Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Freeman stared at woman's breasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

anewme wrote: »
    But is it not true that CNN are standing over their report.?

This is not over yet, in fact it's probably just beginning.

They have no choice. It's Morgan's move now. Either he backs down or he takes them on.
    If he does take legal action it will be a very significant and important battle.

Men vs #Metoo (and Brian)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I totally didn't read any of this thread.

I'm offended if someone doesn't stare at my tits.

Stare away Morgan, stare away.

Pictures Please:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Olsky wrote: »
    They have no choice. It's Morgan's move now. Either he backs down or he takes them on.
    If he does take legal action it will be a very significant and important battle.
    Men vs Metoo.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds next.

Yep it’s his call.

Agree it’s important and significant.

Would be surprised CNN came out with this without having all their ducks in line. They will be aware know how powerful he is.

Both CNN and MF will have access to the best of legal advices.

Would not be surprised if they have something in reserve.

You should respect other people’s opinions.

There are a lot more men who hold Brian’s opinions about respect, than yours, so I would not be so quick to try and mock someone’s character and values.

Is it not against boards charter to pick on people personally.?

It will be interesting to see what unfolds next.

Yep it’s his call.

Agree it’s important and significant.

Would be surprised CNN came out with this without having all their ducks in line. They will be aware know how powerful he is.

Both CNN and MF will have access to the best of legal advices.

Would not be surprised if they have something in reserve.

I'd say they don't. But if it does go to court Morgan will have to mount a robust defense of flirting and staring.(which he has an admitted history of)
    Could be very interesting

Should their be some kind of discreet device put on Male’s Members to see if there is any increase in Blood flow when looking at tits , ass and long legs .

Some kind of mad kinky feminist could decide arbitrarily when less / more blood flow is bad / good .

• Advertisement

I'd say they don't. But if it does go to court Morgan will have to mount a robust defense of flirting and staring.(which he has an admitted history of)
    Could be very interesting

The fact that he apologised will not assist him.

Surprised his legal team vetted that statement.

I suppose it’s down to whether the Court agrees with his (and yours)definition of flirting. I would be surprised if any Court defines unwanted touching as flirting.

I also feel that staring or ogling will not be seen as as positive trait.certainly no advertiser will want to be associated with an ogler/mauler so that revenue stream is gone without a doubt.

Time will tell.

The fact that he apologised will not assist him.

Surprised his legal team vetted that statement.

He didn't necessarily apologize for his actions. He said he was sorry if his actions unintentionally caused offense

I also feel that staring or ogling will not be seen as as positive trait.certainly no advertiser will want to be associated with an ogler/mauler so that revenue stream is gone without a doubt.

Time will tell.

Oh. His career is over. Sponsors have already deserted him. But with respect to whether "ogling" as you quaintly put it is acceptable or not in our society or should be punished severely as in this case, we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,203 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

He needs the death penalty before those screeching will be appeased.

:D
    I suppose it’s down to whether the Court agrees with his (and yours)definition of flirting.

That would be a fascinating debate and one that is long overdue. In my opinion it is time someone stood up to #metoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,730 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Oh. His career is over.

Nah. Hardly. So far we have proof of inappropriate comments and only when taken completely void of context.

In contrast, TJ Miller, according to a girl in college circa 2001, "became violent with her during a sexual encounter; he allegedly choked, shook, and punched her in the mouth, all without her consent." - while HBO immediately yanked him from Silicon Valley (great show with or without him tbh) he has still seen many returns, as recently as reprising his role in Deadpool 2 this past weekend, had been in Ready Player One and the Emoji Movie (bleh) and is still on the docket for How to Train Your Dragon 3, 6 months after the allegations surfaced... though recently Ryan Reynolds did confirm he won't be in the X-Force/Deadpool 3 movie, most likely because a couple weeks ago he was arrested for calling in a fake bomb threat on a train and faces up to 5 years in prison (really ****s up a production schedule). I'd say it's more to do with the bomb threat then the sexual assault allegation.

I think Morgan Freeman will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I understand power plays and the like from people in positions - but would most people not be able to get someone to back off with stern words? Like an incredulous "What are you doing? Are you fúcking high?" I think there's a difference between someone being a fúcking asshole - and someone being a fúcking criminal asshole. I kind of get the impression Freeman was being a dick who didn't realise he was being a dick, rather than an "abuser".

That said, I do feel that if someone knowingly does these things with the confidence no-one will question them because of their "status" and influence, they should get every fúcking thing that's coming to them.

I understand power plays and the like from people in positions - but would most people not be able to get someone to back off with stern words? Like an incredulous "What are you doing? Are you fúcking high?" I think there's a difference between someone being a fúcking asshole - and someone being a fúcking criminal asshole. I kind of get the impression Freeman was being a dick who didn't realise he was being a dick, rather than an "abuser".

That said, I do feel that if someone knowingly does these things with the confidence no-one will question them because of their "status" and influence, they should get every fúcking thing that's coming to them.

I'd appreciate it if you would watch the video below and let me know whether you consider these the actions of a fücking asshole on a power trip

Originally Posted by Olsky View Post
    Clip of the reporter that wrote the article trying to justify her claim that the now infamous "Boy, do I wish I was there" comment is sexual harassment directed at her. And not a response to what Michael Caine had just said. Bear in mind as well that Freemans lawyers have videotape that clearly show that her claims of sexual harassment off camera were fictitious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlOX6juGQVQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

ha ha - looks like he was replying to Caine's comment where he spoke of his embarresment. As for the "staring and looking up and down".. oh for ****'s sake. What a load of bollox. It doesn't look like anything at all to me! Maybe the little white lady was afraid of the black man?

Oh. His career is over. Sponsors have already deserted him. But with respect to whether "ogling" as you quaintly put it is acceptable or not in our society or should be punished severely as in this case, we have a fundamental difference of opinion.

if a celebrity wants a career and endorsements they can’t be an “”ogler”.

I don’t believe it should be punished by law, (gropers are different) oglers comes across as a bit pathetic and sad, definitely not a marketable commodity. But not much more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

It's not socially acceptable or OK or un-noteworthy to be the "creepy uncle" anymore, in these post #metoo times, and that's what we're seeing here with Freeman.

It doesn't mean he should be conflated with the likes of Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey or lumped in with actual criminal sexual assault cases and serial rapists, and that's where it gets murky. #metoo shouldn't be a catch-all for every type of mistreatment against women, because they are not all equal and they are not all illegal or prosecutable. They don't alter lives in the same way.

Show me a woman who has not met a creepy uncle type and I'll show you a liar. Freeman is one of the most famous actors on the planet and he rose to fame in 1970s/80s Hollywood, when these sorts of behaviour were tolerated and even expected and women just put up with it. We're no longer needing to put up with it. Which is great. But jesus if we start trying to call out these wrongs and lumping them in with serious sexual assault and rape it just lessens the seriousness of these crimes and their victims in my opinion.

And lads, having your breasts ogled or your body commented on non-stop by an 80 year old man, or any man for that matter, is pretty fcuking gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does he not mean he wishes he was there when Caine told the woman she was pregnant 50 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I love breasts I could sit and watch them for hours especially the big ones :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I totally didn't read any of this thread.

I'm offended if someone doesn't stare at my tits.

Stare away Morgan, stare away.

Are they worth an oul' stare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Are they worth an oul' stare?

What diddies aren't worth an 'oul stare?

Hooters, so they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

WTF there is nothing there at all. He didn't look her up and down and has a neutral expression on his face. It's obvious he wished he had been there when Caine had the embarrassing moment. If she thinks THAT is a sexual comment it's no wonder she gets "sexually harassed" all the time.

Seems to me like one of those women who thinks she is so hot that any comment or glance is sexual towards her. Horrible humourless bitches that need to be steered well clear of.

Her body language is screaming "I'm lying" too.

And she looks pretty flat chested to me. Not much there to stare at TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Amprodude wrote: »
    I love breasts I could sit and watch them for hours especially the big ones :):)

So does the man himself

What diddies aren't worth an 'oul stare?

Hooters, so they are.

Need accurate specifications in order to validate claims

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

It's only a matter of time before some mad feminist sues some poor guy with aspergers for not cottoning on to all these new social rules they make up on what seems like a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

jesus christ, freeman says he wishes he was there to see michael caines embarrassment and that’s now implied to be sexual harassment.

The world is *****D

jesus christ, freeman says he wishes he was there to see michael caines embarrassment and that’s now implied to be sexual harassment.

The world is *****D

???

The world is 8====D ?

if a celebrity wants a career and endorsements they can’t be an “”ogler”.

I don’t believe it should be punished by law,
    DrWu wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before some mad feminist sues some poor guy with aspergers for not cottoning on to all these new social rules they make up on what seems like a weekly basis.

Oh. I think we're already there.

Man jailed for creepily staring at Glasgow pharmacy assistant.
    Admitting the charge, the accused was sentenced to 70 days in prison

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15622122.Man_jailed_for_creepily_staring_at_Glasgow_pharmacy_assistant_through_window/

A man has appeared in court charged with staring at Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24536996

Oh. I think we're already there.

Man jailed for creepily staring at Glasgow pharmacy assistant.
    Admitting the charge, the accused was sentenced to 70 days in prison

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15622122.Man_jailed_for_creepily_staring_at_Glasgow_pharmacy_assistant_through_window/

A man has appeared in court charged with staring at Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24536996

The Pharmacy guy was dangerous and a lunatic. I dont blame the police being cuncerned for her safety. I remember reading about they case before. Kiind of guy to have a knife. He seemed mentally ill. Safety is a priority. No offence but I don't think that's what Morgan Freeman is alleged to have done.

The Pharmacy guy was dangerous and a lunatic. I dont blame the police being cuncerned for her safety. I remember reading about they case before. Kiind of guy to have a knife. He seemed mentally ill. Safety is a priority. No offence but I don't think that's what Morgan Freeman is alleged to have done.

There is no indication that he was a dangerous lunatic. He did not have a knife or any weapon.
    The crime of which he was charged and for which he was sentenced to jail was STARING.

The major accusation against Morgan Freeman is that he is guilty of STARING.

The allegations are not that different.

• Advertisement

Could the women have traffic light system .

Green for Look

Amber for a sly sideways look .

Red for Poke your eyes out if a feminist take a breath .

Advertisement