Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Autochange wrote: »
    I had the older battlefield games. loved them.
    Thanks

I don't really have the time for the like of grand theft auto or similar.

They're amazing, really enjoy them. The new one is put in a few months I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Acosta wrote: »
    Oh FFS, that's bloody great isn't it. It's also pretty much the only thing I play. Thanks for the info.

One of my main problems with the Man Reds and North London White's of this world is not so much that PES don't have the rights to these clubs, but that the unofficial jerseys are awful and can be really bad if you're a little colour blind like myself.

Are the jersey's for the unofficial teams are bad as they usually are this year? Any change.

Yeah, it's pretty lazy work by Konami. I think Chelsea or Everton last year had their home kit as yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Acosta wrote: »
    Oh FFS, that's bloody great isn't it. It's also pretty much the only thing I play. Thanks for the info.

One of my main problems with the Man Reds and North London White's of this world is not so much that PES don't have the rights to these clubs, but that the unofficial jerseys are awful and can be really bad if you're a little colour blind like myself.

Are the jersey's for the unofficial teams are bad as they usually are this year? Any change.

Actually now that I think of it, I think there's a guy that does option files for xbox, sort of. I can't remember how it works but I think you can import in an edit data file and it'll fix all the team names and change the jerseys to the right colours and style but obviously they won't have sponsors and all that.

Give it a look on twitter. I think your man's name is Daymos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Acosta

Colemania wrote: »
    Actually now that I think of it, I think there's a guy that does option files for xbox, sort of. I can't remember how it works but I think you can import in an edit data file and it'll fix all the team names and change the jerseys to the right colours and style but obviously they won't have sponsors and all that.

Nice one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Autochange wrote: »
    Anything else you can suggest?

A lot of games the story mode is so dumb I just can't be bothered. GTA5 is actually great story mode is hilarious and well done. I use to like first person shooters online but now I can't put the time in to get good and learn the maps. Best thing imho is get a ps4, get pro evo and sign up to PlayStation plus.
    I play some street fighter 5, the golf club (hate golf irl) Dirt Rally, The Witcher 3, Human Fall Flat. All fairly cheap at this stage.

• Advertisement

well if anyone feels super generous and wants to fire me over an install file, I would not be opposed :)

Also, for any of the PS4 players who weren't interested in joining the boards league, if ye ever want a game or even play coop just stick up your PSN and there's plenty of lads here that will give you a game

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Colemania wrote: »

Looks like he charges £16 for it though

Nokotan wrote: »
    Looks like he charges £16 for it though

I think that's just for the USB stick. He's supposed to just give you a profile to log into to use the kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Postman here and gone, still no game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Played a fair few matches over the weekend and even tried online. Seems like my main source of goals from last year (headers from crosses) has been nerfed in 2019. I don't mind that it's harder, but it seems like they have made it too hard to score a header which is something I hope they tweak in a future update.

Also saw this today

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-03-pes-physical-sales-down-42-percent-on-last-year

Doesn't bode well for the future of the franchise if those numbers are accurate as I doubt everyone has suddenly gone digital this year.

The myclub teams I'm coming up against are fairly good. Definitely a lot easier to get a good team this year. I doubt they'll make much from people buying coins. I already have 5 players over 88 and 3 level 1's that'll around 90 soon enough. Not including loan players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Same here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Same here :(

That sucks :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Cienciano wrote: »
    The myclub teams I'm coming up against are fairly good. Definitely a lot easier to get a good team this year. I doubt they'll make much from people buying coins. I already have 5 players over 88 and 3 level 1's that'll around 90 soon enough. Not including loan players.

Not a fan of the team of the week nonsense, especially if it means every week any old fecker can be 93 rated if he had a good game of a Sunday. Ziyech is one of the best players in the game ffs.

Every team is playing Simeone, he is unreal: fast, good header, top finishing, great stamina (fighting spirit). I actually do like Simeone though, himself and his father have character.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Not a fan of the team of the week nonsense, especially if it means every week any old fecker can be 93 rated if he had a good game of a Sunday. Ziyech is one of the best players in the game ffs.

Every team is playing Simeone, he is unreal: fast, good header, top finishing, great stamina (fighting spirit). I actually do like Simeone though, himself and his father have character.

I have Simeone and Ziyech. Lothar Mattaus, Dybala level 1, Firminho level 1. All of them except Dybala before I kicked a ball! Got Isco last night too. Took a lot longer last year. And yeah, Simeone is unreal, I reckon I'll have a few bicycle kicks scored from him within the week, went close with 3 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I've got some decent players. Have team chemistry up around the 85-97 mark now, depending on who starts what games. First time really playing myClub and I'm getting addicted to it!

I tried to achieve every goal I could to earn enough myClub coins so I could hire Klopp as manager. I can play 433 and use all my top players as Klopp is one of the best managers in it.

Great players I have - Benjamin Mendy, Nabil Fekir, Lionel Messi, Lorenzo Insigne, Kylian Mbappe

Good players I have - Daley Blind, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, F Kessie, Manuel Fernandes, Y Gomez, Gerard Moreno, Stephan Lichsteiner

Thing about PES is I normally try to get players I actually like, and just play them. I couldnt give a fiddlers for Ziyich for example, so I converted him to a trainer. Wouldnt have minded a Legend, but they are hugely overpowered.

I would normally have a fairly unique team. I played a maxed out Mcgeady at RWF from PES 2014 till now, he's not in PES 2019! :(

I like to get most of the better Irish players and actually play them. Very satisfying to beat a team of Messi/ Ronaldo/ Reus etc. with Mcgeady, Brady and Coleman in your team!

No sign of mine either today, where did ye order from?

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I've got some decent players. Have team chemistry up around the 85-97 mark now, depending on who starts what games. First time really playing myClub and I'm getting addicted to it!

I tried to achieve every goal I could to earn enough myClub coins so I could hire Klopp as manager. I can play 433 and use all my top players as Klopp is one of the best managers in it.

Great players I have - Benjamin Mendy, Nabil Fekir, Lionel Messi, Lorenzo Insigne

Good players I have - Daley Blind, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, F Kessie, Manuel Fernandes, Y Gomez

I have Klopp too. One thing annoying about myclub is managers stuck with 1 formation, it's fúcking stupid. Play 4-3-3 and you get some amazing Attacking Midfielder? Tough shít, you can only play CM and DM. Get a wide player like Cuadrado or Beckham? Tough shít, you need to change fúcking manager or convert the player to a trainer. Play 4-4-2 and get a winger? Tough shít, you can't play them as a wide SS or a right or left midfielder.

Actually, you can change peoples position this year in training at least. Looks like you need some item to do it which I don't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Great players I have - Benjamin Mendy, Nabil Fekir, Lionel Messi, Lorenzo Insigne, Kylian Mbappe

Good players I have - Daley Blind, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, F Kessie, Manuel Fernandes, Y Gomez, Gerard Moreno, Stephan Lichsteiner

I used to love it last year when it had divisions the same as the online divisions, I managed to get to divison 2 last year but the rewards were terrible.

Managed to get a brilliant team last year as I got really lucky with spins. Had romario, cavani and ronaldinho up front ha. I got the 96 neymar this year and Cruyff so off to a good start. If anyone wants to play so my club co op I'd be up for it! Its always good craic !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thing about PES is I normally try to get players I actually like, and just play them. I couldnt give a fiddlers for Ziyich for example, so I converted him to a trainer. Wouldnt have minded a Legend, but they are hugely overpowered.

I would normally have a fairly unique team. I played a maxed out Mcgeady at RWF from PES 2014 till now, he's not in PES 2019! :(

I like to get most of the better Irish players and actually play them. Very satisfying to beat a team of Messi/ Ronaldo/ Reus etc. with Mcgeady, Brady and Coleman in your team!

Last year was the first time that I really played MyClub, and I had a similar philosophy to yours. I just wanted to play with all the best youngsters and teenagers in the game. Lads like Pellegri and Moise Kean. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I have Klopp too. One thing annoying about myclub is managers stuck with 1 formation, it's fúcking stupid. Play 4-3-3 and you get some amazing Attacking Midfielder? Tough shít, you can only play CM and DM. Get a wide player like Cuadrado or Beckham? Tough shít, you need to change fúcking manager or convert the player to a trainer. Play 4-4-2 and get a winger? Tough shít, you can't play them as a wide SS or a right or left midfielder.

Actually, you can change peoples position this year in training at least. Looks like you need some item to do it which I don't have.

You can have an assistant manager with a different formation that you can switch to during a game. I agree it is stupid though !

Fully agree. Its a stupid limitation and is frustrating.

I noticed the 'change position' trainers too. Its not clear yet how you might acquire one of these trainers though, and it won't be easy, so this doesn't resolve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    No sign of mine either today, where did ye order from?

ShopTo

First and last time to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm the same. Trying to save up for Klopp. I wasted 200 coins at the start on something sh1t (maybe players)

I have started doing the accolades to try to get coins, I'm up to 580 now

ShopTo

First and last time to use them

Used TGC myself, bought off them before and it never took this long. Hopefully should be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My game actually arrived on Friday morning. Got one game in on Friday evening and got admitted to hospital on Saturday and now just want to get out to play it!

Quite frustrating to say the least, health issue aside.

Every day its "when can I get out..." whilst muttering under my breath "to play Pro Evo" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Also saw this today

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-03-pes-physical-sales-down-42-percent-on-last-year

Doesn't bode well for the future of the franchise if those numbers are accurate as I doubt everyone has suddenly gone digital this year.

Its a bad sign when you think they released this game earlier to beat FIFA to market & it shows. I have been turned off buying PES since looking at the WEPES reddit, some of the bugs and issues look ridiculous.
    I'm actually looking for a community patch for 2018 with the latest transfers :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

My game actually arrived on Friday morning. Got one game in on Friday evening and got admitted to hospital on Saturday and now just want to get out to play it!

Quite frustrating to say the least, health issue aside.

Every day its "when can I get out..." whilst muttering under my breath "to play Pro Evo" :)

Hope you are feeling better soon mate. I know how you feel with health issues. Stupid hospital appointments cutting into our gaming time!!!

Itshoggie,I got it from the games collection too. Got it there last year and it didn't take this long to arrive. Tempted to buy it digitally and when the game arrives trade it into Cex for 38 euros or 42 credit.

Advertisement