Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Is there any way of shielding the ball as an attacker? Others seem to be able to hold me off easily but then it's no hassle them pushing me off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Nokotan wrote: »
    Is there any way of shielding the ball as an attacker? Others seem to be able to hold me off easily but then it's no hassle them pushing me off of it.

https://dds.konami.com/games/manual/pes2019/PS4/en-us-a/control_player.html

Check out the "One-on-One" section. The 'close control' attained by using the R2 button sounds like the closest thing to shielding the ball from the opposition. It says your player will try to keep his marker at arm's length so that should be it.

There is an actual 'Shielding the Ball' piece at the bottom of the "One-on-One" section but it just states that "When opponents come up behind the dribbling player, he sometimes automatically shields the ball. Also, when receiving the ball and an opponent is behind, the player will block the opponent from the ball."

So, there is no actual mention of a button to use for that shielding. My guess it the R2 button for close control might be your best bet for what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Not a bad start :D
    https://imgur.com/SO99yMg

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Can you use option files from different sources at the same time, as in pes world and pes universe? First time using option files so don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Whats that Jersey? Cork? What team did you corrupt for that? :D

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Whats that Jersey? Cork? What team did you corrupt for that? :D

I make up my own custom team for MyClub 'Cork United', created the kits and crest :D i used up some fake asian team as i would never use them teams anyway.

Nice work, particularly the Murphy's logo.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Nice work, particularly the Murphy's logo.

Cheers! yeah, i thought it would be best to go with something local :pac:

Can you use option files from different sources at the same time, as in pes world and pes universe? First time using option files so don't have a clue.

Yeah I'd say so. Last year i used Universe's PL OF and PES World's Spanish and Seria A with no problems that i noticed.

Here's a few LOI kits in case anyone is looking for some for myClub, made the majority of these for my planned V2 of my OF for 2018 that i never got around to finishing. Had a quick look ingame and they all seem to be working well expect for the Derry home kit which ill try get round to fixing in time for my OF releasing. I'll also post a folder with all the kits once I've finished them in case anyone is interested in just the kits themselves.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13ZoXeWSrdxRiLNYFC2hA_hG6lV1FcUJK?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My ShopTo order arrived today, finally.

Just wondering if I can use the DB content on top on the legend edition content that I bought digitally when I was sick of waiting.

Basically can I stack the downloads to get 2 packs a week instead of 1 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    My ShopTo order arrived today, finally.

Just wondering if I can use the DB content on top on the legend edition content that I bought digitally when I was sick of waiting.

Basically can I stack the downloads to get 2 packs a week instead of 1 etc

I think I know someone who did that and got 2 beckhams but dunno about the other free packs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Decided to try a master league with Fulham. Ryan Sessangon is really fun to play with brought In few other players to Savic from lazio and young winger at Chelsea.

Need to look for another forward in January as Mitrovic is not up to it in my system.

I'm conceding goals in ridiculous fashion again though and the way the computer attacks is pathetic.

It takes an awful lot of enjoyment out of the game that everytime they come at me up the middle they could be clear in on goal yet still stop and play it to the wing!!

The fact they can also foul me all over the pitch and I get done for winning standing tackles is just a given at this stage.

I wouldn't mind losing games if was beaten by great football but it's same against the run of play ball in from the wing goal from shot in the box every single time.

If you go on reddit nearly everyone is calling for it to be fixed and trying to get response out of Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Cienciano wrote: »
    Myclub is just too easy to get a great team this year

Yeah it is. I have a team with 6 black ball players including Lloros, Messi, mbappe, coutinho, bamba, DeBruyne. I’m getting hammered by huge scores online :(

Yeah it is. I have a team with 6 black ball players including Lloros, Messi, mbappe, coutinho, bamba, DeBruyne. I’m getting hammered by huge scores online :(

I haven't been arsed to play one game on it yet just gonna keep building and collecting one day I'll play lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lads i keep randomly lossing connection to the pes server during a match. Always the first match, fine for a few hours then disconnect again. Its driving me nuts, any ideas. PS is cabled into internet. Frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Lads i keep randomly lossing connection to the pes server during a match. Always the first match, fine for a few hours then disconnect again. Its driving me nuts, any ideas. PS is cabled into internet. Frustrating

Contact your internet provider and tell them about it. I had the same problem two years ago, turned out the cabling was old and faulty. They replaced it free of charge and all has been fine since. So give them a ring, they should be able to sort it, whatever the issue is.

Contact your internet provider and tell them about it. I had the same problem two years ago, turned out the cabling was old and faulty. They replaced it free of charge and all has been fine since. So give them a ring, they should be able to sort it, whatever the issue is.

Its eir fibre thats not even a year old, could be the new router maybe. I dunno, but my score has gone from A to B

Just had Darmian win player of the year in Asia in my master league.....

Not sure how i feel about this team of the week stuff, makes it way easier. Best thing for myclub used to be for me was to build my team from scratch, now its spend real money on coins vs my scrubs. Not always going to win but throughout the year the squad would start to take some great shape and by xmas you had a great squad of players.

Now it just seems there making it easier to build a savage starting 11.

To be honest though, id take my squad of spuds vs a all star 11 anyday, learn how to play, pass and shoot the hard way and build from the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Not sure how i feel about this team of the week stuff, makes it way easier. Best thing for myclub used to be for me was to build my team from scratch, now its spend real money on coins vs my scrubs. Not always going to win but throughout the year the squad would start to take some great shape and by xmas you had a great squad of players.

Now it just seems there making it easier to build a savage starting 11.

To be honest though, id take my squad of spuds vs a all star 11 anyday, learn how to play, pass and shoot the hard way and build from the bottom

Yup. That's why I've decided to just leave it this year. It's more 'Pay to Win' now than ever before. I've no interest in that.

I've started up a Master League as Steven Gerrard with Rangers to see if I can get them to finally topple Celtic! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Sounds like the game play is crap?

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yup. That's why I've decided to just leave it this year. It's more 'Pay to Win' now than ever before. I've no interest in that.

I've started up a Master League as Steven Gerrard with Rangers to see if I can get them to finally topple Celtic! :pac:

michael-collins-rea-screenshot1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tenor.gif?itemid=3568579

:pac: :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

As I said a few pages back I haven't owned a console in a few years and am rebuying. But is it really gone that bad with pay to play or win?

Really ****ty if it is

Autochange wrote: »
    As I said a few pages back I haven't owned a console in a few years and am rebuying. But is it really gone that bad with pay to play or win?

Really ****ty if it is

That's only just for one mode really, and it's probably no worse than Ultimate Teams in FIFA. It is, unfortunately, where both Konami and EA make most of their money regarding these two franchises.

You can still earn coins in-game by completing tasks and stuff, but it is of course easier to just pay for these coins.

It is still a good game though overall. The graphics, the game play, are all superb. If you haven't bought a console yet then PS4 is definitely better from a Pro Evo perspective. The option files allowing you to have all the correct names and kits are very easy to load onto the game. With Xbox, they don't really allow for this for some reason.

Autochange wrote: »
    Sounds like the game play is crap?

I wouldn't say it's crap in anyway at all. If you have seen me complain it's the computer ai that's the issue.

There are very obvious issues that I can't believe the devs felt they could ignore.

Overall its really good game to play once it's holding your attention you can ignore the issues to a degree.

It really depends how much your into football games! I'm playing pro evo since iss days same with fifa only stopped playing thrm last two or three years.

If you have any detailed questions at all ask me sure! Games are expensive ya know! If have doubts better to find out before buy.

Hahaha, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I wouldn't say it's crap in anyway at all. If you have seen me complain it's the computer ai that's the issue.

There are very obvious issues that I can't believe the devs felt they could ignore.

Overall its really good game to play once it's holding your attention you can ignore the issues to a degree.

It really depends how much your into football games! I'm playing pro evo since iss days same with fifa only stopped playing thrm last two or three years.

If you have any detailed questions at all ask me sure! Games are expensive ya know! If have doubts better to find out before buy.

Spot on. And in fairness, Konami do listen to feedback. They fixed up the fouling, super cancel and player selection in games over the last couple of years following complaints or suggestions.

• Advertisement

Spot on. And in fairness, Konami do listen to feedback. They fixed up the fouling, super cancel and player selection in games over the last couple of years following complaints or suggestions.

Master league is massively flawed though. Between the transfers and the computer ai.

Advertisement