Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sorry i stopped reading after I seen Sinn Fein and nationalist in the same sentence.

Why? Why don't you think Sinn Fein are nationalists?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Why? Why don't you think Sinn Fein are nationalists?

I see no evidence of it. Why do you think they are?

I see no evidence of it. Why do you think they are?

I didn't state that they are, I asked you the question. Why did you stop reading after you saw "Sinn Fein and nationalist in the same sentence"?

Cienciano wrote: »
    It's scary to see people take Tommy Robinson's word for it when he hasn't released the video. Your evidence is a producer "seemed worried". Christ.

What's ever scarier is the millions that will take BBC'S panorama as fact.

I didn't state that they are, I asked you the question. Why did you stop reading after you saw "Sinn Fein and nationalist in the same sentence"?

Because I have seen no evidence of Sinn Fein nationalism certainly not in this century anyway. Do you think Sinn Fein are nationalists?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How would you define Nationalist?

Because I have seen no evidence of Sinn Fein nationalism certainly not in this century anyway. Do you think Sinn Fein are nationalists?

They're a party that from every part of their core, are working towards a united Ireland, that's textbook Irish nationalism.

What's your definition of nationalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

What's ever scarier is the millions that will take BBC'S panorama as fact.
    So what you're saying is believe nothing? Where have I heard that before:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/opinion/russias-ideology-there-is-no-truth.html

Tell me, what news sources, alternative or mainstream, blogger or youtuber is trustworthy? Can we trust Tommy Robinson?

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/12/opinion/russias-ideology-there-is-no-truth.html

Tell me, what news sources, alternative or mainstream, blogger or youtuber is trustworthy? Can we trust Tommy Robinson?

I trust him about as much as I trust the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I trust him about as much as I trust the BBC.
    So you don't trust him? Or you do trust the BBC? Your eagerness to not answer nor explain anything is getting kind of confusing to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Here’s to you tommy robsinon
    Ireland loves u more than u will know
    Woaaaah

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalism

I think this explains it well.

Do you have any opinions or thoughts of your own? All you're offering here are YouTube videos and links to overwrought Wikipedia articles.

What does nationalism mean to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8410133/tommy-robinson-drugs-racist-slur-rant/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550051302

Here’s Tommy in Italy looking for coke and calling taxi drivers “little Pakis”.

Lol, “when have I ever said anything that’s racist?” indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

FTA69 wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8410133/tommy-robinson-drugs-racist-slur-rant/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550051302

Classy guy Tommy/Stephen.

Definitely not racist at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

His followers will still pretend that he's not racist and that everyone talks like that. They'll even present proof in the form of pictures taken with a brown person. I'm not sure if people like this are trolling or are truly that thick when they claim that convicted fraudster Tommy isn't a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

FTA69 wrote: »

I wonder if this poster still thinks Yaxley-Lennon isn't a racist?
    I admire his nationalism, as a nationalist myself. I don't believe that he is a racist. He has black friends, Muslim friends. His local football club Luton Town which he is a huge followers have a very multicultural fan base as the town itself is very multicultural. All the right wing football clubs in London loved an away day in Luton as it was a chance to fight the immigrants supporters and Luton hooligan firm (which is also extremely diverse).

I try put myself in his position and question how i would react. I certainly would not want my home town to be populated with the amount of Muslims that are in Luton and I would do my best to stop it. I don't wanna walk down the street and see nothing but Muslims and that's what it's like in parts of Luton. I certainly wouldn't want that here.

I'm not saying I take his word as a journalist as gospel, as much as i wouldn't take Sky News/BBC as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

I wonder if this poster still thinks Yaxley-Lennon isn't a racist?

Ah would you give the lad a break, he didn't mean it, it was the drugs talking. 😳

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

His followers will still pretend that he's not racist and that everyone talks like that. They'll even present proof in the form of pictures taken with a brown person. I'm not sure if people like this are trolling or are truly that thick when they claim that convicted fraudster Tommy isn't a racist.

I don't think it bothers them. They're just trying to circumvent accusations of racism as it gives people a legitimate excuse to ignore the fake news and conspiracies people like Yaxley-Lennon spread.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

He used a racist slur, it doesn't necessarily mean he is racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Racist or not doesn't make the message he's trying to spread un-true. Not a fan of tommy at all but I see what hes saying hes on about grooming gangs for years no one would listen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

It's a dam fine indication.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If it was a one-off, maybe. But there's a pattern developing.

For someone trying to pass himself off as a genuinely concerned level-headed and non-racist citizen, he has this unbelievable talent for openly coming out with racist remarks on a consistent basis. To film himself proudly blasting racial slurs and then post it on the internet is bringing said talent to staggering new heights.

He's the kind of guy who could shoot himself in the foot from three hundred meters away.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,974 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Being racist isn’t a point against TR in his fan’s eyes. It’s part of his appeal. They might start off saying he’s not racist but that’s only to appease people who think racism is a bad thing.

Debating whether TR is racist should be a fairly short discussion. The interesting question to ask his followers is what difference it would make if he is racist. Would they change their opinion of him or stop following him. I suspect not but open to correction from any of his supporters.

Being racist isn’t a point against TR in his fan’s eyes. It’s part of his appeal. They might start off saying he’s not racist but that’s only to appease people who think racism is a bad thing.

Debating whether TR is racist should be a fairly short discussion. The interesting question to ask his followers is what difference it would make if he is racist. Would they change their opinion of him or stop following him. I suspect not but open to correction from any of his supporters.

I don't think I would be classed as a 'fan' but I honestly do not think Tommy Robinson is a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,974 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't think I would be classed as a 'fan' but I honestly do not think Tommy Robinson is a racist.
    Ok. And what would change if you found out he probably is racist?

Ok. And what would change if you found out he probably is racist?

I would obviously have a negative opinion of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would obviously have a negative opinion of him.

So you dont think he is a racist, he just happens to say racist things.

So you dont think he is a racist, he just happens to say racist things.

In assuming you are referring to the recent Sun article.

I have said racist things, homophobic things and incredibly crude gallows humour to people in the past.

I wouldn't consider myself racist because I made jokes or said to things to my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In assuming you are referring to the recent Sun article.

I have said racist things, homophobic things and incredibly crude gallows humour to people in the past.

I wouldn't consider myself racist because I made jokes or said to things to my friends.

So you dont consider yourself racist but you do say racist things. Makes sense.

• Advertisement

So you dont consider yourself racist but you do say racist things. Makes sense.

Yes. Yes it does.

I admit I have said tasteless things and will probably continue to do so in suitable company.

I've made Jimmy saville jokes too but I don't consider myself a paedophile apologist.

Mind blowing isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement