Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

For those on PS4 there is a 4.28Gb update to install for weekend 2 of the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone reaching level 10 on the beta will receive bonus Hammer Shotgun when game is released in October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I can’t get it to start at all ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

anyone have a pc code?

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Its working now (xbox)

Got in...thanks.

I like it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

That circular minimap sucks big time. Way too small and doesn't get adjusted to the safe area. Gets in the way most of the time.

Dialogue volume is way too low for the flat mix/IW mix have not tried the rest of the settings.

Capture radius for domination is stupid small, have to be practically on top of the flag to cap.

18 seconds or so on a UAV thought it was 30?!

Loving it so far. I think locking on to air support (UAV) is a bit too quick and spawns are a bit dodgy right now. Haven't tried dom yet.

Spawns are dodgy, locking on is fine 2 seconds. Shotguns are trash, point blank headshot and I got hit markers (player AFK)

The PILA against players is crazy!

I love and hate how the perks are balanced.

Can't find a sensitivity that suits me. Is there an ADS sensitivity on PC?

Right now its way quicker to take down a chopper gunner with only gun fire and not the launcher. First one didnt last p1ssing time.

That's probably because the PILA takes about a week to reload. There's a perk for faster reload on launchers.

• Advertisement

Okay, ground war has drastically changed my opinion of how much I like this game, sucks so bad and that map is a joke. Spawns are broken literally spawn in a snipers sight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ground war is the only reason im holding out on this game, played an hour there now and enjoyed it.
    Had no issues with spawns, just make sure your not selecting a spawn point in the middle of being captured.
    As for the map, too many hiding places but it feels like im playing a decent modern BF title which im not but that seems to be what they went for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

claiva wrote: »
    and then how does the guy that I game share with get access to the beta ?

Just to get back to this, so long as your friend has an activision account, should be no issue.

My oh set up an activision acc and was able to use other profiles.

I’m loving the tdm (most games) I’m finding it quite dark though. Hard to see enemies.

I'll have to give it groundwar another go, I think what bothered me was it poorly imitates BF. Vehicles with no destruction to the environment is just a bad idea.

That cave map is really poor for lighting. TDM is the only decent mode domination is terrible it does not encourage players to play the objective because the capture radius is too small, you're a sitting duck on flags and capping a flag does not count towards killstreaks.

The placement of the flags on most maps is why the capture radius is small I think. Night mode is trash, can't shoot lights.

That Hackney Yard is the new nuke town, it's a good map for TDM, but the spawns are broken. If you are on the roof in the north east the map players spawn in front of you.

The Aug is way OP'd, AK47 just doesn't feel right compared to previous titles, M13 with a silencer is amazing! Shotguns are very inconsistent but that has always been the case. Mobility with light machine guns is a little too slow.

I'll be getting it on Disk I think so I can trade it in just in case.

Scavenger is actually pointless to have as a perk, with all the resupply boxes lying around.

Had another go of ground war there, Spawns are pure broken. If you spawn on the squad leader you can spawn in the enemy HQ (out of bounds) or where they are flanking sometimes, needs a lot of work! Lighting definitely needs to be improved in doors the brightness setting doesn't do much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played some more with a good friend, one minute we were really enjoying it the next we hated it lol.
    Gunplay is really good but there are a lot of other things i dislike about it.
    As a BF player i was hoping for a shiney new BF type game in a modern setting, im not sure this is it.
    I agree with a lot of what levelcap says in this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its exactly more of the same in TDM and other COD modes, exactly more of the same.

Run shoot die respawn, rinse repeat.

There is no point or goal in playing a team or a squad in any mode, just run shoot die respawn rinse repeat.

not sure why they added Ground War its the antithesis to actual COD, people love the run shoot die single player mechanic, leave it at that.

TTS is tight and Aim down sights is fast so its exactly more of the same in an alleged new engine :rolleyes: Still looks like a Ps2 game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I enjoy the feel of the guns, a lot more than previous COD games. However Ground War is just utter trash. I enjoy the regular COD modes and Cyber Attack is probably my favourite at the moment. That desert map though needs to be took outside and shot. Poorly designed beyond repair.

You can hold right on d-pad and select a killstreak.

Why can't they just call cyber attack what it is "Search and Destroy".

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a good headset for Xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'm enjoying Ground War for the bigger map, but's not even close to BF. They really need to tune the recoil on full auto. Getting mapped by an M4 blazing away is a joke.

They added a realism mode. Traditionally being a solo Hardcore TDM player this mode had me hopeful and to be honest is what I would be playing a lot (Hardcore in the traditional sense that is). There is reduced HUD and minimal player health but what sets it apart from COD hardcore is it's near identical to BF hardcore mechanics. There is no indication of killing the player you shot at all besides the hit marker sound. Hardcore in COD is pretty much set in stone at this stage why they want to change I can't fathom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

They added a realism mode. Traditionally being a solo Hardcore TDM player this mode had me hopeful and to be honest is what I would be playing a lot (Hardcore in the traditional sense that is). There is reduced HUD and minimal player health but what sets it apart from COD hardcore is it's near identical to BF hardcore mechanics. There is no indication of killing the player you shot at all besides the hit marker sound. Hardcore in COD is pretty much set in stone at this stage why they want to change I can't fathom.

I'm a hardcore player myself, I really hope they tune the gunplay to make semi autos more viable.

I'm a hardcore player myself, I really hope they tune the gunplay to make semi autos more viable.

The FR 5.56 absolutely can't kill in realism mode. I'm not sure I like that there is no friendly fire this will only encourage camping. I would team kill someone camping hard or being generally useless, usually this would lead to them leaving and help the team. I would run and gun in hardcore and rely on reaction time with the reduced TTK. Definitely there is inconsistency with guns and the reduced health.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175841531779014656

Just trying out the ODEN there, that is a fun gun to use. High damage 2 bullet kill low recoil but slow rate of fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good headset for Xbox one?

Turtle Beach Stealth 600's are very good and affordable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think people are being too picky, again, with the latest CoD title. It's a fantastic game that is back to its roots. While I wouldn't be a fan of Groundwar, I actually really enjoyed it. It really comes together if you have a team of proper groups who work together, unsurprisingly. Even as a solo player, I really enjoyed it.

But TDM/Dom will still be my go to modes. I was thoroughly lost on this over the weekend. Maxed out the first and 3rd ARs, the second LMG and half the sniper. All felt really good and different, and the gunsmith is pretty good right now, the weapon completely changes depending on your choices.

There was still a good few parts missing in the beta, but I'm very happy so far with it. Most likely going to change my physical preorder to something else and buy this digitally, I will definitely be playing this for the coming year, the beta was enough to know that I won't be trading this in.

Gloryhammer concert the night before this releases, and off for 4 days, so that's the end of October sorted for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Totally missed this beta :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement