rooting around the internet for something you can't be bothered to post.

H. H. Asquith

Billy86 wrote: »
    So what are Tommy Robinsons beliefs that he stands for and sticks to?

He believes Islam is a bad ideology and is not compatible with liberal western democracy.

He believes that because the authorities don't want to be labeled racist, Muslims who commit wrongdoings aren't dealt with in the same way as non-Muslims.

He believes freedom of expression in the UK is being eroded and the UK is turning into a police state.

How about you put it in your own words. I’m genuinely curious to know what his supporters think he represents.

I admire his bravery in sticking to his beliefs despite the persecution he has received from the state.

They want to shut him up and have repeatadly harrassed him and imprisoned him on flimsy grounds, with many spells of solitary confinement. Most people would have given in early on but TR has the courage of his convictions and doesn't let the bastards grind him down. He acknowledges that there's a good chance he will be killed in prison, yet he carries on.
    Couldn’t you say the same of anyone who breaks the law and doesn’t stop?

Until TR I thought there was freedom of speech in the UK but the way he's being treated is more like Stalinist Russia in the 1930s.
    Surely you heard of lots of Muslim “hate preachers” who have been "persecuted" by the law. Abu Hamsa was one example.

As to his views on Islam, I largely agree with them and can understand how he came to them, given his upbringing in Luton.

Which of his views on islam do you agree with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I would say he's largely engaged in more harassing than he was victim to.

How about you put it in your own words. I’m genuinely curious to know what his supporters think he represents.
    The song by the guy from the group in Australia that supports him also speaks on my behalf. During the free Tommy March I attended in June there were loads of supporters singing it as well. Its brilliant.

I'm not rooting around the internet for something you can't be bothered to post.
    You dont have to root. Just Google Steve mannix. Australia. Tommy Robinson song. It comes up immediately. I've shared it numerous times but dont know how to share it to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Couldn’t you say the same of anyone who breaks the law and doesn’t stop?

?

I doubt he is breaking any laws at present as his every move is being watched .I think someone like him exposing the asylum farce and government inaction here would be. no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He believes Islam is a bad ideology and is not compatible with liberal western democracy.

He believes that because the authorities don't want to be labeled racist, Muslims who commit wrongdoings aren't dealt with in the same way as non-Muslims.

He believes freedom of expression in the UK is being eroded and the UK is turning into a police state.

He also believes that brown pedo's are worse than white pedo's. But totally not racist.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    He also believes that brown pedo's are worse than white pedo's. But totally not racist.

The difference is that brown paedos (Muslims) were allowed to get away with their abuse for decades because the authorities didn't want to be seen as racist. This enabled the abuse to be carried out in a very highly organised, systematic manner on a massive scale and nothing was done about it.

White paedos, by contrast, were dealt with as the law required and were locked up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement