Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Online Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks will try it, Nintendo don't make it easy, especially limiting one island per console with Animal Crossing.

Yeah game sharing seems easier on Xbox (within the same house anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Btw I don't think it's explained in the manual, which doesn't appear to exist - to play with others locally you fist have to have a tent on the island and a nook phone. Then you get the yellow flag app for callin g other residents.
    You can also use this app to switch leader - the leader is the player who can open their pockets, talk to villagers etc.
    It's clumsy but workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Quick question, if I sell my Switch today (reset it fully before the sale) when I log into a new one later will my Nintendo Switch Online still be available on the new one? Where will I stand with all my game saves etc.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It will. It's tied to the account, so make sure you remove that. Saves can be downloaded again - I did it when I moved from the OG Switch to the newer model.

chrislad wrote: »
    It will. It's tied to the account, so make sure you remove that. Saves can be downloaded again - I did it when I moved from the OG Switch to the newer model.

Great! So the saves just come back down to the console? Do I need to do anything before I reset the console I'm selling?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On the home menu, highlight each game you care about and hit +, then look at Save Data Cloud to verify the status of the save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

madmoe wrote: »
    Great! So the saves just come back down to the console? Do I need to do anything before I reset the console I'm selling?

Thanks

I'd make sure you know your switch account name(s) and password(s). Check via web browser.

If one of the games you were playing is Animal Crossing then your save file will be lost since it's not backed up to the cloud afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Andrew76 wrote: »
    If one of the games you were playing is Animal Crossing then your save file will be lost since it's not backed up to the cloud afaik.

Let's go Pokemon is the same.

:-(

What about Splatoon 2??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Irish Halo wrote: »
    Same, tied to console.

And partially due to this I've not dipped back into Splatoon2 once since the gamestop switcheroo exchange last summer.

Couldn't face starting from scratch again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

My son is 8 and is very proud to be level 28 (or something) on Splatoon 2.

I have the family online membership but do I need to break it to him that if something happens to the console, he will have to start Splatoon 2 from scratch?

Grassey wrote: »
    And partially due to this I've not dipped back into Splatoon2 once since the gamestop switcheroo exchange last summer.

Couldn't face starting from scratch again

Gamestop switcheroo exchange last summer?

Thanks

branners69 wrote: »
    My son is 8 and is very proud to be level 28 (or something) on Splatoon 2.

I have the family online membership but do I need to break it to him that if something happens to the console, he will have to start Splatoon 2 from scratch?

Yep, piss poor in this day and age that an online game doesn't support cloud saves. Although, maybe he'll take extra care of the device now because of it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

madmoe wrote: »
    Gamestop switcheroo exchange last summer?

Thanks

I assume the upgrade to the newer model. I did the save transfer instore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CastorTroy wrote:
    I assume the upgrade to the newer model. I did the save transfer instore

Exactly. Didn't do the transfer in store at the time.

Just had a go of some of the NES games from the online sub, please tell me you can remap the buttons??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You can get a free 7 day trial of Nintendo Switch Online, even if you've availed of it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Just had a go of some of the NES games from the online sub, please tell me you can remap the buttons??

I think button remapping was part of the last system update a couple of weeks ago. You can save 5 custom profiles so maybe that will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Online really is a complete shambles on this console. Only just realised you cant even text chat outside of certain games built in char functions. Why would they exclude this feature?

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

eggy81 wrote: »
    Online really is a complete shambles on this console. Only just realised you cant even text chat outside of certain games built in char functions. Why would they exclude this feature?

You can pick up your phone and text your friends who are playing with you... Not that difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I don't have kids, but I think nintendos gimped online is a good thing for kid safety.

The amount of clueless parents I've recommended the 20e a year online to s a no brainer, their kids can play MK8 etc without worry and u get tetris 99 and a catalogue of the best 80s 90s Nintendo hits and tetris 99 introducing them to so many Nintendo characters for the 1st time.

A lot of bang for your buck.
    And that SNES online interface face is a piece of cake as are old school games for the younger ones.

And for the complainers, wanting online chats to be included for that mere 20e, Just get a cheap 2nd hand x1 with gamepass and off u go best if both worlds ��

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm tempted to go for the 7-day trial and see if I'd be bothered with online play. I expect it'd chiefly be Mario Kart for me, as that's the game I know my Switch-owning friends also have.

Everything I see about the trial says I need to enable automatic renewals and either link a Paypal account or give Ninty my CC info. I'd rather not give them that info and not avail of automatic renewals at all - does anyone know if that is possible?

Before anyone opts to point out that I can enable 2FA on my account, that's not what I'm asking about and not relevant - I want to know if I can get the online trial without giving Nintendo payment information, not how I can mitigate my exposure having already given them my payment info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fysh wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go for the 7-day trial and see if I'd be bothered with online play. I expect it'd chiefly be Mario Kart for me, as that's the game I know my Switch-owning friends also have.

Everything I see about the trial says I need to enable automatic renewals and either link a Paypal account or give Ninty my CC info. I'd rather not give them that info and not avail of automatic renewals at all - does anyone know if that is possible?

Before anyone opts to point out that I can enable 2FA on my account, that's not what I'm asking about and not relevant - I want to know if I can get the online trial without giving Nintendo payment information, not how I can mitigate my exposure having already given them my payment info.

Don't think it's possible.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,261 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

kevin2me wrote: »
    I don't have kids, but I think nintendos gimped online is a good thing for kid safety.

The amount of clueless parents I've recommended the 20e a year online to s a no brainer, their kids can play MK8 etc without worry and u get tetris 99 and a catalogue of the best 80s 90s Nintendo hits and tetris 99 introducing them to so many Nintendo characters for the 1st time.

A lot of bang for your buck.
    And that SNES online interface face is a piece of cake as are old school games for the younger ones.

And for the complainers, wanting online chats to be included for that mere 20e, Just get a cheap 2nd hand x1 with gamepass and off u go best if both worlds ��

That's your opinion, I think it's gick(putting it politely). I can't take that opinion seriously.

Nintendo Switch Online is Down, Online Services Inaccessible
    Users who find that they can't connect to the internet on their Switch aren't alone; Nintendo Switch Online services are currently down.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-online-down-outage/

Eshop is working fine for me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

sligeach wrote: »
    That's your opinion, I think it's gick(putting it politely). I can't take that opinion seriously.

Nintendo Switch Online is Down, Online Services Inaccessible
    Users who find that they can't connect to the internet on their Switch aren't alone; Nintendo Switch Online services are currently down.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-online-down-outage/

Well I can't take your above comment seriously, Your site of choice is called GAMERANT, which is quite poetic coming from you, as let's be honest, you do love a good rant. Your boards and NLifes version of Ireland Nintendo Angry Gamer at times Sligeach.

Your continuous negative bias against nintendo while also being a Nintendo fan, does have its pros and cons, as there's are a lot of us overly defensive of nintendo, myself included, so its needed to be balanced, just wish you'd even it out a bit more and see some context.

Is Nintendo perfect no, do they need to be, no its their business to run how they decide to, not the fans, but we can vote with our wallets if you don't like.

For me Id much rather pay 20e Per YEAR to have access to 70 or so good classic games that would have costs 100s on previous consoles eshop and online is a bonus on top of it.

I've had little to no issues past 3 years with Online of which was free for year 1. So 40e or so for 3 years its proven good value.

To put that into context, Gamerpass for x1 is excellent too but at approx 14e p/m that's 504e over the same period, Half that for xbox standard online.

I'm sure Nintendo Online and eshop will improve and needs to improve over time, but right now I think its good value for what it offers.

Advertisement