Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone signed up to the Athletic? It's 50 percent off so 33 euro for the year I believe as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lisij

irishchris wrote: »
    Have you got the sim in your phone and using mobile data?

Yeap. One thing to note though, im on iphone

lisij wrote: »
    Yeap. One thing to note though, im on iphone

Apple don't allow carrier billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

sugarman wrote: »
    Netflix finally kicked me off carrier billing :(

I was getting away with premium for €11.99 the last 3 years.

Same here, pain in the swiss. Haven't topped up the SIM since, just using it for incoming calls at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone signed up to the Athletic? It's 50 percent off so 33 euro for the year I believe as we speak.

Yep, I did. So far I'd say it's worth every cent, it's so nice reading articles without clickbait titles and ads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I'm using my credit from 3 for a YouTube premium subscription for the last couple of months. Just got and e-mail from google giving me a free nest mini as a reward for subscribing. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Yep, I did. So far I'd say it's worth every cent, it's so nice reading articles without clickbait titles and ads

Me too, got it for €19 a few weeks back and read it every day, great well researched and written articles, love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeah theyre kicking everyone off it seems, even people that signed up using a VPN & Revolut for Turkish accounts to get it for €3 a month.

No idea what to be using credit for now, I might just use it all up on calls and texts then switch to GoMo. Was the only thing keeping me on 3.

Shudder is great. Sign up for a year.

pm1977x wrote: »
    Me too, got it for €19 a few weeks back and read it every day, great well researched and written articles, love it.

19 euro for the year? That's some deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

30 euros of Three credit gone in a couple of hours. recommend setting a reminder to top up before you start paying 1euro a mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

30 euros of Three credit gone in a couple of hours. recommend setting a reminder to top up before you start paying 1euro a mb.

Do you not get a text beforehand to say your plan is expiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Do you not get a text beforehand to say your plan is expiring?

Only sometimes.
    Other times the text comes after they take the credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You should be able to stop this happening but Three make too much money to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Are the offers for The Athletic subscription payable by credit? I can't see the offers on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just set it to auto top up every 28 days.
    I have only had issue with it once in years and three gave me back the credit I lost

Colemania wrote: »
    Are the offers for The Athletic subscription payable by credit? I can't see the offers on the app

Got 50% off just before christmas. So 33 euro for the year using 3 credit. As noted on previous page of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

youtube premium no longer seems to allow three credit ? that payment method for me is now greyed out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Colemania wrote: »

http://www.theathletic.com/boxingday19
    (if it redirects away, try again in a private window)

Currently £24, payable on credit through G pay. Well worth that money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

http://www.theathletic.com/boxingday19
    (if it redirects away, try again in a private window)

Currently £24, payable on credit through G pay. Well worth that money

My carrier billing option isn't showing up. Just my debit card and revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

celtic_oz wrote: »
    youtube premium no longer seems to allow three credit ? that payment method for me is now greyed out ?

If you have a dual sim phone take out the other sim. Otherwise I'd say restart your phone. Mine got billed today as 3 credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭dmn22

Trying to buy a movie on Google play. Paying with credit seems to be down. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Pretty annoying Vodafone's limit is €30.
    Couple of subscriptions I could get but are over €30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dmn22 wrote: »
    Trying to buy a movie on Google play. Paying with credit seems to be down. Anyone else experiencing this?

Worked OK for me on Three earlier today.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

The Athletic is down to £19.99 until the 1st, always shows as full price for me but might work for others

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

if paying for youtube premium with your 3 mobile phone credit on your phone. can you access youtube premium with the same google account on your laptop running windows 10. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

You will be able to access YouTube Premium on any device where you've signed in with that Google account, which includes computers and casting to speakers, Chromecast, etc. I mainly use YouTube Premium on my desktop and with the Google Nest mini speaker for Google Play Music. You can also access both Google Play Music and YouTube Music on your PC/laptop's web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Can nowtv passes be bought anywhere with credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I have been thinking about getting the athletic and its €26 at the moment, can I use my sub across different platforms? iOS, android, PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

if paying for youtube premium with your 3 mobile phone credit on your phone. can you access youtube premium with the same google account on your laptop running windows 10. ?

I would assume, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Just to confirm.... is this only available for Android?

Advertisement