Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgan Freeman stared at woman's breasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If you're staring you're a creep

What is OK.
    A look then look away or at face then another look.
    Then take out your glasses, clean them and have another look. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

This thing happened 20 years ago. Oh ffs move on whoever you are. That's what happened then and the way thing's were right or not.

Someone touched my arse and another put their hand on my leg in a club admittedly I was not too happy about that and took it off but I am not trying to claim I was sexualy harassed now it was 10 and 20 years ago. You move on.

MORGAN FREEMAN is a legend. Leave the man alone you attention seeking cow or cows.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Olsky wrote: »
    She is claiming the when he touched her skirt twenty years ago with what she assumed was the intention of lifting it, although he didn't succeed in his endeavours if that was indeed his intention that another named actor made a comment to the effect that he should desist. The actor in question has not made any statement backing up this allegation.

You must be talking about one of the other allegations.

The one I am taking about is from 2015, not twenty years ago. This lady claims he tried more than once to lift her skirt and touched her inappropriately..

(CNN)A young production assistant thought she had landed the job of her dreams when, in the summer of 2015, she started work on "Going In Style," a bank heist comedy starring Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Alan Arkin.

But the job quickly devolved into several months of harassment, she told CNN. She alleges that Freeman subjected her to unwanted touching and comments about her figure and clothing on a near-daily basis. Freeman would rest his hand on her lower back or rub her lower back, she said.
    In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

AMKC wrote: »
    This thing happened 20 years ago. Oh ffs move on whoever you are. That's what happened then and the way thing were right or not.

Someone touched my arse and another put their hand on my leg in a club admittedly I was not too happy about that and took it off but I am not trying to claim I was sexualy harassed now it was 10 and 20 years ago. You move on.

MORGAN FREEMAN is a legend. Leave the man alone you attention seeking cow or cows.

It was 2015 not twenty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

........................giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I thought Jimmy Savile was a right rotter. But this is just another level of depravity.

Hang him!

She is claiming the when he touched her skirt twenty years ago with what she assumed was the intention of lifting it, although he didn't succeed in his endeavours if that was indeed his intention that another named actor made a comment to the effect that he should desist. The actor in question has not made any statement backing up this allegation.

If he’s persisting with the same behavior since 1998 in the incident you mention and then almost 17 years later in 2015 doing the exact same thing that really shows a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

anewme wrote: »
    If he’s persisting with the same behavior since 1998 in the incident you mention and then almost 17 years later in 2015 doing the exact same thing that really shows a pattern.

My mistake. Got the dates wrong. There is only one anonymous allegation his hand brushing a woman's skirt in an alleged failed attempt to lift it. So no pattern. Unless there was one in her skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 VainHard Bendix

then almost 17 years later in 2015 doing the exact same thing

Rehabilitated. Let's see now. You know, come to think of it, I have no idea what that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

These movements start in tragedy and always end in farce. Starts off with the real and horrendous abuses of Weinstein and ends up with a man who stares at breasts.

• Advertisement

These movements start in tragedy and always end in farce. Starts off with the real and horrendous abuses of Weinstein and ends up with a man who stares at breasts.

Please note that the same anonymous woman who is claiming that he touched her skirt is also alleging that on another occasion he " rested his hand on her back"

My mistake. Got the dates wrong. There is only one anonymous allegation his hand brushing a woman's skirt in an alleged failed attempt to lift it. So no pattern. Unless there was one in her skirt.

You also got the incident wrong as well, you say he brushed against her skirt once; but this claim is that he tried to lift her skirt numerous times, spoke to her inappropriately (you can t ask women wearing skirts in work if they are wearing knickers or you will end up sacked ) and also that he touched her inappropriately more than once.

You are describing a very different allegation. The one I have outlined is clearly one of sexual harassment at work.

Maybe the pattern in the skirt dazzled him and he reached out to steady himself; who knows.

It should be said that these are allegations, however he has issued an apology and not refuted them.

The screen actors guild are considering sanctions, ie, revoking his lifetime achievement award given in January, so it is being taken seriously.

he touched her inappropriately more than once.

You are describing a very different allegation. The one I have outlined is clearly one of sexual harassment at work.

The inappropriate touching that she is alleging is that he put his hand on her back. He was 77 at the time. So all human touch has now become suspect and "inappropriate" and sexual harassment.

And yes he will now be publicly humiliated and disgraced so congratulations on another scalp.

Maybe its time all men were neutered to purify them of any inappropriate sexual thoughts or feelings towards women.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

"I wish I was there"
    "You are ripe"
    "Boy, do I wish I was there"

Impossible not to read those quotes in his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Let me tell you something my friend. Breasts is a dangerous thing. Staring at breasts can drive a man insane.

The inappropriate touching that she is alleging is that he put his hand on her back. He was 77 at the time. So all human touch has now become suspect and "inappropriate" and sexual harassment.

The allegations are:

He tried to lift her skirt numerous times.
    He asked was she wearing underwear.
    He touched and rubbed her back.

Irrespective if he was 27, or 77, if these allegations are true, to subject an employee to this is completely creepy, an abuse of power and sexual harassment in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

How dare this loathsome male look at and even *gasp* touch a precious woman.
    String him up! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,037 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Damn you evolution!
    Why did you make us like looking at breasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And yes he will now be publicly humiliated and disgraced so congratulations on another scalp.

Maybe its time all men were neutered to purify them of any inappropriate sexual thoughts or feelings towards women.

And that he tried to lift her skirt on numerous occasions, Asked her if she was wearing knickers and also unwanted touching to the extent that another actor told him to stop it. Doesn't sound so innocent to me, it's creepy. Is that how you behave at work? I hope not. It's completely inappropriate behaviour and amounts to sexual harrassment in the workplace. Stop with the men being men crap.

What does his age have to do with anything? Being old is a free pass to harrass women now?

Let's not forget that he also had an affair with his step granddaughter who he had known since she was a child. Suppose that's natural and normal too? It's not like they're actually related right? Nope. Also creepy and an abuse of power. I'm seeing a pattern here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

NIMAN wrote: »
    Damn you evolution!
    Why did you make us like looking at breasts?

It's nothing to do with arse anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxQoBlTLOIk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It was only a matter of time. Never should have been granted parole from Shawshank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

IMG_20180525_090702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Allinall

The allegations are:

He tried to lift her skirt numerous times.
    He asked was she wearing underwear.
    He touched and rubbed her back.

Irrespective if he was 27, or 77, if these allegations are true, to subject an employee to this is completely creepy, an abuse of power and sexual harassment in the workplace.

Jaysus. I thought people were taking this seriously.

This post has re-assured me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Give the guy a break. He was in prison bumming Tim Robbins for 20 years.

Okay, one last time. These are small…but those out there are far away. Small…...........far away.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's completely inappropriate behaviour and amounts to sexual harrassment in the workplace. Stop with the men being men crap.
    Indeed. We are terrified and we are trying as best we can to suppress our sexuality and stop being men and become eunuchs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

It was only a matter of time. Never should have been granted parole from Shawshank.

brookes wz ere 19k52

Allinall wrote: »
    Jaysus. I thought people were taking this seriously.

This post has re-assured me.
    Indeed. We are terrified and we are trying as best we can to suppress our sexuality and stop being men and become eunuchs instead.

That one should reassure you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

This is getting ridiculous at this stage and that woman should be told to go and fcuk off with herself that she should be flattered anyone have her a second glance because from now on no one will ever look sideways at her again for fear the stupid cow will make a complaint in 5/10/15 years time about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Morgan Freeman

My good friends, please do not hold me accountable for the most natural thing in the world.

It reminds me of the time I was fishing down on the banks of the Biloxi River. I was having no such luck. Cast, reel, cast, reel, cast. It was a humid, cloudy summers day and I was about ready to give up when I averted my gaze.

A white woman of I'd say 25 emerged from the water on the opposite bank. Now, back then modesty was a thing, women covered up, especially when bathing and such. However, that gown clung to her body and revealed a body that Marilyn Monroe could have envied.

Naturally, I was drawn to her breasts. Large, globelike and pure. The nipples were pert and if I wasn't careful they wouldn't have been the only thing. She was beautiful, and so were her breasts. I don't know about you but I think admiring beauty hurts nobody.

I was so distracted that I hadn't noticed she saw me, smirked a wry smile and retreated back into the woodland.

I looked down at my fishing line to see it bobbling merrily in the water. I reeled with all I could and dragged in a large bass. Maybe that distraction was just what I needed.

Now I'm getting off point here but at the end of the day, did either of us lose anything that day? No. But I gained a fish and a memory that would last a lifetime.

She was God's creation afterall, and who am I not to stare in awe.

Those breasts were like sunshine on a cloudy day, and we all need that.

M

Advertisement