Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2018 (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The over/under line on low blows is probably at double figures for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I enjoyed that match. Nice ending

That was great. I’d like to see AJ turn heel again though, he’s a lot more entertaining outside of the actual wrestling with Gallows and Anderson by his side. Styles vs. Bryan in the main event of SummerSlam sells itself really.

• Advertisement

ThePott wrote: »

If she cashes in on a victorious Nia Jax tonight, that ruins three women in one fell swoop.

martyos121 wrote: »
    If she cashes in on a victorious Nia Jax tonight, that ruins three women in one fell swoop.

Yeah I feel it would be an awful choice.
    I'm worried they see it as a chance to keep Rousey and Jax protected from a clean loss or that after Carmella holding it for so long that they want a short reign this time.

Great selling from Ronda so far. It’s her second televised match and she already bumps better than a certain four times women’s champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

martyos121 wrote: »
    Great selling from Ronda so far. It’s her second televised match and she already bumps better than a certain four times women’s champion.

She's been excellent

Ronda 100 times better at wrestling than Carmella already

• Advertisement

Welp, Bliss was definitely the wrong choice for the briefcase.

Edit- On the plus side I was kinda right, I guess :p

That was fcuking dumb. Waste of the briefcase, she could’ve made that really interesting but they threw it away just to get out of a bad booking situation.

Like, what is their obsession with keeping a title around Alexa’s waist literally all the time? I’m probably her biggest fan here but this is waaaaaay too much.

Guess this means either brand could have mens winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eh, don't like but it's one thing less to pay attention to on Raw assuming they're giving Nia a rematch.

Carmella and Alexa are a real throwback to the bad old Diva days though.

Ah not Kofi. He’s good for a big spot in this match but I could’ve actually bought Big E winning it out, now I know Kofi isn’t winning.

Same will still watch it though

Strowman being taken out at the beginning of a multi man match? Yeah he’s winning for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That match did a great job of getting Rousey over. Good simple story of size vs athleticsm, told very well. The cash in also keeps her chasing as she progresses in the ring.

Christ dare I say it..... Good booking by wwe?!?

Please not Strowman.

Kofi makes sense they need someone for aerial spots. They have enough big men in there without Big E.

• Advertisement

New Day with the briefcase could be interesting. Would plant the seeds of a breakup

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Kevin Owens is f*cking nuts

Great MITB match, but Strowman is the last person who needed that win. Absolute shîte booking yet again.

We have a monster in the bank loose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Carmella and Asuka finish was painful. I understand it's unrealistic to expect someone's gimmick on NXT to be fully replicated on the main roster but some semblance of continuity would be good. The 3 count on the roll up would have been fine. Still....Elsworth's expressions cracked me up....the wormy bollox. :p

Strowman winning MITB.....meh. I assume this will be straightforward enough: Braun challenges Brock to a match at SS....Braun wins....Brock finally ****s off.

Bliss winning and successfully cashing in MITB....I waive my right to a rant on that one.

Would have liked to have seen Naka win.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Quickly watched a few matches on the way to the airport. Decent event overall. The Styles/Nak match was good, both MITB matches and the bliss cash in were class and I like Strowman with the case

Hopefully wwe do Brauns cash in right. I can see Lesner Losing at SS to Reigns but Strowman comes out and cashes in to win the title

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if Braun calls Brock out for Summerslam and beats him in a straight up match to win the belt, then it is worth him having the briefcase. there is no other reason to put it on him.

Alexa's win was a waste of a briefcase. but if you're going to waste it, then it was a good moment tonight. and it was a way of getting Ronda out of that match without giving her the title, have her lose or do a dumb DQ.

Ellsworth's return was nice. Though Asuka losing is beyond fúcking stupid. Charlotte's win at Wrestlemania is rendered utterly redundant. but sure, i forgot, WWE thinks it's audience can't remember back that far.

Reigns in the death spot. Glorious. it's meaningless, as he's probably getting Brock at fúcking Summerslam, with Braun probably fúcking capitalising on Roman beating Brock, but being dead. and so we have Roman/Braun post Summerslam with a heel Braun. ugh.

I never thought I'd say that I'm glad to see that back of an AJ/Nakamura feud, but I am. what a fúcking butchering of a feud.

Writers are ruining this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Alexa cashing in and being champion again is just meh shes been pushed way too hard i mean shes just been pushed too strongly and was probably the least interesting woman to win mitb.

Braun just has to cash in on brock in a match no shenanigans just beat brock and send him packing anywhere but the wwe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wouldnt have minded the Asuka/Carmella finish if it had been sped up massively. It felt like Asuka spent an hour staring at the masked figure, acting as if it was some haunting symbol of her past or something. It should have been done over the space of 10 seconds.

Figure appears, Asuka looks surprised but being the badass she is, fires a kick at it's head, knocks it down, mask comes off and it's Ellsworth. For a few SECONDS, Auska is confused, only to be caught in the roll up and pinned. That's about 20-30 seconds to sell it as a proper surprise. Unfortunately, they over did it's lenght, took 2 minutes to do it, and Asuka looked foolish. Thats not on her, mind. This happens constantly with faces being surprised by people at ringside. It's like "You're in a match, idiot, forget about the stranger and focus!"

But the good....

I thought Ronda looked great in her match. She's easily beating expectations people had for her, and looks not just great but something different for the division.
    I enjoyed the ending to Styles vs AJ. That low blow was a great payoff to an ok feud. Nakamura could do with a strong win somewhere though cause he's constantly lost in this feud. I'm eager to see who moves into feuds with Styles and Nakamura.
    Bryan beat Cass clean, so I'd hope he goes in the direction of one of them. Bryan vs Nakamura, and Styles vs Joe would be two MASSIVE matches for Summerslam.
    Brawn winning isn't unexpected but while it wasn't a shocking moment, I'm ok if the end point is him beating Brock.
    Bliss having an armbar put on her by Ronda will be awesome, given that thing she can do with her arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Figure appears, Asuka looks surprised but being the badass she is, fires a kick at it's head, knocks it down, mask comes off and it's Ellsworth. For a few SECONDS, Auska is confused, only to be caught in the roll up and pinned. That's about 20-30 seconds to sell it as a proper surprise. Unfortunately, they over did it's lenght, took 2 minutes to do it, and Asuka looked foolish. Thats not on her, mind. This happens constantly with faces being surprised by people at ringside. It's like "You're in a match, idiot, forget about the stranger and focus!"

i know i have more pet peeves than most, but this is one of my biggest - idiot babyfaces.

who the fúck can get behind a stupid babyface?

Advertisement