Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Freeman stared at woman's breasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My good friends, please do not hold me accountable for the most natural thing in the world.

It reminds me of the time I was fishing down on the banks of the Biloxi River. I was having no such luck. Cast, reel, cast, reel, cast. It was a humid, cloudy summers day and I was about ready to give up when I averted my gaze.

A white woman of I'd say 25 emerged from the water on the opposite bank. Now, back then modesty was a thing, women covered up, especially when bathing and such. However, that gown clung to her body and revealed a body that Marilyn Monroe could have envied.

Naturally, I was drawn to her breasts. Large, globelike and pure. The nipples were pert and if I wasn't careful they wouldn't have been the only thing. She was beautiful, and so were her breasts. I don't know about you but I think admiring beauty hurts nobody.

I was so distracted that I hadn't noticed she saw me, smirked a wry smile and retreated back into the woodland.

I looked down at my fishing line to see it bobbling merrily in the water. I reeled with all I could and dragged in a large bass. Maybe that distraction was just what I needed.

Now I'm getting off point here but at the end of the day, did either of us lose anything that day? No. But I gained a fish and a memory that would last a lifetime.

She was God's creation afterall, and who am I not to stare in awe.

Those breasts were like sunshine on a cloudy day, and we all need that.

M

That brought a tear to my eye. God bless you Morgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

anewme wrote: »
    you can t ask women wearing skirts in work if they are wearing knickers or you will end up sacked.

You don't need to anyway, just check their shoes for dandruff. Amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

It's clearly time to eradicate men.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's completely inappropriate behaviour and amounts to sexual harrassment in the workplace. Stop with the men being men crap.

What does his age have to do with anything? Being old is a free pass to harrass women now?

I'm sorry but anti-harassment laws have been in place in the US for decades, as they have been in many other western countries. If a man says something or makes a gesture toward a woman that is "inappropriate", step up and make the damn complaint. It's bloody obvious that if a man makes these comments, and nobody complains/informs him, then he is going to continue doing so, probably in the mistaken belief that he's being humorous.

This power-distance rubbish is just a way to excuse women who didn't stop the males behavior. It was a reasonable reason 40 years ago, but both the law and society have moved on.. It encourages them to have the status as victims without any way to protect themselves, and yet the law/society both have methods in place to protect women.

As for actions done 20 years ago, how can we really judge accurately? It's human nature that our memories change over time, and often based on our emotional state (which could be related or from other experiences) can directly affect those memories.

I've had a look at the articles on Freeman, and yes, he comes across as being out of line, on more than one occasion. I didn't see any mention of women who asked him to stop, and his continuing the same behavior regardless of their objections. Instead, it's women who behaved differently around him, or changed the clothes they were wearing. Very little actual verbal or written objections...
    Let's not forget that he also had an affair with his step granddaughter who he had known since she was a child. Suppose that's natural and normal too? It's not like they're actually related right? Nope. Also creepy and an abuse of power. I'm seeing a pattern here

You're seeing what you want to see. So perhaps there is a pattern.

I do find it interesting though. If his step-granddaughter was having a sexual relationship with him, doesn't her choice come into things? What? He had indoctrinated and programmed her to sleep with him over an extended period of time while she was an adult? And the claims about the affair came from the man who killed her? Hmm...

This is more of the same crap. Women have no agency to run their own lives. The granddaughter is a victim of Freeman because she might have had an affair with him. Might. No proof since both of them denied it on multiple occasions. Women in the workplace have no agency because he is more powerful than they are. Little to no proof to the actual claims, or actual objections at the time of the incidents.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Stared at breasts? The bastard! Time for an old fashioned negro lynchin. Wait here, I'll get the banjo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Prone meself to looking at breasts.

Breasts are like the sun, never look directly at them unless you are wearing sunglasses.

Breasts are like the sun, never look directly at them unless you are wearing sunglasses.

Careful now... Even with sunglasses, she will just know you are staring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Oh that Bill Cosby.
    Still though he was great in The Heat Of The 12 Years in Shawshank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Olsky wrote: »
    One woman told CNN that sometimes Freeman would "come over to my desk to say hi and he'd just stand there and stare at me. He would stare at my breasts."

"If I ever passed him he would stare at me in an awkward way, would look me up and down sometimes stopping and just staring," she said. "One time he stopped, looked me up and down as I walked into a room of people,

Four women who worked in production capacities on movie sets with Freeman over the last ten years described him as behaving in ways that made women feel uncomfortable at work. Three said he made public comments about women's clothing or bodies.

Three entertainment reporters who spoke to CNN said Freeman made inappropriate remarks to them during press junkets.

Six former staffers said they witnessed Freeman's questionable behavior around women, which they said included sexual comments and one said included an incident of unsolicited touching.

A CNN article

What planet is this one living on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Your Face wrote: »
    Oh that Bill Cosby.

mmmm, that is a tasty burger. He got all the best lines

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Quandary

003CF83A00000258-2840523-Red_Freeman_played_Andy_s_prison_friend_who_in_the_book_was_actu-47_1416387780954.jpg

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about, I was fixated by their breasts. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing because their breasts were so beautiful, their beauty couldn't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those breasts sat higher and more pertly than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful, ample breasted bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free to stare at women's breasts."

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Your Face wrote: »
    Oh that Bill Cosby.

That was Samuel L Jackson. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

Have there been any complaints from those penguins yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

"I wish I was there" - Freeman to pregnant woman - "You are ripe"

At least he was funny when he was harrassing people

Sure that sounds bad, but then if you imagine it in Morgan Freeman's voice you realize it's actually charming AF because if Morgan Freeman told me to rub the lotion on my skin, I would do it....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This is getting a bit goddam frickin ridiculous.

It's now considered inappropriate to stare at someone's (presumably covered) breasts?

As a fan of breasts myself I've undoubtedly stared at countless pairs of them over the years.

#notremorsefulintheslightesteither

That was Samuel L Jackson. Idiot.

Racist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭facehugger99

This is getting a bit goddam frickin ridiculous.

It's now considered inappropriate to stare at someone's (presumably covered) breasts?

As a fan of breasts myself I've undoubtedly stared at countless pairs of them over the years.

#notremorsefulintheslightesteither

There's a big difference between an appreciative glance and staring.

Staring is creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Jetstone wrote: »
    As is trying to control somone by dictating where they point their own eyes. #bodilyautonomy

Bodily autonomy is only for women, men don't count.
    As a younger man I was groped by older women in the workplace in two seperate places of employment and was told I should enjoy it when I brought it up, it's only a bit of fun. People can recognize that something like that is wrong but in practice there are two different sets of rules for men and women.

There's a big difference between an appreciative glance and staring.

Staring is creepy.

The way I look at it, if they're in a low cut top, cleavage fully visible, then they're effectively on display.

Granted there's a difference in a quick glance and leering at them, so much so that you'd make the lady feel uncomfortable.

I try to live by the look but don't touch rule myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Careful now... Even with sunglasses, she will just know you are staring.

That's why you take your hand outta your trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrWu

Man stares at boobs. A whisker away from going full Bundy.

You can stare at my mahatmas all day long lads

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

there isn't a judge in the world will convict him for first degree staring, they'll just keep hearing him narrating the trial in their heads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There's only one thing for it in my view.

All men should henceforth have their eyes and hands removed lest the thought of ogling or groping cross their filthy, depraved minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

You can't even sneak a look at a woman these days, I'm convinced they can hear you looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bambi wrote: »
    there isn't a judge in the world will convict him for first degree staring, they'll just keep hearing him narrating the trial in their heads

With that voice he can grab mine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What's the situation with moobs? Are they also off-limits or, on the basis that men don't matter, are we allowed ogle those away to our hearts content?
    If so, and on the further basis that assuming gender is a big no-no, can one just stare at breasts, and if brought to task, simply say "sorry love, I didn't want to assume your gender and just thought you were a fat bloke"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

• Advertisement

Let's leave Gandhi out of this.

Advertisement