Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

You haven't watched them, have you?

Spent 3 hours watching them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So you'll be able to summarise them easy enough.

Odhinn wrote: »
    So you'll be able to summarise them easy enough.

If i wanted to break down 3 hours of videos I could. But I'm not going to. If you are interested in the content you will watch the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If you understood what the videos were about, you'd be well able to give a summary.

If you watched them without really understanding their purpose and found that they made you feel good about nice Tommy, then that might leave you at a loss when asked for a summary.

If i wanted to break down 3 hours of videos I could. But I'm not going to. If you are interested in the content you will watch the videos.

I don't know what the content is (apart from the fact that its about yaxley lennon), hence my repeated requests for a summary.

• Advertisement

If you understood what the videos were about, you'd be well able to give a summary.

If you watched them without really understanding their purpose and found that they made you feel good about nice Tommy, then that might leave you at a loss when asked for a summary.

You're all so very interested in the videos but not interested enough to click play.

I don't know what the content is (apart from the fact that its about yaxley lennon), hence my repeated requests for a summary.

Would you like me to wipe your arse for you while I'm at it?

You hate Robinson anyway why do you care?

Odhinn wrote:

Do you use Paul hewson for bono, Stefani Germanotta for Lady Gaga or Bruce Jenner for Kaitlyn? I find it bizarre that you insist on referring to someone who is best known by a different name as an insult.

Would you like me to wipe your arse for you while I'm at it?

You hate Robinson anyway why do you care?

Dumping videos of length into a thread without explanation is considered bad form, as is refusing to give a summary.

Do you use Paul hewson for bono, Stefani Germanotta for Lady Gaga or Bruce Jenner for Kaitlyn? I find it bizarre that you insist on referring to someone who is best known by a different name as an insult.

Considering that "tommy robinson" is actually a name used by a leading figure in the Luton firm of football thugs, I'm being polite, I would have thought.

• Advertisement

You're all so very interested in the videos but not interested enough to click play.

People tend to be reluctant to take three hours out of their day to watch some mystery videos. But don't take my word for it.

I feel a sudden affliction of dumbness of a box of rocks and have forgotten how to express a coherent point via the written word.

In lieu of that I suggest that you check out this video below. It will explain everything that I can't and hopefully you'll be more informed of the problems with argument-ad-youtubem by the end of it.

People tend to be reluctant to take three hours out of their day to watch some mystery videos. But don't take my word for it.

I feel a sudden affliction of dumbness of a box of rocks and have forgotten how to express a coherent point via the written word.

In lieu of that I suggest that you check out this video below. It will explain everything that I can't and hopefully you'll be more informed of the problems with argument-ad-youtubem by the end of it.

I didn't ask any of you to watch anything. People that are interested will watch, people that are not interested or don't have the time won't. Simple really. Let's leave it at that.

I didn't ask any of you to watch anything. People that are interested will watch, people that are not interested or don't have the time won't. Simple really. Let's leave it at that.

Soap boxing via you-tube isn't the done thing, so no, lets please have a summary of the videos if you would.

Soap boxing via you-tube isn't the done thing, so no, lets please have a summary of the videos if you would.

The videos have been deleted now. They are on YouTube If you want to view them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Do you have any thoughts of your own to add to the conversation?

Do you have any thoughts of your own to add to the conversation?

Not really, do you? Any word on Tommy going back to prison ?

No thanks, I'd want a good summary of their contents first.

What are your views on Robinson/Yaxley lennon?

Not really, do you? Any word on Tommy going back to prison ?

I have many, many, times.

The word hagiography springs to mind.

The word hagiography springs to mind.

Yes, I'd imagine tommys tales of derring do with the luton crew, interspersed with anecdotes from his time as a fraudster, would fire up the blood no end.

• Advertisement

I admire his nationalism, as a nationalist myself. I don't believe that he is a racist. He has black friends, Muslim friends. His local football club Luton Town which he is a huge followers have a very multicultural fan base as the town itself is very multicultural. All the right wing football clubs in London loved an away day in Luton as it was a chance to fight the immigrants supporters and Luton hooligan firm (which is also extremely diverse).

I try put myself in his position and question how i would react. I certainly would not want my home town to be populated with the amount of Muslims that are in Luton and I would do my best to stop it. I don't wanna walk down the street and see nothing but Muslims and that's what it's like in parts of Luton. I certainly wouldn't want that here.

I'm not saying I take his word as a journalist as gospel, as much as i wouldn't take Sky News/BBC as gospel.

I admire his nationalism, as a nationalist myself. I don't believe that he is a racist. He has black friends, Muslim friends. His local football club Luton Town which he is a huge followers have a very multicultural fan base as the town itself is very multicultural. All the right wing football clubs in London loved an away day in Luton as it was a chance to fight the immigrants supporters and Luton hooligan firm (which is also extremely diverse).

I try put myself in his position and question how i would react. I certainly would not want my home town to be populated with the amount of Muslims that are in Luton and I would do my best to stop it. I don't wanna walk down the street and see nothing but Muslims and that's what it's like in parts of Luton. I certainly wouldn't want that here.

I'm not saying I take his word as a journalist as gospel, as much as i wouldn't take Sky News/BBC as gospel.

He isn't a journalist.

I decided to watch the first of these videos in the last 5 minutes so that I can give everyone a summary.

The first video starts out fairly OK. It's just Tommy feeding swans in a pond behind a council estate for the first few minutes. He discusses his love of swans and their beautiful, white plumage and shared memories of his father who used to catch the swans and take them home to give them a wash.

After some reminiscing about how the estate used to feel like a community while the camera briefly cuts to a black businessman entering an office in New York, Tommy checks his waders and enters the pond. What happened next was difficult to interpret but after grabbing a swan to an almighty cacophony of honking with feathers flying everywhere, he opens the fly in his waders and proceeds to violently pull the swan into his crotch. What followed was 50 minutes of honking and feathers flying, all while Tommy struggles to keep the distressed swan by his crotch, only ending with a shot of two community police officers approaching and Tommy running back into the flats.

I'm not sure what the point of the film was, to be honest. I'm not a fan of Tommy's and I don't think that the 50 or so minutes of him trying to calm a clearly distressed swan in his crotch won me over. I'm not one to kink-shame but that swan wasn't having fun I felt that this crossed a line and I feel a bit dirty having watched it.

I might check out the other two videos later after I get some counselling and regain my mental fortitude.

I admire his nationalism, as a nationalist myself.

I'm a nationalist, Sinn Fein Voter (at any given opportunity) for over 30 years, and despise him and his ilk.

I don't believe that he is a racist. He has black friends, Muslim friends. His local football club Luton Town which he is a huge followers have a very multicultural fan base as the town itself is very multicultural. All the right wing football clubs in London loved an away day in Luton as it was a chance to fight the immigrants supporters and Luton hooligan firm (which is also extremely diverse).

His language and actions (joining the BNP, founding the EDL etc) would undermine any notion that he is non-racist/islamophobic).

I live adjacent to an area in Dublin where there is a large muslim population a few halal shops and a mosque. It bothers me not in the slightest.

I decided to watch the first of these videos in the last 5 minutes so that I can give everyone a summary.

The first video starts out fairly OK. It's just Tommy feeding swans in a pond behind a council estate for the first few minutes. He discusses his love of swans and their beautiful, white plumage and shared memories of his father who used to catch the swans and take them home to give them a wash.

After some reminiscing about how the estate used to feel like a community while the camera briefly cuts to a black businessman entering an office in New York, Tommy checks his waders and enters the pond. What happened next was difficult to interpret but after grabbing a swan to an almighty cacophony of honking with feathers flying everywhere, he opens the fly in his waders and proceeds to violently pull the swan into his crotch. What followed was 50 minutes of honking and feathers flying, all while Tommy struggles to keep the distressed swan by his crotch, only ending with a shot of two community police officers approaching and Tommy running back into the flats.

I'm not sure what the point of the film was, to be honest. I'm not a fan of Tommy's and I don't think that the 50 or so minutes of him trying to calm a clearly distressed swan in his crotch won me over. I'm not one to kink-shame but that swan wasn't having fun I felt that this crossed a line and I feel a bit dirty having watched it.

I might check out the other two videos later after I get some counselling and regain my mental fortitude.

who was doing the honking?

I'm a nationalist, Sinn Fein Voter (at any given opportunity) for over 30 years, and despise him and his ilk.

His language and actions (joining the BNP, founding the EDL etc) would undermine any notion that he is non-racist/islamophobic).

I live adjacent to an area in Dublin where there is a large muslim population a few halal shops and a mosque. It bothers me not in the slightest.

Sorry i stopped reading after I seen Sinn Fein and nationalist in the same sentence.

*sniff
    Yet another leader with a heart of gold, demonised by leftist race traitors...

https://external-preview.redd.it/FArVOjwexB6mJEflhbo7qJvzUoiU9X3Fu45VQVNpRQc.jpg?auto=webp&76f1741a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

professore wrote: »
    Problem is the people in the UK who are supposed to keep law and order have a hands off approach to Islamic extremists. So it's no surprise groups like this form. Also why he very quickly left the BNP as a teenager when he realised they only admitted white English people.
    ...and then joined forces with a pedophile to form the overtly racist and unashamedly violent EDL, where they wound up having their ranks absolutely stuffed with pedophiles.

Tommy's reaction? To initially defend his pedophile co-founder, and then rather than trying to get to the bottom of the issue of pedophilia among his peers, in the very group he had founded, he decided to have a go at Muslims for having pedophiles in their ranks. If Tommy actually cared whatsoever about victims of pedophilia or bringing child molesters to justice, why is he not exposing those among the EDL pedophiles of whom he would have much more knowledge of, given it is a group he played a central role in creating?

Anyone pretending that Tommy Robinson cares much at all about pedophiles should read up on him or if they already have, should take a long, hard look in the mirror at themselves. Tommy Robinson only cares about shouting about Muslims and immigrants, and those who support him (and his efforts to have pedophiles court cases thrown out by disrupting the trial process) while knowing this information, are no better.

who was doing the honking?

I couldn't tell. There were feathers flying everywhere and whoever was filming had zoomed in enough to frame the swan's body and Tommy's crotch and seemed to leave the camera on a tripod and left if alone until the community police arrived. I couldn't see who was saying or honking what. One of them kept repeating to the other that they should relax and just enjoy it but again, because of the framing of the shot, I couldn't tell if that was the swan or Tommy or even an audio track dubbed in afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ricero wrote: »
    I saw today online that bbc panorama tried to do a stitch up job on Tommy for a new investigation documentary but Tommy had his own secret camera men and will reveal the truth outside bbc Manchester later this month. John Sweeney and some of the producers seem very worried in a video clip I saw of Tommy revealing his hidden video clips.

It's disgusting the fake news culture which is now embedded in established media. Love or hate Tommy it's scary to see this.

It's scary to see people take Tommy Robinson's word for it when he hasn't released the video. Your evidence is a producer "seemed worried". Christ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement