Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Online Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if the release of SNES games onto the service will encourage the haters to park their outrage for a while?

Nah... Doubt it....
    Personally it would make a huge difference to how I view the service. Especially as ive never had a snes and never bothered with vc on Wii.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was just joshing.
    Tbh it's the SNES stuff where the format really shone for this gamer back in the day.
    While I had a Gameboy before that and it was, and still is, marvellous, the NES never grabbed me at the time with far better content on the Amiga, and they translated well as early Megadrive games.
    I mean, you think the ports have come thick and fast on the Switch, try being an Amiga owner investing in a Megadrive!
    But I think any N64 games will disappoint, they rarely work in modern times, with a handful of exceptions.
    Please though, let a Mario Sunshine HD be in the plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

I was just joshing.
    Tbh it's the SNES stuff where the format really shone for this gamer back in the day.
    While I had a Gameboy before that and it was, and still is, marvellous, the NES never grabbed me at the time with far better content on the Amiga, and they translated well as early Megadrive games.
    I mean, you think the ports have come thick and fast on the Switch, try being an Amiga owner investing in a Megadrive!
    But I think any N64 games will disappoint, they rarely work in modern times, with a handful of exceptions.
    Please though, let a Mario Sunshine HD be in the plans!

I was a mega drive owner back in the 16 bit days. Only ever had a snes on rental from extra vision a few times. It was just an amazing piece of kit. The novelty factor of sf2 on it was class having only played in arcade before. I'm really looking forward to the snes games appearing on switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The MD shone with Shmups, such as Thunderforce III and IV, which still shine as standards today.
    The Snes seemed to master pretty much everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

iamtony wrote:
    When are we getting n64 games like ive played super mario world already man

I'm actually looking forward to see if they do SP versions of snes games.
    Think we could see an official version of BS Zelda or F Zero games in the west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,262 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo Switch SNES Games May Release Sooner Than Expected; English Descriptions Discovered

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-snes-games-english-descriptions/

Nintendo Is Hiring A Manager For Its Online Service To Establish Its "Objectives And Goals"

https://www.thegamer.com/nintendo-hiring-manager-online-service-objectives-goals/

sligeach wrote: »
    Nintendo Is Hiring A Manager For Its Online Service To Establish Its "Objectives And Goals"

https://www.thegamer.com/nintendo-hiring-manager-online-service-objectives-goals/

No harm, given how important this feature is to all modern gaming devices.
    Kinda surprising that it wasn't in place already!
    I mean, they probably still have a Hanafuda Manager on staff!

I may be losing my marbles, I'm not sure if I posted this a few days ago.

Edit: No, I didn't post it before.

NINTENDO SWITCH ONLINE UPDATE SURPRISES WITH METROID SP 2 AND BLASTER MASTER SP

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/nintendo-switch-online-update-surprises-with-metroid-sp-2-and-blaster-master-sp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Weird decision. Is that not an admission that "We know you're only going to spend 5 minutes playing the game, so it might as well be the best 5 minutes..."?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Banjo wrote: »
    Weird decision. Is that not an admission that "We know you're only going to spend 5 minutes playing the game, so it might as well be the best 5 minutes..."?

The main thing stopping me from playing is the stupid control layout in handheld mode. The buttons are in the wrong places and no remapping is available yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I predict a new SNES app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Mr E wrote: »
    I predict a new SNES app.

A reasonable suggestion - what d'ya think are the odds of it dropping tonight during the Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tetris is sooo addictive..... Great game though.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    A reasonable suggestion - what d'ya think are the odds of it dropping tonight during the Direct?

I'd say it was slim...
    20:20 hindsight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I'd say it was slim...
    20:20 hindsight!

Aye, a shame! Hard to be disappointed after that though, great Direct, Tetris 99 is great fun!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Aye, a shame! Hard to be disappointed after that though, great Direct, Tetris 99 is great fun!

Yeah it's great. I'm level 19 and the second I start a game I'm targeted by loads of people, that's a bit head wrecking though. I've come 6th that's the best I've done. But the last hour I'm lucky to get into the top 50 because of the system.

https://twitter.com/iamtonyfarrell/status/1096184520066314240?s=19

Level 20 now its impossible to keep it Down:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Signed up to the free trial just to try out Tetris, pretty good actually. Only level 8 but highest finish is 3rd so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quick question: if I buy a Nintendo Switch Online subscription code from a UK site e.g. Simply Games, will the code work on my Irish Nintendo account?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't know for sure, but I think so. Have bought online memberships from these guys before, and they haven't failed to deliver yet.

12 month membership for €17

(Seems to be the same site/people as press-start.com, which is widely recommended in the PS/XBOX forums)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What's the cheapest e-shop to subscribe to Nintendo Online on? Or do you have to subscribe on the Irish e-shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

manual_man wrote:
    What's the cheapest e-shop to subscribe to Nintendo Online on? Or do you have to subscribe on the Irish e-shop?

SA when I signed up. But if you sign up for the annual sub you'll have to turn off the automatic renewal if you hop between countries buying titles with the one account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Grassey wrote: »
    SA when I signed up. But if you sign up for the annual sub you'll have to turn off the automatic renewal if you hop between countries buying titles with the one account.

You mean you have to turn off the auto renewal EVERY time you switch to another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Well no. You have to turn it off the first time, if you don't re-enable it then you don't need to worry about it...

... I assume they will notify me in the run up to the year anniversary...

... Though if you keep reenabling it, then yes I'd guess you'd have to disable it each country hop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

I joined someone's family over the weekend, Tetris 99 is pretty damn good.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I joined someone's family over the weekend, Tetris 99 is pretty damn good.

Can the family account be used over multiple switches? I thought it was only different users on the one switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No, multiple Switches. My brother and my nephew are on my family account (3 switches in total).

Advertisement