Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend electric folding scooter for end of commute (Mod Note Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

They are in stock I checked earlier, you just met the wrong person, can be bought in all 3 stores and delivered home to you.

Bought one..Should have it soon. Did you buy the rubber damper? If so and you are happy with it can you link me to where you got it? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Anyone experience any bluetooth issues? Ive tried several apps, all connect fine but keep disconnecting after about 15 seconds?Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I know it was mentioned a while back but has anyone bought a kugoo s1 or know anything about the brand?

They are nicely priced and with solid tyres and suspension look like it could be a better buy than the m365.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Zurbaran wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned a while back but has anyone bought a kugoo s1 or know anything about the brand?

They are nicely priced and with solid tyres and suspension look like it could be a better buy than the m365.

Look at zoom stryder too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

Martynet wrote: »

Huge price difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,589 ✭✭✭SteM

Think I might pick one up from geekbuying, they're €296 from Poland at the moment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have a Kugoo S1. I received it on Friday. Took 5 days to arrive, which isn't bad considering the challenging weather in England.

First thoughts on it so far are good (I have nothing to compare it with however). Took it out yesterday for short bursts, and took a while to get used to. Got up to 36kmh on a flat surface.

Gave it a proper run today, around Parkwest. Wet weather riding is quite different. I had a fall after 5/10 minutes. Hit the brakes as was slightly downhill on a greasy redbrick path, and back slipped out and down I went. Besides for a bruised ego, nothing major (did take a chunk out of the scooter).

The braking takes a bit of getting used to. Thumb brake does front brake, and rear brake is operated by you standing on the rear mud guard. Cruise control randomly seems to kick in. Have learnt that if you hit the accelerator again, it turns it off (as does the thumb brake only).

I went off road today (proper off road, mud trails and very uneven grass surfaces), and it dealt with them quite well. Had to give an extra push with my foot every now and again, and got some wheel slippage on the very wet grass and mud, but didn't get stuck anywhere.

Took it up quite steep inclines and it sat at about 8kmh, which was ok. Going down was a different story. Very cautious in the rear brake, as speed went up quite fast.

On the red brick roads, was quite bumpy. Could feel my body shaking, but nothing of any great annoyance. Went up and down off paths and was ok, even if I did go quite cautiously.

I was on it for 13km today, and the battery has dropped by 25%, so I'd assume it would be half depleted quite soon.

Few pictures of the scooter after the run.

Happy to answer questions you have!

That’s the first review I’ve seen of one of them. Thanks antodeco!

Where did you buy from? Some places they seem to have different size battery’s which is strange.

Martynet wrote: »
    Yeah seems to be a copy of the Stryder with a better screen. I would still be a bit concerned about reliability at this stage as there is very little user info about them at this point.

That’s the first review I’ve seen of one of them. Thanks antodeco!

Where did you buy from? Some places they seem to have different size battery’s which is strange.

Yeah there is literally nothing online, so will probably do a full video review, at some point.

I got mine from geekbuying. There's a few vouchers online to drop the price down to about €279.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Yeah there is literally nothing online, so will probably do a full video review, at some point.

I got mine from geekbuying. There's a few vouchers online to drop the price down to about €279.

At 279 I’d probably buy straight away. Where would I get the coupon codes?

Battery seems to be doing very well for you with 13km only taking 25%.

Do you reckon it would be okay in the wet going from hueston into d2?

Only reviews on YouTube seem to be Russian so I’m sure you’d get a load of views.

I'd say so being honest. I slipped due to a bit of not reading the surface properly. It was very greasy. I went around the roads of the business park (it's empty in a Sunday and went to get a proper feel for it), and was grand. Went through a good few puddles as well and all seemed ok.

I plan on going from Dublin 10, to Grand Canal Docks, when the weather gets better. I'd say if you kept it at speed 1 (max 13kmh), it's fairly safe. It begins to get a little hairy quicker than that.

The battery use is between 25% and 50% as it only goes in increments of 25%.

Let me dig out a geekbuying code for you.

Edit: WAQDZNDZ

I'd say so being honest. I slipped due to a bit of not reading the surface properly. It was very greasy. I went around the roads of the business park (it's empty in a Sunday and went to get a proper feel for it), and was grand. Went through a good few puddles as well and all seemed ok.

I plan on going from Dublin 10, to Grand Canal Docks, when the weather gets better. I'd say if you kept it at speed 1 (max 13kmh), it's fairly safe. It begins to get a little hairy quicker than that.

The battery use is between 25% and 50% as it only goes in increments of 25%.

Let me dig out a geekbuying code for you.

Edit: WAQDZNDZ
    Ordered there now. It’s working out at 288 delivered. Sure the amount it will save on bus/Luas and time I only need it to last a few months for it to pay for its self.

The voucher only giving a tenner now? Must've just been January had a higher amount (or I may have had an additional "loyalty" voucher, will need to check). I have my annual bus ticket, but I really really miss driving. This will just give me an extra option for travelling. Let me know when you get yours! I ordered last Saturday, so I'd say you'll have yours by Friday.

The reason I didn't go for the m365 was purely because if I end up not using it, it cost me less!

The voucher only giving a tenner now? Must've just been January had a higher amount (or I may have had an additional "loyalty" voucher, will need to check). I have my annual bus ticket, but I really really miss driving. This will just give me an extra option for travelling. Let me know when you get yours! I ordered last Saturday, so I'd say you'll have yours by Friday.

The reason I didn't go for the m365 was purely because if I end up not using it, it cost me less!
    Was going to go with the m365 myself but the tyre punctures put me off. Solid tyres with suspension should do the trick so was looking at the stryder but it is twice the price. It does have a high ah battery but I doubt I’ll need it. The speed seems to be the same so I will be happy out if it does what it says on the tin.

Are the lights decent enough or would you get extra?

Also what speed setting were you using when you got the 25% to 50% drain?

Combination of all 3 speeds. I was hopping between them depending on the surface. I'd say mostly 70% 1, 20% 2, 10% 3.

Front light is decent. I'd wait and see how you find them. I haven't used it full on night yet, so can't give an honest review of them.

Ordered there now. It’s working out at 288 delivered. Sure the amount it will save on bus/Luas and time I only need it to last a few months for it to pay for its self.

Was looking into getting a Xiaomi until I seen this. But is Geekbuying safe to buy from? Seems like they've uploaded the same info to loads of sites as review on the Kugoo with the discount code? You have any trouble with delivery or customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

So, just finished my first ride today. From Stepaside to Stephen's Green. Took me 30 mins, but that's because I had the ECO button on, which limits the speed to 33 km/h. Even someof the fast cyclists had no problem overtaking me. On the way home it's up the hill most of the time so I'll get my revenge.
    But what I want to say... It's just amazing. It's the best thing I ever bought. No more stress on the luas... Love my scooter. So cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Was going to go with the m365 myself but the tyre punctures put me off.

It comes with spare tyres in the box and you also get the 2 year collect and return warrant. I've about 200km up and no puncture and I'm over the weight limit... hopefully under it soon.

Was looking into getting a Xiaomi until I seen this. But is Geekbuying safe to buy from? Seems like they've uploaded the same info to loads of sites as review on the Kugoo with the discount code? You have any trouble with delivery or customs?
    Never used them before but antdeco has so hopefully its okay. Customs shouldn't be an issue as its coming from Poland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Does anyone have any experience of storing these scooters on an intercity train? When folded up, are they small enough to safely store in the overhead shelf on the trains. I'd imagine they are a bit too cumbersome to store under the table...

Does anyone have any experience of storing these scooters on an intercity train? When folded up, are they small enough to safely store in the overhead shelf on the trains. I'd imagine they are a bit too cumbersome to store under the table...
    Reason I thought of getting one is seeing someone storing in the over head on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ddonn1979

It comes with spare tyres in the box and you also get the 2 year collect and return warrant. I've about 200km up and no puncture and I'm over the weight limit... hopefully under it soon.

I’m undecided now on the Xiaomi and the Kugoo. Plenty more reviews on the Xiaomi. Seems some people have had problems with punctures. Probably just depends on the route / luck. The Kugoo doesn’t have that issue

I haven't anyway saying that I haven't looked on the web to see if anyone gets punctures just from experience though tires get punctures. I avoid glass that kind of thing. I'm sure it'll get a puncture at some stage not something that worries me.

I haven't anyway saying that I haven't looked on the web to see if anyone gets punctures just from experience though tires get punctures. I avoid glass that kind of thing. I'm sure it'll get a puncture at some stage not something that worries me.

I read somewhere that you can just buy the non inflatables. Might be an option

May be a stupid question, but could you out a rubber tyre around one of the solid ones? My thinking is you get the best of both worlds. Unpuncturable, as well as bouncy nice of the rubber. Basically slip the rubber tyre over the solid one.

May be a stupid question, but could you out a rubber tyre around one of the solid ones? My thinking is you get the best of both worlds. Unpuncturable, as well as bouncy nice of the rubber. Basically slip the rubber tyre over the solid one.

I doubt it would fit. The Kugoo uses solid tyres ? Have you used it to commute yet?

I'll have to look again but I thought they were rubber tyres in the box, certainly didn't look like solid ones you'd find on a Tonka truck.

ddonn1979 wrote: »
    I doubt it would fit. The Kugoo uses solid tyres ? Have you used it to commute yet?

Not yet. Will wait for better weather and when I've gotten over my fall yesterday ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

ddonn1979 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that you can just buy the non inflatables. Might be an option

The reviews I've seen on them are pretty bad. Problem is the m365 has no suspension which is supposedly need when using solid tyres.

Advertisement