Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Freeman stared at woman's breasts.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Olsky wrote: »
    There is no indication that he was a dangerous lunatic. He did not have a knife or any weapon.
    The crime of which he was charged and for which he was sentenced to jail was STARING.

The major accusation against Morgan Freeman is that he is guilty of STARING.

The allegations are not that different.

The guy in Scotland was arrested and pleaded guilty to menacing behaviour not staring. He had his face pressed up against the window and was behaving in an intimidating fashion.

Man ran when approached by the police only to return when they went and was considered a risk to that lady's personal personal safety.

the man who hassled Nicola Sturgeon was similar.

More like stalking behaviour.

Both rightly convicted

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

anewme wrote: »
    The guy in Scotland was arrested and pleaded guilty to menacing behaviour not staring. He had his face pressed up against the window and was behaving in an intimidating fashion.

The menacing behaviour was STARING. Nothing else. He was found guilty of STARING in an intimidating fashion. And jailed for 70 days

"He was spotted walking past the pharmacy, again staring in towards the same counter assistant. The police arrived and arrested Yexley for the menacing behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Man ran when approached by the police only to return when they went and was considered a risk to that lady's personal personal safety.

the man who hassled Nicola Sturgeon was similar.

More like stalking behaviour.

Both rightly convicted

The only way you could be a bigger loser than being a stalker, is by being Nicola Sturgeons stalker.

Gravelly wrote: »
    The only way you could be a bigger loser than being a stalker, is by being Nicola Sturgeons stalker.

It’s certainly strange but politicians (both male and female) have long since been the targets of nutcases.

Look at Jo Cox.

Police 100 % right to treat both of these incidents as alarming and dangerous.

It’s a bit different to “creepy uncle” behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Nearly crashed the car looking at diddies today.

Protip: Sunglasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Nearly crashed the car looking at diddies today.

Protip: Sunglasses.

A pro would have a dashcam and then watch it back in glorious 1080p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Anybody know the rules ?

Are they written ?

Any rules for Women ?

Will feminists stick by the rules ? or if they can’t whinge fest will they want very abstract rules ?

This guys ogling Of boobs and passing comments have got him into big trouble. Possible loss of career.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-nurse-could-be-struck-off-for-pulling-fire-alarm-to-watch-breasts-20180530

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

This guys ogling Of boobs and passing comments have got him into big trouble. Possible loss of career.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-nurse-could-be-struck-off-for-pulling-fire-alarm-to-watch-breasts-20180530
    You’d think they would at least show the breasts !

How are we to know if it was worth it ?;)

Seems reasonable. Sounds a bit like what Paul Newman once said when asked why he was faithful to his wife " Why go out for a burger when you can have steak at home" Turned out later he went out for a lot of burgers.

When he was asked why he reportedly told a colleague she had a 'fine rump' he hit back saying that he was talking about the steak he would be having that evening.

"The conversation was around what individuals like to eat and drink and I recall me saying I drink Jack Daniel's and Amaretto and the fact that my wife was a vegan, but when I go out I will have a steak," he said.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Not 100% specific to Mr Freeman.
    To all the people who are now wondering "how much can I stare, am I allowed to to say if I can touch her bum, what are the exact rules?"

Well, it's easy. You don't stare, you don't grab and you don't ask them questions of a personal nature about their bodies or their sexual habits.
    Not being a creep and a perv is very easy if you just follow these simple rules that, quite frankly, any moron can follow with a minimum amount of practice.
    Or as a rule of thumb, treat women like human beings and the way you would like to be treated in return.
    I really cannot understand what's so fcuking hard about that.
    Just don't be a fcuking creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

To all the people who are now wondering "how much can I stare, am I allowed to to say if I can touch her bum, what are the exact rules?"

Well, it's easy. You don't stare, you don't grab and you don't ask them questions of a personal nature about their bodies or their sexual habits.
    Not being a creep and a perv is very easy if you just follow these simple rules that, quite frankly, any moron can follow with a minimum amount of practice.
    Or as a rule of thumb, treat women like human beings and the way you would like to be treated in return.
    Is glancing ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Only if you're good looking.

The better you look, the more you see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Sunglasses should cover the staring issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Well, it's easy. You don't stare

If staring wasn't allowed, I'd never have gotten married.

Men and women have stared at people they fancied since time immemorial - let's not get our knickers bunched up too tight here - staring isn't rape, whatever the feminists might tell you.

*EDIT* the "staring is rape" brigade wouldn't want to go to Italy, where the pre-dinner ritual of la passeggiata is basically where people stare at each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

I thought that was Stevie Wonder?
    Gold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

It doesn't matter how rich and famous you are, some men can't interact coherently or competently with women they find attractive. It can come off as creepy but I'd hazard a guess that if the person initiating is good looking then their flirting faux pas would be chalked up as 'cute' alternatively if the person is not attractive, the exact same behavior is labelled creepy. Reminds me of Tiger Woods when he became famous, he became buddies with Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley et al and would go to night clubs with them. Woods was a bit of a shy, reserved geek and was astonished and curious at how his buddies had an easy rapport with and had beautiful women hanging off them. He solicited advice from Jordan as to how to in his own words "to talk to girls".

Jordan, uncomprehending and a bit taken aback, told him, to just go up to someone, anyone and simply say "Hello, I'm Tiger Woods". Job done.

Freeman ought to have done much the same i.e. just to be himself, the staring and the awkwardness would have been unnecessary. All he needed to do to was introduce himself.

"Hello, I'm Morgan Freeman"

And to illustrate how effective that would have been, I bet you read the above quote using his voice in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I think staring at people while eating a banana is just really wrong.

blinding wrote: »
    Anybody know the rules ?

Are they written ?

Any rules for Women ?

Will feminists stick by the rules ? or if they can’t whinge fest will they want very abstract rules ?

Men and women have stared at people they fancied since time immemorial - let's not get our knickers bunched up too tight here - staring isn't rape, whatever the feminists might tell you.

(
    valoren wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how rich and famous you are, some men can't interact coherently or competently with women they find attractive. It can come off as creepy but I'd hazard a guess that if the person initiating is good looking then their flirting faux pas would be chalked up as 'cute' alternatively if the person is not attractive, the exact same behavior is labelled creepy.

There is a Victorian puritaism about the #metoo brigade that is deeply disturbing and is having a deeply negative effect on interactions between men and women. Equating staring with rape and saying there has to be rigid rules that govern any interactions between men and women with any touching, flirting or staring now forbidden because these are things that disrespect women has destroyed any spontaneity and left men terrified. And I think that it is incorrect to assume that all women are in favour of this new order.
    Some women lliked being flirted with and admired. They didn't all automatically think that this was always sleazy or wrong. Or think that all interactions between men and women should only be through dating apps with informed consent and rigid rules.

There is a Victorian puritaism about the #metoo brigade that is deeply disturbing and is having a deeply negative effect on interactions between men and women. Equating staring with rape and saying there has to be rigid rules that govern any interactions between men and women with any touching, flirting or staring now forbidden because these are things that disrespect women has destroyed any spontaneity and left men terrified. And I think that it is incorrect to assume that all women are in favour of this new order.
    Some women lliked being flirted with and admired. They didn't all automatically think that this was always sleazy or wrong. Or think that all interactions between men and women should only be through dating apps with informed consent and rigid rules.

There is a time and a place for everything.
    Touching people or ogling people in work is just asking for trouble.

If someone needs to be told how to conduct themselves in a professional or even a social setting they should get some personal coaching.

The majority of people who just behave normallly, do not need this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

There is a time and a place for everything.
    Touching people or ogling people in work is just asking for trouble.

If someone needs to be told how to conduct themselves in a professional or even a social setting they should get some personal coaching.

It would need to be the right sort of coaching though. Full approval from The Board needed.

Why don't woman just meet us halfway on this and cover themselves head to toe. In fact we could kill two birds with the one stone if that happened.

Free to enjoy the local dishco and tunes in peace while ye wait outside for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

*EDIT* the "staring is rape" brigade wouldn't want to go to Italy, where the pre-dinner ritual of la passeggiata is basically where people stare at each other!

Jaysus the Finns are truly fooked then.

It would need to be the right sort of coaching though. Full approval from The Board needed.

I think that is the whole agenda of #metoo. Men need to be retaught how to interact with women.
    We need to be made aware of the new order. And of what is acceptable and what is forbidden.
    Touching, staring and flirting are now inappropriate and unacceptable. I think that is exactly why they went after Morgan Freeman. Because that is all he hg as been accused and convicted of.
    It is a deeply puritanical agenda and not that much different from what ISIS was trying to achieve in their society.

I think that is the whole agenda of #metoo. Men need to be retaught how to interact with women.
    We need to be made aware of the new order. And of what is acceptable and what is forbidden.

Touching, staring and flirting are now inappropriate and unacceptable. I think that is exactly why they went after Morgan Freeman. Because that is all he hg as been accused and convicted of.
    It is a deeply puritanical agenda and not that much different from what ISIS was trying to achieve in their society.

Its called personal responsibility.

The people asking here how they should behave clearly need help if they are asking? If they really want to know, then they need to re educate themselves. Its not my place or anyone elses to do so. If they haven't got the cop on or self awareness of how to conduct themselves in a working environment then they need to seek professional advice.

Morgan Freeman apologised for his actions - "clearly I was not coming across the way I intended". If you are concerned how you are coming across to the extent that you could lose your job, then it is prudent to take some responsibility for yourself.

If any man needs to be told he cant touch anyones skirt or make sexual comments in a working environment, then he needs to educate himself or he will get into trouble.

I wont be changing my dress sense just to suit someone who cant conduct themselves properly. If anyone pushes any boundaries with me, they will be told where to go in no uncertain terms. As I said earlier, the majority of people, men and women have a sense of Emotional Intelligence are able to behave normally and never have to worry about this type of crap.

Advertisement