Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Money in the Bank 2018 (Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I imagine it's gotta be a Brock/Goldberg type deal. Finished very quickly and decisively in Ronda's favour.

Something like Nia immediately going for her Samoan Drop and Ronda counters it into the armbar. Quick tap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would say a Nattie heel turn is way more likely tbh. I'd be expecting heavy interference, a heel turn and then Ronda stays away from the title for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why do her first title shot at an event like this though

Her finally getting a title shot should be a big deal, but its either rushing her to the title or using it as a device to further a different angle for her which is all such a waste

This is the type of crap that’ll turn the crowd against her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

https://youtu.be/E9pIhue2lSU

So its actually Nia Jax challenging Ronda Rousey cuz

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I don’t blame WWE for doing this. Keeping her momentum/ their mainstream coverage going after a strong showing at ‘Mania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love Finn or Braun to win the MITB and successfully cash in at Summerslam

Only realised im going on holidays the 18th June so won't get the chance to see the event live. Might watch it in the hotel. I guess London has wifi ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

This feels like a match being done without a finish. Like they wanted to make a splash at the Upfront and the best way was to announce their biggest star in a title match, and they'll worry later how they get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seth Rollins to defend his Intercontinental Championship against Elias announced for the show.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1002945733870399491

Someone's gif reaction on Reddit says all that needs to be said...

W4TgmD8.gif

And worse, given how strong Bryan has been booked in the feud of late, he will probably lose.

• Advertisement

Brock is a week or so away from beating Punk's record.

MitB is in Chicago. I'd love if WWE did a big celebration to wind up the Chicago crowd.

You can be sure there is going to be CM Punk chants, especially during Reigns and Jinder, so this would be a funny way of leaning into it.

Easy enough to break said record when he can't be arsed showing up half the time. It was fun when he came back, now much like the **** pheasant Reigns, I'm just apathetic towards him, and Heyman to a degree.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Easy enough to break said record when he can't be arsed showing up half the time. It was fun when he came back, now much like the **** pheasant Reigns, I'm just apathetic towards him, and Heyman to a degree.

Yes, presumably the lesser schedule leaves him more refreshed for his title defences thus increasing his chance of victory. ;)

In seriousness though, I am bored with Brock as well, but I don't pin it on him and I'm certainly not willing to buy into the cult rhetoric that Brock is bad because he only "shows up half the time". This type of thing always baffles me. I never recall hearing it about The Undertaker or Shawn when they were working the lighter schedules toward the end of their run. As though working house shows is some type of badge of honour. If anything, they should put more talent on schedules like this. Veteran talent like Orton would benefit from being around less.

Plus the major problem with Brock is how stale his act is and the dearth of new opponents for him. This is a problem that would only be exacerbated if he was there more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Monokne wrote: »
    Yes, presumably the lesser schedule leaves him more refreshed for his title defences thus increasing his chance of victory. ;)

In seriousness though, I am bored with Brock as well, but I don't pin it on him and I'm certainly not willing to buy into the cult rhetoric that Brock is bad because he only "shows up half the time". This type of thing always baffles me. I never recall hearing it about The Undertaker or Shawn when they were working the lighter schedules toward the end of their run. As though working house shows is some type of badge of honour. If anything, they should put more talent on schedules like this. Veteran talent like Orton would benefit from being around less.

Plus the major problem with Brock is how stale his act is and the dearth of new opponents for him. This is a problem that would only be exacerbated if he was there more often.

The issue with Brock is we are not getting great output from him when he shows up which is obviously rare. His match with Styles was good as was the Summerslam match, but bar that not much to get excited about last few years.

I don't think anyone has got a rub working with him either as all even Roman have beaten decisively also.

I just want the belt off him asap.

Is there even any proof that he brings anything to the table financially either?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The issue with Brock is we are not getting great output from him when he shows up which is obviously rare. His match with Styles was good as was the Summerslam match, but bar that not much to get excited about last few years.

I don't think anyone has got a rub working with him either as all even Roman have beaten decisively also.

I just want the belt off him asap.

Is there even any proof that he brings anything to the table financially either?

I think we're both right here. His act is stale, but equally it very much feels like he's performing in second gear much of the time, and has done for a number of years.

The finances of the industry are very different in years past so while I would agree that he does not 'draw' much in the traditional sense anymore - selling tickets and PPV's in large quantity - the new business is based around TV money, and by that metric, I would argue his value has just increased. He, Ronda and Cena are the only stars they have that have a genuine reach past just the wrestling audience and there is real value to that now. Higher ups at Fox want these types on their show.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So does Carmella need to cash in before the woman's match?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cash in the case she used to win the title after Billie and Peyton beat Charlotte down?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Cash in the case she used to win the title after Billie and Peyton beat Charlotte down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Coulson is still trapped in the Framework with Evil Fitz, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well shows how gripped I am by the product and storytelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Due to travelling I won't see the event live and have to watch in the airport early Monday morning. Sad but hope it's a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just a PSA: Normally the PPVs are pre-show at 12 and main show at 1.

Tonight's show has the pre-show at 11 and the main show starting at midnight.

I believe going forward that's going to be the case to accomodate the longer shows.

ThePott wrote: »
    I believe going forward that's going to be the case to accomodate the longer shows.

giphy.gif

Just a PSA: Normally the PPVs are pre-show at 12 and main show at 1.

Tonight's show has the pre-show at 11 and the main show starting at midnight.

You sir are correct, taken from a quick Google search on the show via CBS Sports.
    Money in the Bank is also the first WWE PPV to feature its new 7 p.m. ET start time. The show is expected to last anywhere from 3.5-4 hours not counting the kickoff show, which starts one hour prior to the main card at 6 p.m

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/2018-wwe-money-in-the-bank-predictions-matches-card-ppv-start-time-location-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Be really sound of wwe to put the 2 mitb matches on 1st so i could watch before bed

sky88 wrote: »
    Be really sound of wwe to put the 2 mitb matches on 1st so i could watch before bed

Literally the only 2 matches I care about, rest of the card not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Literally the only 2 matches I care about, rest of the card not so much...

I think nak vs aj will be good just not enough to stay up. Although if the mens is on before it id be tempted to stay up as my dream scernario is finn winning then cashing in on aj with the good brothers turning on aj.

Not sure if they mentioned they could cash in on eithier brands champions

I would like it to work that way but it said they can challenge the champion of their respective brands.
    Of course this is WWE where the rules are pretty fluid when they suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Personally I'd prefer longer PPVs over more frequent ones, like when we had a new one every 2-3 weeks at the beginning of the current brand split

• Advertisement

Think the constant PPVs was part of the reason I gave up on The Walking Dead. Since so much to watch on Monday. Well that and the fact The Walking Dead got boring

Advertisement