Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

thebull85 wrote: »
    who asked you? your buddy can answer for himself.

It is a discussion forum. all are free to comment. or do you not like free speech?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

FTA69 wrote: »
    You. You were moaning that you’re not allowed call people Pakis as it’s not a racist term.

I think you need to read the posts before you jump the gun there, chief. I never mentioned the word Asians once.

Do really think this 20 questions charade is fooling anybody.

You gonna answer my original question or just spout out of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Are you implying these people have mental health issues? I assume so since you are calling them nutters.

Calm yourself down there princess.

I don't think those nutters would appreciate you assuming they all have mental health issues.

It appears the 'Irish' branch is made up entirely of Polish and bizarrely ulster unionists. Although maybe not that bizarre.

dav3 wrote: »
    It appears the 'Irish' branch is made up entirely of Polish and bizarrely ulster unionists. Although maybe not that bizarre.

So you didnt see the Belfast protest i take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So you didnt see the Belfast protest i take it?

....belfast protests by who?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

jooksavage wrote: »
    Taytoland wrote: »
    So Bloody Mary didn't exist and the burning of Protestants didn't happen. Of course it happened. One of the reasons Guy Fawkes happened is because he wanted to return England back to the one true faith and get rid of the heretics. You had Catholic resistance for centuries.

We were drawing parallels between todays anti-Islam hysteria and 18-19TH CENTURY anti-Catholicism. You've dragged us all the way back to 1605 to support your argument.... which, FUNNILY ENOUGH, is exactly what the ringleaders of the Gordon riots reached for (and it was considered reaching even then). Turf mentioned Antonia Fraser earlier. Her book is the King and the Catholics. Recommended.
    Read her book on the gunpowder plot and you will learn more about traitor Guy Fawkes wanting to restore the one true faith which he and his buddies wanted to overthrow England.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Odhinn wrote: »
    ....belfast protests by who?

By all the Loyalist thickos giving Nazi salutes presumably.

By all the Loyalist thickos giving Nazi salutes presumably.

Yeah, loyalist nazis waving Irish tricolours.. I dont think so.

As shocking as it may seem to you there are plenty of Irish people who support the likes of Tommy Robinson and they are not nazis.

As shocking as it may seem to you there are plenty of Irish people who support the likes of Tommy Robinson and they are not nazis.

well that is a matter of opinion. i can say without fear of contradiction that they are most definitely thick.

• Advertisement

well that is a matter of opinion. i can say without fear of contradiction that they are most definitely thick.

Anybody giving Nazi salutes is thick ill agree with you on that one.

Anybody giving Nazi salutes is thick ill agree with you on that one.

i was referring to the people who support the likes of tommy robinson. I doubt there was an IQ over 80 at the violent protest in london.

i was referring to the people who support the likes of tommy robinson. I doubt there was an IQ over 80 at the violent protest in london.

Ah you're just a little keyboard warrior, calling people thick over the internet. Im a Tommy Robinson supporter and i tell you one thing you wouldnt call me a thick to me face.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Ive seen that, personally i dont think paki is a racist word and a lot of pakistanis ive met and worked with have described themselves as paki, lets be real here why is it ok to call an austrailian an aussie, or a british person a brit.

But you cant call a pakistani a paki?

Its bull****.

This is complete and utter nonsense. No Pakistani refers to themselves as a "Paki", its Pakistani, unless they are trying to reclaim the word, but that in that context its much like the n-word in that its ok for people from that group to say it.

BTW, my family is from the Azad Kashmir, so I can tell you very clearly no one in the Pakistani community would use that term to describe themselves.

The term is racist term and pretending otherwise is utterly absurd and quite frankly farcical to claim otherwise.

Its a slur aimed at anyone who is South Asian regardless of the national origin of there parents. To pretend otherwise, is simple farce.

Ah you're just a little keyboard warrior, calling people thick over the internet. Im a Tommy Robinson supporter and i tell you one thing you wouldnt call me a thick to me face.

Well at least you live up to the stereotype.

Calls some one else a key board warrior and then post the most key board warrior thing possible :rolleyes:. Nothing more amusing than far right poster supporting people who made there hatred for them abundantly clear.

wes wrote: »
    This is complete and utter nonsense. No Pakistani refers to themselves as a "Paki", its Pakistani, unless they are trying to reclaim the word, but that in that context its much like the n-word in that its ok for people from that group to say it.

BTW, my family is from the Azad Kashmir, so I can tell you very clearly no one in the Pakistani community would use that term to describe themselves.

The term is racist term and pretending otherwise is utterly absurd and quite frankly farcical to claim otherwise.

But why is it ok to use the word Brit or Aussie, is it a case that we are only allowed shorten certain words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If the Gardai ever find a traffic cone in one of their horseboxes they'll know who to suspect now.

wes wrote: »
    Calls some one else a key board warrior and then post the most key board warrior thing possible :rolleyes:. Nothing more amusing than far right poster supporting people who made there hatred for them abundantly clear.

Im no keyboard warrior, if your buddy wants come call me a thick to my face it can be organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

There's no doubting we have our own share of dumb *****.

• Advertisement

But why is it ok to use the word Brit or Aussie, is it a case that we are only allowed shorten certain words.

Context. Its not that hard to understand. It really isn't. One would have to willfully try hard not to understand.

AfterLife wrote: »
    There's no doubting we have our own share of dumb *****.

Tell me about it.

Im no keyboard warrior, if your buddy wants come call me a thick to my face it can be organised.

I'm not his buddy. And i'm very choosy about the company i keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/free-tommy-robinson-rally-in-belfast-photos-36994601.html

Lol. Look at these proud sons of Ulster here.

Oh dear, :rolleyes: I shouldn't have to explain this. Racist use the term "Paki" to racially abuse people of South Asian origin. The term "Brit" or "Aussie" are not used to racially abuse white people. Seriously man you need to learn what context is, otherwise it will be impossible for you to understand the world around you.

Context. Its not that hard to understand. It really isn't. One would have to willfully try hard not to understand.

Calling some a paki b*astard or an brit b*stard or an aussie c*nt, whatever way you want to put it is wrong.

Referring to someone as a brit, an aussie or a paki is not racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Because you'd have a ripping retort that you can't express over the internet? Or because you'd smack him?

Dude, when you resort to that kind of argument, you've lost the argument.

Low IQ thugs the lot of them.

Calling some a paki b*astard or an brit b*stard or an aussie c*nt, whatever way you want to put it is wrong.

Referring to someone as a brit, an aussie or a paki is not racist.

people from pakistan would disagree with you. History disagrees with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭tritriagain

You can back that up can you. I'm no fan of tr but labelling all his supporters thick is really just burying your head in the sand and avoiding the most important issue i.e why do so many people across Europe feel such anger and disconnection from the social and economic future of their Homeland .it's there, and to ignore it is asking for trouble in the long term.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement