Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Online Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd be wary of CD Keys. Not a week goes by without someone complaining about an account ban on Reddit because they bought a subscription off CD Keys that was originally paid for with a stolen credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

So can we make a boardsie family or will they lock us out based on IP or being on different consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Switch Online Makes Nintendo Look Weak (The Jimquisition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y-UzO1rf_Q

Refreshingly honest Jim. He hasn't talked about Nintendo in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    So can we make a boardsie family or will they lock us out based on IP or being on different consoles?

Given how many of us appear to be South African ex-pats or exiled Russians, we can probably make a decent case...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »

And everytime he does, he seems to savage them.

Plus, personally, I think he's controversial at this point because that's his "thing", so let him at it, I wouldn't have expected anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jim is a huge man child. His rants are what make him popular and he only ever rants about popular topics, eg Loot Boxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Yeah, I used to be a fan of Jim's but he just trots out the same tired stuff now with a few misinformed bits to go with it.

I haven't watched this one yet though so no idea if it's on the ball or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can only watch a couple of minutes of that guy before swearing loudly and hitting the back button.

Yeah, I used to be a fan of Jim's but he just trots out the same tired stuff now with a few misinformed bits to go with it.

I haven't watched this one yet though so no idea if it's on the ball or not.

He's most definitely on the ball, he says it as it is and the viewers agree with him, 11,650 thumbs up to 328 thumbs down, over 97% of people like the video. Yes, he can be OTT, and off the mark sometimes but he's right here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He has an opinion.
    It's an opinion.
    Other's also have opinions.
    You agree with his opinion.
    Those that follow his channel also follow his channel appear to agree with him, not surprisingly at all.

So, I'll take him with a pinch of salt.

Here's also a critical view to the Nintendo Online announcement, from someone who loves Nintendo
    See how much better it is.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He has an opinion.
    It's an opinion.
    Other's also have opinions.
    You agree with his opinion.
    Those that follow his channel also follow his channel appear to agree with him, not surprisingly at all.

So, I'll take him with a pinch of salt.

Here's also a critical view to the Nintendo Online announcement, from someone who loves Nintendo
    See how much better it is.

Arlo is much better. He always seems to discuss the negatives and positives of all Nintendo games/console/decisions.

Nintendo Account: Family Groups now live
    Next, here’s some additional details from the Japanese FAQ:
    • as mentioned above, the person who created the Family Group is the Admin;
    • you can have up to 8 people in your group, including the Admin and any associated Child Accounts;
    • Child Accounts created before May 15th are automatically added to your Family Group;
    • you cannot be part of more than one Family Group, at least not with the same account;
    • anyone that’s part of the Family Group can subscribe to the Family Membership: it’s not just the Admin that can do so. Also, when someone subscribes to the Family Membership, everyone else in the group automatically benefits from it;
    • you can set specified members as Guardian (for Parental Controls). Only members who are at least 18 years old can become one;
    • this may seem overly obvious, but Nintendo specifies that members of a Family Group do NOT share Nintendo eShop funds, purchase history, or My Nintendo Points.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-account-family-groups-now-live/

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Arlo is much better. He always seems to discuss the negatives and positives of all Nintendo games/console/decisions.

Look at Arlo,
    He's a Nintendo Fan who takes a balanced view of the company he loves, and what they do.
    Look at Jim, he tries to gain views by being controversial and "edgy".
    Don't be like Jim, be like Arlo!

Look at Arlo,
    He's a Nintendo Fan who takes a balanced view of the company he loves, and what they do.
    Look at Jim, he tries to gain views by being controversial and "edgy".
    Don't be like Jim, be like Arlo!

Plus Arlo is a puppet and puppets are good fun !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    And everytime he does, he seems to savage them.

Not really true that he targets Nintendo.
    He was only praising them last week, has heralded their first party titles & did a video praising how they intentionally hit the ground running with the Switch's first year. Also often praises how Iwata took pay cuts to keep people employed.
    People need to act like adults and realise Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft aren't infallible & not everything they do is great.
    The online infrastructure is something Nintendo has never been great with. You had the eShop not launching day one on the 3DS & the Switch not having their online service ready for 18 months after the system released. What they were doing that took them that time is beyond me.

He's the biggest troll on the internet; takes the tiniest negative thing and blows it way out of proportion just so he can get some attention.

Occasionally, he makes a good point and shows some semblance of intelligence, but he ruins it all with his obnoxiousness and generally being an a$$hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Can I ask why you post in bold before articles like this? It doesn't add anything you would be better off saving the effort of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

He's the biggest troll on the internet; takes the tiniest negative thing and blows it way out of proportion just so he can get some attention.

Occasionally, he makes a good point and shows some semblance of intelligence, but he ruins it all with his obnoxiousness and generally being an a$$hole.

Okay...and what about Jim Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can I ask why you post in bold before articles like this? It doesn't add anything you would be better off saving the effort of doing it

It's the "Headline - Image (usually an embedded video or tweet in Sligeach's case) - article" approach that is in use in pretty much every form of print media since around 400AD. Quit hatin' on da monks, Ragnar!

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not really true that he targets Nintendo.
    He was only praising them last week, has heralded their first party titles & did a video praising how they intentionally hit the ground running with the Switch's first year. Also often praises how Iwata took pay cuts to keep people employed.
    People need to act like adults and realise Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft aren't infallible & not everything they do is great.
    The online infrastructure is something Nintendo has never been great with. You had the eShop not launching day one on the 3DS & the Switch not having their online service ready for 18 months after the system released. What they were doing that took them that time is beyond me.

Well, yeah, I think this point has been made many dozens of times.

But it's the reverse that often appears to be true.
    While we have very few posters here who have an entirely rose tinted view of Nintendo, we do have some "fans" of the company who do seem intent on pouring on the scorn at every opportunity.
    I think most normal people understand that the companies mentioned, all businesses in fact, are there to make money, to improve market share and hopefully deliver a good product and good value.
    Different approaches are expected and welcome, but the assumption of belligerence on the part of a business like the aforementioned is really childish and needs to be challenged when it arises, without fear of being considered a "fanboy" or similar.

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    Okay...and what about Jim Sterling?

Spilt me tea hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone that knows anything about Jim Sterling knows he has a giant bug up his áss about Nintendo. Anything he says about the big N should be taken with a giant dose of salt

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone that knows anything about Jim Sterling knows he has a giant bug up his áss about Nintendo. Anything he says about the big N should be taken with a giant dose of salt

For whatever reason, I was confusing Jim Sterling with Jim Cummings there.

"What does the guy who voices Winnie The Pooh have against Nintendo?"

Rhyme wrote: »
    For whatever reason, I was confusing Jim Sterling with Jim Cummings there.

"What does the guy who voices Winnie The Pooh have against Nintendo?"

"Well Christopher Robin, Roo and myself agree that the Switch is a pile of Eeyore sh1t"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Someone help me here, the subscription Comes with 20 nes games is this not the same as a virtual console?

iamtony wrote: »
    Someone help me here, the subscription Comes with 20 nes games is this not the same as a virtual console?

Expressly not the same thing.
    It appears that the Virtual Console brand is being retired and they are likely to bring some other way to the table, to allow them to charge everyone again for the same games they've bought multiple times, and will buy again!
    We just have to wait to see what they have in store.

It would be a handy shortcut though, to sell the Ninty Gamecube back catalogue for example, plenty of great content there, from the original Luigi's Mansion to FZero GX.

B1unx7q.jpg
    Are you super cereal? :p I always bold and upsize the headings of a story as well as provide a link.

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone that knows anything about Jim Sterling knows he has a giant bug up his áss about Nintendo.

His view of Nintendo fell off a cliff when they started monetising Youtube content. They p!$$€d in a lot of peoples cornflakes with that decision.

In fairness I like the way he does it!

• Advertisement

Expressly not the same thing.
    It appears that the Virtual Console brand is being retired and they are likely to bring some other way to the table, to allow them to charge everyone again for the same games they've bought multiple times, and will buy again!
    We just have to wait to see what they have in store.

It would be a handy shortcut though, to sell the Ninty Gamecube back catalogue for example, plenty of great content there, from the original Luigi's Mansion to FZero GX.

Yeah I was wondering were people going crazy. I picked up a game cube a year ago, haven't done much with it. Must pick up Luigis mansion, loved the 3ds one.
    Is there a list of the 20 nes games? Some old games I'd love to play against online opponents.

Advertisement