Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2018 (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I ended up losing interest when the women's MITB match was followed up by Reigns vs Jinder. Bliss really didn't need the case, she's spent most of the last two years being in the title picture, usually as the champ. I'm just tired of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ThePott

The stats for Bliss as champion are ludicrous. She has been in every title match for her brand since her debut aside from tonight where she cashed in.
    Someone did the math on Reddit:

Debut: July 26, 2016
    = 692 Days on Active Roster (258 Days on SDL / 434+ Days on RAW)
    WWE SDL Woman's Champion (x2) - 110 Days (Champion 42.64% While On SDL)
    WWE RAW Woman's Champion (x3) - 335+ Days (Champion 77.19% While On RAW)
    Total: Has Held RAW/SDL Woman's Championship for 64.31% of her main-roster career.

He also compared those to Reigns, Lesnar, Trish and Charlotte and no one is really close. I know there is variables in all these but come on.
    It's ridiculous and I'm someone who generally likes Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

forgot to mention that coach is the dirtworst of commentators

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lana outshined Bliss last night. That's how bad she was.

She literally had one spot in the match and she was late for it...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5tuj5c1AiSlbLfKzO0/giphy.gif

Becky thinking: "Any time now would be great, Alexa...."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great MITB match, but Strowman is the last person who needed that win. Absolute shîte booking yet again.

I wanted The Miz to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I wanted The Miz to win it.

Same, him cashing in on Daniel Bryan immediately after he wins the title would’ve been perfect, even though Orton did the exact same thing to him a few years back. Big E was my second choice, he’s main event level in every sense but held back because he’s in a stable. They’re sleeping on him big time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lana outshined Bliss last night. That's how bad she was.

She literally had one spot in the match and she was late for it...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5tuj5c1AiSlbLfKzO0/giphy.gif

Becky thinking: "Any time now would be great, Alexa...."
    Aye, I noticed that one. I was so sure Becky was winning when she opened the clasp, but then when she never actually tried to get the case I just got a distinct sinking feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote: »

I don't even need to watch MITB to know this is a fact. Amazing that he was employed by WWE previously as you would never guess the way he conducts himself. Commentary in WWE is not easy but he goes out of his way to make an ass out of himself so often I'm not sure if it's intentional or not now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this can't be said often enough, and sorry if some of you are bored reading it.

f*** these writers.
    f*** corporate wrestling.

much of the wrestling was excellent on this show. the WWE have some of the very best talent in the world, capable of tearing the house down on any given night - male and female. The women's MITB match was verging on Match Of The Night. AJ/Nak, from a pure wrestling POV, was perfectly good. The men's MITB was extremely entertaining work.

but everything is being destroyed by the writing. the vacuous, nonsensical 'storytelling' that has infected corporate wrestling.

for instance, imagine hating a f***ing AJ/Nak feud. like, honestly. imagine it. imagine someone telling you at the start of the year that we would get a 4 match series between these 2, and that we'd be begging for it to end.

f*** you Vince.

Zayn/Lashley. just f*** you Vince.
    Nia as champion, face one week, heel the next. can't understand what she is at all. f*** you Vince.
    Asuka losing to Carmella, rendering Charlotte's win at WM pointless. f*** you Vince.

the only reason I can't complain Roman winning again LOL is that it was against Jinder in the death spot. Jinder is poison, and Roman should be destroying him. it should be a murder sequence lasting about 90 seconds. who knows, Roman might actually get cheered if they do that? but then you wouldn't have a 'story' would you? f*** you Vince.

just f*** off with all the stories really. If I want a soap opera, I'll watch that s*** elsewhere. i don't want it on my wrestling show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Has anyone seen a gif of Nakamura doing the "come onnnnnnnn" before getting nutted by AJ?

Such a great moment :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

sky88 wrote: »

Jax had Ronda in a bear clutch at one stage and Coach came out with the line that this suits Ronda as it gives her time to 'rest'.

Cole and Corey rightly hammered him for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Officer999 wrote: »
    Jax had Ronda in a bear clutch at one stage and Coach came out with the line that this suits Ronda as it gives her time to 'rest'.

Unbelievable that someone who's been in wrestling for so long could come out with such a dumb comment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Most "bad commentators" can be ignored, cause they are bland or don't add much.

Coach actively takes away from the product. When he made that bear hug call, my entire focus was on trying to figure out what the **** he was talking about, rather than the match. My entire attention was thinking what a bloody idiot he was.
    Has anyone seen a gif of Nakamura doing the "come onnnnnnnn" before getting nutted by AJ?

Such a great moment :D

I actually flinched.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Most "bad commentators" can be ignored, cause they are bland or don't add much.

Coach actively takes away from the product. When he made that bear hug call, my entire focus was on trying to figure out what the **** he was talking about, rather than the match. My entire attention was thinking what a bloody idiot he was.

I actually flinched.

mauro can do my head in at times but i never feel he takes away from the product but coach is just there saying things that make no sense and not in a booker t hilarious sense

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's clear from last night that Alexa bliss even though she isn't especially that good in the ring seems to be on Vinces good books. Ronda is a natural at this wrestling business. The only thing she's lacking(and there's nothing she can do about it) is experience. She bumps Better then some of the other women. Nia jax played her part well.

Roman vs jinder I think I compared them to Stan stasiak. I've things in the shed most interesting than either of them.

DB is just so good even when he has to face big cass(he's like a less talented test)

Carmella tries her best but I don't know about her in ring wise. The screaming is off putting.

The WWE title match was fine and that punt at the end and finish looked good visually.

Men's MITB. Nothing wrong with bar me not thinking Braun needed the case.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote:
    DB is just so good even when he has to face big cass(he's like a less talented test)

:( Poor Test. That's an insult to his legacy.
    His unification match with Edge for the US/IC titles is still up there as one of my faves to rewatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

For some reason all I could think to myself when Asuka was met by her masked foe was THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lil Naitch (Charles Robinson) wasn't happy with the fans shenanigans during Reigns/Jinder.

https://twitter.com/WWERobinson/status/1008523276719706112

People paid their money and can chant for who or what they want, within reason.

And that match was nowhere near great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

martyos121 wrote: »
    Same, him cashing in on Daniel Bryan immediately after he wins the title would’ve been perfect, even though Orton did the exact same thing to him a few years back. Big E was my second choice, he’s main event level in every sense but held back because he’s in a stable. They’re sleeping on him big time.

My order of preference was Big E, Woods then Miz. Actually Miz cashing in on Byran after Byran won the title in a few months time setting up there fued actually would have been win win for WWE albeit most would expect Miz to cash in right after DB won title.

Officer999 wrote: »

I actually think that he was trying to make a point but his sentence got lost between his brain and his mouth. I can only assume he meant it like the bear clutch was a 'rest' hold and it would give RR a chance to regroup albeit while in a submission.

I agree with the consensus on here that RR is selling better than most of the female roster and I have to say I am impressed with her so far.

Question for you folks on here. I'm putting it in spoiler tags just in case.
    Can Braun cash in while Lesnar is not at raw thus ref gives Lesnar count to 10 to get to the ring or does Lesnar actually have to be there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

lycan238 wrote: »
    My order of preference was Big E, Woods then Miz. Actually Miz cashing in on Byran after Byran won the title in a few months time setting up there fued actually would have been win win for WWE albeit most would expect Miz to cash in right after DB won title.

I actually think that he was trying to make a point but his sentence got lost between his brain and his mouth. I can only assume he meant it like the bear clutch was a 'rest' hold and it would give RR a chance to regroup albeit while in a submission.

I agree with the consensus on here that RR is selling better than most of the female roster and I have to say I am impressed with her so far.

Question for you folks on here. I'm putting it in spoiler tags just in case.
    Can Braun cash in while Lesnar is not at raw thus ref gives Lesnar count to 10 to get to the ring or does Lesnar actually have to be there?
    why would he lesnar retains on countout

Sasha impressed me a lot with the sheer amount of punishment she took. Think she was the only one taking moves that actually made me wince.

Lil Naitch (Charles Robinson) wasn't happy with the fans shenanigans during Reigns/Jinder.

I get the idea if they are ****ting over the entire event.

But they only did this for one match. So maybe WWE need to take a look themselves at why the reaction happens during that specific match.

And they aren't stupid. They've shown before they can prepare for hostile crowds. Putting Reigns vs Jinder, of all people, in front of that crowd was ALWAYS going to be a bomb site.

WWE have positioned Reigns as the golden boy who wins constantly, while trying to act as if he's an anti-authority underdog. So when the crowd reacts aggressively to it, if they keep pushing that character, they don't get to moan when the crowd maintain their frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lil Naitch can fúck off.

Jinder is shít.
    Roman's booked shítly.
    The feud was kinda shít, as we all know it only happened because they had to find someone the crowd might boo over Roman.
    The match was pretty shít.

So the crowd is entitled to shít all over it.

The crowd didn't jump the ring. They didn't attack either wrestler. They didn't stop them having a match.

It was the equivalent of booing at a football game.

You don't like the fans shítting on your stuff? Then book the show properly, and stop feeding the audience shít, phony characters and stories.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sasha impressed me a lot with the sheer amount of punishment she took. Think she was the only one taking moves that actually made me wince.

Yeah but for what is the question at this stage. I don't think much of Bliss but Sasha needs to stop and think about how she can become viable again without killing herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

SlickRic wrote: »
    Lil Naitch can fúck off.

Jinder is sh
    Roman's booked shy.
    The feud was kinda sh as we all know it only happened because they had to find someone the crowd might boo over Roman.
    The match was pretty sh

So the crowd is entitled to shall over it.

The crowd didn't jump the ring. They didn't attack either wrestler. They didn't stop them having a match.

It was the equivalent of booing at a football game.

You don't like the fans shing on your stuff? Then book the show properly, and stop feeding the audience sh phony characters and stories.

They could also have made it less hostile, if the match was shorter and was more action filled. This was close to 20 minutes and it was way to slow.

They do Roman no favors whatsoever.

Yeah but for what is the question at this stage. I don't think much of Bliss but Sasha needs to stop and think about how she can become viable again without killing herself.

Needs to become blonde, Caucasian (or Samoan) and get a boob job....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Becky should have won as well, but felt Nia looked very week against Alexa. Looked like Bliss was hitting her with a handbag. At least the shots to Ronda looked hard.
    And now we get another Nia/Bliss feud. Are they going to make Nia face again?

But, yeah, Ronda was impressive. Hope we get to see her more often in the ring.

Of course Reigns/Jinder was going to get booed. Maybe they were the 20 minute sacrificial lamb to get the crowd to tire themselves out.

The Asuka match was strange. As has been said, she was staring far too long and after the pin attempt she went back to staring. It's like those awkward lingering camera shots WWE like to do, showing someone in the crowd until it gets uncomfortable.
    But fair play to them, they found the only way the Chicago crowd would cheer and accept Asuka losing to Carmella. Maybe they should've had him interfere in the Reigns/Jinder match.

For some reason I thought the Raw tag title match was on MitB as well.

Find any Raw guy with the briefcase a bad idea due to the title rarely being on the show. Imagine if someone like Owens had the title and every time he hears Braun's music, goes running into the crowd.

On a side note, I would like Corey to switch between red and blue jackets depending on the brand he's commentating for.

Edit: Just want to say, I was thinking/hoping that Kofi was a decoy and Big E would enter the ring late to grab the briefcase as the real entrant.

I've gotta be frank about Nia; I don't think she'll lose much sleep over losing. She seems very much all about using the platform to get to do the stuff she's actually interested in such as reality tv and giving inspirational speeches. Bliss very much the same only she can carry a feud on the Mic at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Ronda's boot lace annoy anyone else? :) It's not like she was planning an Eddie Guerrero move.

And was so nice of Charles Robinson to hold the ladder for Finn while he did the Coup de Grace.

Advertisement