Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Did anyone get a refund from 3 yet?

I was told (5 days after I asked for the refund) that they are still investigating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

"Vodafone to refund 73,000 customers a total of €417,000"

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1120/1094139-vodafone-to-refund-73-000-customers-a-total-of-417-000/

If you're thinking of porting to gomo from Vodafone PAYG, maybe hold on to your number for a while longer to see if you're due a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Signed up to OneDrive today no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Kind of a strange question. I have a modem with a 3 Sim in it that is building up credit, if I put that sim into my phone and setup 3pay on google play, does it need to be in my phone every-time it needs to be billed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kind of a strange question. I have a modem with a 3 Sim in it that is building up credit, if I put that sim into my phone and setup 3pay on google play, does it need to be in my phone every-time it needs to be billed?

Thanks

No it wouldn't, should just work away

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    No it wouldn't, should just work away

Cheers will give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

Cheers will give it a go!

However, say if you want to buy a movie or something once off, or sign up to You tube premium for example, you will need to have the sim in the phone.
    I have the same set up as you.

Once you set up a recurring charge, you don't need the sim in your phone once set up. Hope I make sense

However, say if you want to buy a movie or something once off, or sign up to You tube premium for example, you will need to have the sim in the phone.
    I have the same set up as you.

Once you set up a recurring charge, you don't need the sim in your phone once set up. Hope I make sense

Perfect, its YT premium I want to get.

I had it before on my own phone but I moved to GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

You can use credit on twitch to subscribe to streamers

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

thebo wrote: »

That's right but just be aware it's more expensive to do it this way. In the app a subscription is €6.99 but through the twitch desktop website it's €4.99. Still though if you've built up a lot of credit and don't want to spend it any other way, then why not support your favourite streamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone still having issues buying on playstore using 3 credit? Refunds still not being issued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

webpal wrote:
    Anyone still having issues buying on playstore using 3 credit? Refunds still not being issued

I had two subscriptions go through okay. As well as the Google Play texts, I got additional texts from Three confirming the transaction had been applied successfully, which I'd never gotten before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

They double charged me for Google Play Music this month, still no sign of a refund, doubt I'll be getting it to be honest

xtal191 wrote: »
    They double charged me for Google Play Music this month, still no sign of a refund, doubt I'll be getting it to be honest

Get them back! Get YouTube premium in India via a vpn, costs about €1.60. Google play music comes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Extra storage for Gmail/Google Drive at €1.99 a month for 100GB or €2.99 a month for 200GB. Next it jumps to 2TB at €9.99 a month.

You have a free 15GB with Google so it's only actually 85GB etc. extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Shadow Dancer

webpal wrote: »

Yeah. Tried buying a movie today. Got error message. I tried again. Been charged twice by Three and no movie. No receipt from Google so I'm sure it's an issue with Three

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

thebo wrote: »
    Nuno wrote: »
    That's right but just be aware it's more expensive to do it this way. In the app a subscription is €6.99 but through the twitch desktop website it's €4.99. Still though if you've built up a lot of credit and don't want to spend it any other way, then why not support your favourite streamer.

To cover Play Store costs unfortunately. Not too bad if you've nowhere else to spend the credit.

Was just on 3 chat about an unrelated matter and I said by the way any update on the playstore issue. They said it was ok to use again but recognised there was an issue, they applied a credit as a goodwill gesture and said once issue is resolved with Google the credit would be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is there a way to see how your credit has been spent in a period?

They used to have the list of purchases listed, but I can't seem to find it on the new interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Has anyone managed to get their 3 credit sorted yet?

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    Extra storage for Gmail/Google Drive at €1.99 a month for 100GB or €2.99 a month for 200GB. Next it jumps to 2TB at €9.99 a month.

You have a free 15GB with Google so it's only actually 85GB etc. extra.

I paid €29.99 for 200GB for a year. Much better value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChristmasFM starting on Thursday a good way to use up excess credit and all for charity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mine is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Nope.

I got a usage report. It showed I was charged 4 times. 2 were automatically refunded. Waiting on the other two to come through. I was told that they wouldn't be able to refund it until the usage report was out. Then when I got the usage report, I was told they wouldn't be able to refund it until the issue with Google is fixed. BS tbh.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I paid €29.99 for 200GB for a year. Much better value.

Can that be paid for with phone credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

@wheety ; i've bought the 200Gb slot with prepaid credit on vodafone

Wheety wrote: »
    Can that be paid for with phone credit?

Yeah

100GB will do for me. Just needed the extra space as my free 17GB was running out.

I couldn't pay for it on PC so will try on phone on later. I don't think billpaying works anyway unless you're on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is there a way to see how your credit has been spent in a period?

They used to have the list of purchases listed, but I can't seem to find it on the new interface.
    It's still showing everything ok on the app for me.

I set my account to auto top up every 28 days only had issues once but they refunded me (after a week of bombarding them)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Have three sorted out their prepay carrier billing issues yet ?

Want to use up some credit but not urgent so could hold off ( rather than go through the grief of 3 CS when things go pear shaped )

Advertisement